Living in Truth.

Living in Truth.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Mar 19

@divegeester said
Do you think that dodging fair questions makes you appear furtive and ill informed about your religion?
Lol. I don't know what else to tell you or FMF. If I've answered wrong and if I'm incapable of answering the way you two want me to, I'm sorry. I don't now what else to do.
Perhaps if you know another JW you could ask them and maybe they'll come up with the answers you two want. Maybe they'll say I'm wrong and just a foolish idiot, but I just don't care anymore when it comes to trying to satisfy your questions.
So all I can tell you is I have no idea what to do or say or admit or lie about for you or just say I'm stupid and should crawl into a hole and disappear. I have nothing else to say, explain, argue with you on concerning what you two feel is so important for me to say. I'm out of ideas. You can keep posting until the day we all die the same questions you have been doing for a few years now, over and over and over. I will still have the same answers over and over and over. So somehow grasp what I'm saying and move on to what ever else you want.
So now that I've clearly said I have nothing else to say to either of you on these subjects, this I would think would be the chance I'm giving you two to move on and let it go. But will you actually do it? I would think a wise person would, but I just don't know.....

F

Moves
29 Mar 19

@galveston75 said
If I've answered wrong and if I'm incapable of answering the way you two want me to, I'm sorry. I don't now what else to do.
You sidestepped the two questions I asked you. What you should do is answer them.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Mar 19
1 edit

@galveston75 said
I believe I asked you first???? You say it has nothing to do with our door to door work, you are completely wrong. It's a clear explanation to us but for ones who do not see it and know it's application, it must be hard to explain. Maybe that's why you are not?
If ones heart is not inline with Jehovah's spirit and is not willing to humble themselves to do this teaching ...[text shortened]... make no sense or is misapplied.

So please tell me your interpretation of this set of scriptures?
I dont need to explain why YOU believe something. Neither do I bother with stupid questions. If you notice how I post around here you can learn from me. I post my belief and doctrine. I then provide biblical support for what I believe from the teachings Christ and Apostles. I dont ask questions.

Again nowhere did Jesus state that all believers must go door to door. His instructions were specifically to 11 disciples and to 70 others sent out to preach as is clearly stated in the gospel accounts.

And of course by all means follow the command to go door to door. That is your prerogative. Your belief that all others need to do it and to follow the JWs is where your doctrine and teachings becomes nonsense and unbiblical.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Mar 19
4 edits

@Rajk999

Again nowhere did Jesus state that all believers must go door to door.

So what? He wants to go door to door.
Its the teaching and the message that is the issue, not so much his method.

You're so legal and "by the book" -
Where explicitly is the command for the Christian to post on the Internet ?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Mar 19

@sonship said
@Rajk999
Again nowhere did Jesus state that all believers must go door to door.

You're so legal and "by the book" -
Where explicitly is the command for the Christian to post on the Internet ?
As usual you are demonstrating your poor English comprehension.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
29 Mar 19

@divegeester said
Don’t change the subject.

We are discussing your support of Jehovah’s Witnesses to hold whatever beliefs they wish. Perhaps you would like to respond to my posts about that?
I was replying to your post, so no change of subject.

So, this is the second tim eof asking, and don’t duck the question:

Do you believe every word in the Bible?

Yes or no.

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Mar 19

@galveston75 said
Lol. I don't know what else to tell you or FMF. If I've answered wrong and if I'm incapable of answering the way you two want me to, I'm sorry. I don't now what else to do.
Perhaps if you know another JW you could ask them and maybe they'll come up with the answers you two want. Maybe they'll say I'm wrong and just a foolish idiot, but I just don't care anymore when it ...[text shortened]... et it go. But will you actually do it? I would think a wise person would, but I just don't know.....
You could use another sick relative to hide behind...

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Mar 19

@caljust said
I was replying to your post, so no change of subject.

So, this is the second tim eof asking, and don’t duck the question:

Do you believe every word in the Bible?

