JW Question

JW Question

Spirituality

F

Moves
09 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
...whether you find that cheapening or anything else is your business.
Yes, it is. And that's why I am stating it here, so that you and anyone else who's interested can know what my opinion is, robbie. We make our business the business of whoever reads it when we choose to debate on a forum like this.

rc

Moves
09 Dec 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
You're arguing against your own argument. This is what you said on page 25 -

going to the gym benefits no one but yourself

I never claimed it was my scenario was 'workable', those were your words not mine. Iwas shwoing you how your statement was wrong.
that was in practice, you theory concerns not only you but the entire populace.

F

Moves
09 Dec 11

in what sense is evangelism linked to sacrifice FMF, you dont seem to know or have
yet, not explained in what sense it is linked, have you.
It's your claim, not mine, robbie.

rc

Moves
09 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF
Yes, it is. And that's why I am stating it here, so that you and anyone else who's interested can know what my opinion is, robbie. We make our business the business of whoever reads it when we choose to debate on a forum like this.
only yesterday FMF you were reticent about giving your opinion, now you cannot help
yourself, how vewy vewy intewsting, anyhow, you have some questions to answer,

in what sense is evangelism linked to sacrifice FMF

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Dec 11
1 edit

that was in practice, you theory concerns not only you but the entire populace.
I was showing you how exercise benefits not only the person exercising but society at large also.

Do you agree or disagree that statement is true?

F

Moves
09 Dec 11

in what sense is evangelism linked to sacrifice FMF
The claim that unpaid voluntary work is linked to "blood sacrifice" is your claim, robbie, not my claim. You explain your claim, don't expect me to explain it.

rc

Moves
09 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF
It's your claim, not mine, robbie.
on no FMF, its clearly stated in the Bible, its not mine FMF, i did not write it, and soo,
here we have an instance of you deriding others for performing a work which you are
unable or unwilling to state, what is the nature of that work and how it correlates to
their understanding of their religious convictions. Its termed prejudice FMF and is quite
unsavoury coming from such an all encompassing liberal like yourself, yes, very
unsavoury indeed.

rc

Moves
09 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
The claim that unpaid voluntary work is linked to "blood sacrifice" is your claim, robbie, not my claim. You explain your claim, don't expect me to explain it.
its in the Bible FMF, you were shown the text three times and could not even bring
yourself to openly and honestly acknowledge that such was the case, in what sense is
it linked FMF, you have derided the idea, in what sense is it therefore linked.

rc

Moves
09 Dec 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I was showing you how exercise benefits not only the person exercising but society at large also.

Do you agree or disagree that statement is true?
in theory it would be true, in practice, unworkable unless you impose exercise on the
populace, then it would be a brilliant idea.

F

Moves
09 Dec 11
1 edit

Its termed prejudice FMF and is quite unsavoury coming from such an all encompassing liberal like yourself, yes, very unsavoury indeed.
I am not permitted to be disappointed by the way you use a religionist prism to frame an ordinary decent thing like voluntary service as personal "sacrifice" without me being accused of being "unsavoury" and "prejudiced"?

F

Moves
09 Dec 11

its in the Bible FMF, you were shown the text three times and could not even bring
yourself to openly and honestly acknowledge that such was the case,
The fact that it is in the Bible does not justify your mindset in my mind. The way you have explained how you see yourself - the "sacrifice" you are claiming to be making when doing voluntary work - is unimpressive to me, regardless of what is written in the Bible.

rc

Moves
09 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF
I am not permitted to be disappointed by the way you use a religionist prism to frame an ordinary decent thing like voluntary service as personal "sacrifice" without being accused of being "unsavoury"?
how do you know its solely viewed as a personal sacrifice, have you even considered
that there could be other layers to it, have you FMF, have your really?

rc

Moves
09 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF
The fact that it is in the Bible does not justify your mindset in my mind. The way you have explained how you see yourself - the "sacrifice" you are claiming to be making when doing voluntary work - is unimpressive to me, regardless of what is written in the Bible.
my mindset FMF, mmm, yet you are unable to state what is the nature of the
correlation between sacrifice and evangelism which forms my mindset FMF, seemingly
content to view it as one dimensional

F

Moves
09 Dec 11

how do you know its solely viewed as a personal sacrifice, have you even considered
that there could be other layers to it, have you FMF, have your really?
I am responding to the claims you have made on this thread. I have never used the word "solely". This is a word that you are now using. I haven't used it.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Dec 11

in theory it would be true, in practice, unworkable unless you impose exercise on the
populace, then it would be a brilliant idea.
In theory? Rob, there are countless people nationwide who get off their arses and go to the gym or play sports or whatever they do to keep themselves fit and healthy thus reducing the burden on the NHS.

Exercise is not just beneficial to the indvidual, but to society at large.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.