Peace In the General Forum

Peace In the General Forum

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
11 Aug 22
1 edit

@fmf said
I also spoonerized Phil's name, and Bill and I used silly pseudonyms too. Nothing malicious.
That doesn't address the question.

'I remember at the time Phil asking me in a gameboard chat if I knew why the upcoming show wasn't available for preview (as it always had been to that point). For the first time, I went into the live show blind, not knowing what stories were to be broadcast and half expecting no stories of mine to be included (due to things not being good between us). It all made sense when I heard you spoonerise my name.

I guess that was all just coincidence, hey? '

F

Moves
11 Aug 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
That doesn't address the question.
If the question is along the lines of "was the spoonerized pseudonym malicious?" then the answer is no.

F

Moves
11 Aug 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I remember at the time Phil asking me in a gameboard chat if I knew why the upcoming show wasn't available for preview (as it always had been to that point).
We haven't "previewed" any of our radio shows on Mixcloud since August 2020 because the radio station asked us not to. They want the "live" broadcast to be the first airing of all their shows.

F

Moves
11 Aug 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
For the first time, I went into the live show blind, not knowing what stories were to be broadcast and half expecting no stories of mine to be included (due to things not being good between us). It all made sense when I heard you spoonerise my name.
It all made sense when I heard you spoonerise my name.

You should have sent me a PM about it.

Moves
11 Aug 22
1 edit

@fmf said
We haven't "previewed" any of our radio shows on Mixcloud since August 2020 because the radio station asked us not to. They want the "live" broadcast to be the first airing of all their shows.
At the time of my involvement, the shows were always available for preview, just before they went live on radio. It was the way I listened to the shows. This only didn't happen with the shows where you changed my name. (Blatantly intentional).

I think you should take ownership of this, and apologize. It's long overdue.

F

Moves
11 Aug 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
At the time of my involvement, the shows were always available for preview, just before they went live on radio.
The first two or three shows were posted to Mixcloud several days before being broadcast. The radio station got wind of it [at that time they were automatically appearing on their website] and asked us to desist.

F

Moves
11 Aug 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
This only didn't happen with the shows where you changed my name. (Blatantly intentional).
Nope. Not "intentional" in the way you imagine.

ENGLAND

Moves
11 Aug 22
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
At the time of my involvement, the shows were always available for preview, just before they went live on radio. It was the way I listened to the shows. This only didn't happen with the shows where you changed my name. (Blatantly intentional).
Don’t you think you were and still are overreacting to this.

Multiple contributors names were altered to ensure no duplication, one was yours and you flew off the handle. From what I understood the resultant name used was very close to your actual name and it didn’t sound like a joke name or anything like that. It read like a perfectly normal male name.

Your reaction was and still is ridiculous.

Moves
11 Aug 22

@fmf said
The first two or three shows were posted to Mixcloud several days before being broadcast. The radio station got wind of it [at that time they were automatically appearing on their website] and asked us to desist.
And this, by sheer coincidence, happened for the very first time when you had changed my name?!

Moves
11 Aug 22

@fmf said
Nope. Not "intentional" in the way you imagine.
I don't believe you.

Moves
11 Aug 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
Don’t you think you were and still are overreacting to this.

Multiple contributors names were altered to ensure no duplication, one was yours and you flew off the handle. From what I understood the resultant name used was very close to your actual name and it didn’t sound like a joke name or anything like that. It read like a perfectly normal male name.

Your reaction was and still is ridiculous.
You are incorrect on multiple levels.

Footnote:
When Dive says, "From what I understand" he will invariably proceed to write complete nonsense.

F

Moves
11 Aug 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I think you should take ownership of this, and apologize. It's long overdue.
I didn't do anything wrong - at least nothing that you couldn't have set straight easily with a 3 or 4-word PM. No apology from me.

I found out who you really are. A brittle, vindictive man with a temper. What was it you said after you'd had ALL our programmes [temporarily] taken off the air? "Don't mess with the Duke". A glimpse into your own pettiness, I feel.

If I could have the time over again, I wouldn't let you anywhere near my family and friends. And if ever you have cause to contact the radio station again - maybe a lawsuit under the Data Protection Act? - they will not be fooled a second time.

F

Moves
11 Aug 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I don't believe you.
Obviously. If you are not going to stand corrected about the whole nasty affair, you are just going to have to stick to your paranoid guns.

SRB

Moves
11 Aug 22

Moves
11 Aug 22

@fmf said
I didn't do anything wrong - at least nothing that you couldn't have set straight easily with a 3 or 4-word PM. No apology from me.

I found out who you really are. A brittle, vindictive man with a temper. What was it you said after you'd had ALL our programmes [temporarily] taken off the air? "Don't mess with the Duke". A glimpse into your own pettiness, I feel.

If I coul ...[text shortened]... tion again - maybe a lawsuit under the Data Protection Act? - they will not be fooled a second time.
Back in reality, it was yourself who revealed a darker underbelly, one of spite and petty malice.