Yes or no.
Feel free to start a thread on it Caljust and see if it gains traction. Our exchange is about the Jehovahs Witnesses and this horrible cult.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Mar 19

@divegeester said
You could use another sick relative to hide behind...
Wow that is a really deep cut. That was not necessary at all. You seem to have a split personality or something. I really can't believe you just said that after your other post of sounding like you really cared.....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Mar 19

@rajk999 said
I dont need to explain why YOU believe something. Neither do I bother with stupid questions. If you notice how I post around here you can learn from me. I post my belief and doctrine. I then provide biblical support for what I believe from the teachings Christ and Apostles. I dont ask questions.

Again nowhere did Jesus state that all believers must go door to door. His i ...[text shortened]... to do it and to follow the JWs is where your doctrine and teachings becomes nonsense and unbiblical.
Lol. All that means is you have no idea what Jesus meant in those scriptures. And it means you don't want me to explain it to you. How terrible that a JW could tell you what a scripture means. That would be awful huh?

F

Moves
30 Mar 19

@galveston75 said
Lol. All that means is you have no idea what Jesus meant in those scriptures.
Can someone who believes in Jesus but doesn't go door to door still be "saved"?

F

Moves
30 Mar 19
1 edit

@galveston75 said
I really can't believe you just said that after your other post of sounding like you really cared.....
You have my sympathies with regard to your family problems. Perhaps you should start a thread about them where the pertinence of suddenly talking about them would be understood.

Maybe there are others here who feel this forum - and such a thread - would be the right venue to spread such ostensibly unimpeachable personal eggshells all around them - deliberately - and then bristle if anyone steps on them.

Doing that would be more gracious than suddenly mentioning those problems year in year out and invariably doing so in the process of dodging on-topic questions about things like blood transfusions, the cover-up of sexual abuse, the institutionalized bullying of ex-JWs, the need to be a JW if one is to be saved etc. etc.

As I say, you have my sympathies with regard to your family problems.

F

Moves
30 Mar 19

@sonship said
Are you not aware of what the JWs claim about themselves vis a vis going door to door and what it means with regard to "salvation" and their take on the Bible and how they define themselves as the only 'real' Christians? Can you really still be unaware of it, after all these years?

Rajk999 is directly confronting galveston75 over the teaching and the message and he is making that the issue. You don't seem to realize. You seem to be berating him on autopilot.

Your totally oblivious comment above makes you sound like you have no idea what Rajk999 and galveston75's conversation is about. This is a message board, sonship. People have conversations.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Mar 19

@fmf said
You have my sympathies with regard to your family problems. Perhaps you should start a thread about them where the pertinence of suddenly talking about them would be understood.

Maybe there are others here who feel this forum - and such a thread - would be the right venue to spread such ostensibly unimpeachable personal eggshells all around them - deliberately - and then bris ...[text shortened]... ne is to be saved etc. etc.

As I say, you have my sympathies with regard to your family problems.
Thank you. Now once again for maybe the 10th or 20th or 30th time, who knows by now, I have answered these questions for you. I don't believe you are that dense, stupid or ignorant that you can't understand that I have absolutely no more I can say other then what has been said.
It must be your conception of what I'm saying to you is off or maybe I don't understand your questions and incapable of answering you. Either way you've gotten all your going to get. Not because I don't want to, believe me I'd love to get you off my back and give you the perfect answer to make your day.
All I can say is go find another JW to ask and if not then dude just-get-over-it.

F

Moves
30 Mar 19

@galveston75 said
Thank you. Now once again for maybe the 10th or 20th or 30th time, who knows by now, I have answered these questions for you. I don't believe you are that dense, stupid or ignorant that you can't understand that I have absolutely no more I can say other then what has been said.
It must be your conception of what I'm saying to you is off or maybe I don't understand your ...[text shortened]... o make your day.
All I can say is go find another JW to ask and if not then dude just-get-over-it.
Can you address my responses to what you asked me to read at the bottom of page 10?