Living in Truth.

Living in Truth.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
29 Mar 19

@divegeester said

Perhaps your “acceptance of their right to their particular point of view” will help you deal with the occasional child sacrifice of their children to appease their god when blood is required to save the child’s life.
Have you ever asked yourself whether your ranting and raving about their beliefs has ever saved somebody out of their clutches, or prevented anybody joining them? Whether it has had any positive effect whatsoever?

But then I also gladly grant you the right to your own opinions.

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Mar 19

@galveston75 said
Again I'm so sorry. When it rains it pours as they say.
It’s just life, stuff happens. I don’t leave the forum because of it, dodge questions about my beliefs because of it.

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Mar 19
1 edit

@galveston75 said
Sorry but I can't seem to answer your question in a satisfactory way. Maybe salvation means something differently to us. See if this link helps explain our view better.....

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-salvation/#?insight[search_id]=7f1e2bd5-df98-49ca-86c8-eef3a0b08c66&insight[search_result_index]=26
Do you think that dodging fair questions makes you appear furtive and ill informed about your religion?

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Mar 19
1 edit

@galveston75 said
Sorry but can't help you....
Do you think that dodging fair questions makes you appear furtive and ill informed about your religion?

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Mar 19

@caljust said
Have you ever asked yourself whether your ranting and raving about their beliefs has ever saved somebody out of their clutches, or prevented anybody joining them? Whether it has had any positive effect whatsoever?

But then I also gladly grant you the right to your own opinions.
This is just a deflective hyperbole by you. I am not here to “save anyone from their (JW) clutches” . This is a debate forum.

Everything I posted is relevant on topic material about the JWs. It is stuff that has been debated in this very forum with evidences time and again.

You can either addresss it head on and with integrity or you can flounce around making posts like the one you just have and pretend it’s not real.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
29 Mar 19

@divegeester said

You can either addresss it head on and with integrity or you can flounce around making posts like the one you just have and pretend it’s not real.
Again, I grant you the right to your own opinion - even though you say that we should not do that.

I like to debate about facts, and how we interpret them differently. But I do not try to change your opinions, if you hold them deeply and honestly.

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Mar 19

@caljust said
I like to debate about facts, and how we interpret them differently. But I do not try to change your opinions, if you hold them deeply and honestly.
Do you mean “facts” such as your claim that reincarnation was proven because someone told you so?

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
29 Mar 19

@divegeester said
Do you mean “facts” such as your claim that reincarnation was proven because someone told you so?
No, silly, but because of the fact that it is mentioned in the Bible, amongst other documentary evidence.

But this was definitely a side issue, I cannot say I am a staunch proponent of reincarnation, I merely mentioned it in passing as “interesting” (if I recall correctly, but I have no doubt that you will correct me if I am wrong)

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Mar 19

@caljust said
No, silly, but because of the fact that it is mentioned in the Bible, amongst other documentary evidence.
Oh “silly” me.

I should have released that was “proof” of reincarnation.

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Mar 19

@caljust said
I merely mentioned it in passing
You mean you are trying to use it to deflect away from the FACTS about JW bullying, child sacrifice and covering up of child sex abuse on a global scale?

You’d rather talk about reincarnation...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Mar 19

@secondson said
And your lopsided out of context perspective contradicts the clear teaching of scripture.

Where were you when Christ died on the cross? Nowhere. You didn't exist. But He died for you anyway, and you did nothing to contribute to the salvation God brought to man.

Your arrogance supersedes the substitutionary death of Christ on the cross for a salvation based on performa ...[text shortened]... g salvation is an evil doctrine of devils for which Paul gave a grave warning to whoever teaches it.
Again, this statement which appears to be the core of your belief is not in the bible

All the work of salvation, which includes justification, sanctification and the imputation of righteousness is done by God Himself on our behalf by grace alone, and not by any human effort..

If it is then please provide a reference. Thank you.

What the Bible actually says is as follows.
- the wages of sin is death
- mankind sinned and therefore death is the inevitable end
- God provided a sacrifice to pay for this sin in the form of Christ
- Man is forgiven and washed clean when he accepts Christ
- Eternal life is granted to those who are obedient to Christ
- Eternal damnation is the end result of those who accept Christ and eventually fall away.

God provided a way out of the condemnation of the sin of Adam. That way is through living righteously by following the commandments of Christ.

Your doctrine that all you have to do is profess your faith and God does the rest is utter garbage.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Mar 19

@galveston75 said
So you do not know what those scriptures are speaking of?
Neither do you apparently. If you have a point to make then make it.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
29 Mar 19

@divegeester said

I should have released that was “proof” of reincarnation.
No, you needn’t have released it, it wasn’t tied down.

So then you also don’t believe everything that is in the Bible?

Yes or no?

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Mar 19

@caljust said
No, you needn’t have released it, it wasn’t tied down.

So then you also don’t believe everything that is in the Bible?

Yes or no?
Don’t change the subject.

We are discussing your support of Jehovah’s Witnesses to hold whatever beliefs they wish. Perhaps you would like to respond to my posts about that?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Mar 19

@rajk999 said
Neither do you apparently. If you have a point to make then make it.
I believe I asked you first???? You say it has nothing to do with our door to door work, you are completely wrong. It's a clear explanation to us but for ones who do not see it and know it's application, it must be hard to explain. Maybe that's why you are not?
If ones heart is not inline with Jehovah's spirit and is not willing to humble themselves to do this teaching work that this own son explained and actually did himself, then scriptures like this make no sense or is misapplied.

So please tell me your interpretation of this set of scriptures?