Living in Truth.

Living in Truth.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
28 Mar 19

@rajk999 said
This what you wrote is not in the bible

All the work of salvation, which includes justification, sanctification and the imputation of righteousness is done by God Himself on our behalf by grace alone, and not by any human effort..

That is pure church doctrine.

This one sentence here from Paul contradicts that

[b](For not the hearers of the law are just befo ...[text shortened]... ou claim eternal justification. Clearly there is something that followers and Christians need to DO.
And your lopsided out of context perspective contradicts the clear teaching of scripture.

Where were you when Christ died on the cross? Nowhere. You didn't exist. But He died for you anyway, and you did nothing to contribute to the salvation God brought to man.

Your arrogance supersedes the substitutionary death of Christ on the cross for a salvation based on performance and works, which is a direct contradiction of God's salvation by grace through faith and not of works.

Good luck working your way to eternal life as if God needed something from you as a requirement for it. Earning salvation is an evil doctrine of devils for which Paul gave a grave warning to whoever teaches it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Mar 19

@rajk999 said
Of course I know. I also know it has nothing to do with going door to door.
Please tell me. I don't think you know...

F

Moves
29 Mar 19

@sonship said
What on earth are you babbling on about ?
I am not "babbling". When Romans1009 was boasting about how he believed looking after his mother was an example of Christian 'good works', you were speculating about how you will maybe receive greater rewards than other Christians receive in "Heaven" because you post a lot on this chess website.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Mar 19

In case anyone here is curious or maybe would like to learn what we really believe as their seems to be a few misconceptions in that and why we do what we do, this is a good link to check out. Even if you totally disagree, it would only be fair to know more about us to ask questions here or for the times one of us might knock on your door.
You don't have to respond here at all or say your not interested but just offering this to anyone that may want to see for themselves in your own time.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/ministry/#?insight[search_id]=0ae5ae80-58b3-4783-a763-e600bc1bc786&insight[search_result_index]=26

F

Moves
29 Mar 19

@sonship said
I think you are trying to provoke me to lose my temper to build up a paper trail to recommend I be banned from the Forum.
"Banned from the forum"? I haven't alerted even one of your posts in 12 years. Who is trying to get you "banned from the Forum"? What's with this paranoia/well-poisoning?

F

Moves
29 Mar 19

@galveston75 said
If nothing else look at the first word in the first paragraph. There is the answer you all want so much, and it's the one that was in this post all along!!

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/who-saved/#?insight[search_id]=ce24cad8-9dbb-4778-b6b2-b57b7fa59651&insight[search_result_index]=6
Here is the paragraph and here is that "first word""

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Feel That They Are the Only People Who Will Be Saved? No. Many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation. The Bible explains that in God’s promised new world, “there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) Additionally, many now living may yet begin to serve God, and they too will gain salvation.

Two questions about the paragraph you asked me to read:

1. It says "many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation." What about people living now (never mind those who lived in centuries past) ... what about people currently alive who aren't Jehovah’s Witnesses and who don't conform with JW policies and pratcices?

2. It says "Many now living may yet begin to serve God, and they too will gain salvation." Well, you obviously believe Jehovah’s Witnesses have begun to serve God. What about people who are Baptists, Anglicans, Episcopalians Mormons, Catholics, Presbyterians etc. and who "serve God" piously within the terms of reference of those Christian traditions - have they "begun to serve God"?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Mar 19

@fmf said
Here is the paragraph and here is that "first word""

[b]Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Feel That They Are the Only People Who Will Be Saved? No. Many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation. The Bible explains that in God’s promised new world, “there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unri ...[text shortened]... iously within the terms of reference of those Christian traditions - have they "begun to serve God"?
Sorry but I can't seem to answer your question in a satisfactory way. Maybe salvation means something differently to us. See if this link helps explain our view better.....

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-salvation/#?insight[search_id]=7f1e2bd5-df98-49ca-86c8-eef3a0b08c66&insight[search_result_index]=26

F

Moves
29 Mar 19

@galveston75 said
Sorry but I can't seem to answer your question in a satisfactory way.
You didn't try to answer it at all. You ignored it. Then you talked about your own victimhood. What about my two questions. I went to the link you gave me. I read the paragraph. What about my questions?

F

Moves
29 Mar 19

@galveston75 said
https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-salvation/#?insight[search_id]=7f1e2bd5-df98-49ca-86c8-eef3a0b08c66&insight[search_result_index]=26
There are still questions unanswered about...

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/who-saved/#?insight[search_id]=ce24cad8-9dbb-4778-b6b2-b57b7fa59651&insight[search_result_index]=6

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Mar 19

@fmf said
There are still questions unanswered about...

Sorry but can't help you....

F

Moves
29 Mar 19

@galveston75 said
Sorry but can't help you....
All you have to do is answer the two questions I asked about the paragraph you asked me to read.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Mar 19
4 edits

@FMF

"Banned from the forum"? I haven't alerted even one of your posts in 12 years. Who is trying to get you "banned from the Forum"? What's with this paranoia/well-poisoning?

Does it compare to your paranoia that the New Testament gospel is a conspiracy of cleverly intertwined fabrications at about every single level ?

I'll take your word for it that you haven't reported any post of mine. I wondered why you once tried to impress me that you were so cosy with one Russ, as the owner of the website.

It seemed like a hint - hint to me that you're a buddy buddy with the webmaster in some inside way.

You're not the only one who remembers stuff here.

And all your excuses that the gospels are a massive hoax and conspiracy are wild paranoia on your part.

Give us the innocent routine now.

F

Moves
29 Mar 19

@sonship said
Does it compare to your paranoia that the New Testament gospel is a conspiracy of cleverly intertwined fabrications at about every single level ?
I lack belief in the veracity of the New Testament. It's not "paranoia".

F

Moves
29 Mar 19

@sonship said
I wondered why you once tried to impress me that you were so cosy with one Russ, as the owner of the website.
I have never said that. You are mixing me up with someone else.

F

Moves
29 Mar 19

@sonship said
And all your excuses that the gospels are a massive hoax and conspiracy are wild paranoia on your part.
No, it's not "paranoia". I am not "paranoid" about Hinduism either. I am just not a Hindu. Nor am I "paranoid" about Islam. I'm simply not a Muslim. I am not "paranoid" about Judaism; I am just not a Jew. I am not "paranoid" about Christianity. Not at all.