Why do religious ones stick with delusions?

Why do religious ones stick with delusions?

Spirituality

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
09 Jun 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
I guess we dont want to have this to worry about .... 😀

2Thes 1:7 - 9 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruc ...[text shortened]... ry of his power ..

How do you sleep knowing that you might have to face the wrath of God?
I sleep mightily well, knowing it just isn't going to happen, because those words are about as believable as the front page of The Sun newspaper. 😏

Your quote from the super book entices that we all have troubles and need rest from them. I am fine thanks, and trouble free. In fact I am incredibly happy.

I have no fear of these ludicrous words of my being inflamed, as it is - ludicrous, verging on insanity.

I have no loss of sleep from strange quotes that tell me I will be burned to death in a hell, as the only hell is quotes from a strange book that people who are so fearful of themselves read; or have been indoctrinated with.

:z 😴 😴 I sleep in happiness. Nite Nite.

-m.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Jun 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I have a book here for you Rob, would you like to apply your powers of reason on this text?!

Now are you going to 'walk the walk' or are you just 'talking the talk'?
*******BUMPED FOR ROB*****

I have a book here for you Rob, would you like to apply your 'powers of reason' on this text?!

rc

Moves
09 Jun 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
*******BUMPED FOR ROB*****

I have a book here for you Rob, would you like to apply your 'powers of reason' on this text?!

you see my dear friend, how can i say it without hurting your feelings, please notice the text, , we are counselled to make our minds over and try to perceive what the will of God is, how materialistic publication like that will help me do this, i cannot say.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Jun 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you see my dear friend, how can i say it without hurting your feelings, please notice the text, , we are counselled to make our minds over and try to perceive what the will of God is, how materialistic publication like that will help me do this, i cannot say.
Here's a suggestion. Read the book and find out?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Jun 11
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Mark 1
5[b]And all the country of Judea was going out to him, and all the people of Jerusalem; and they were being baptized by him in the Jordan River, confessing their sins.
6John was clothed with camel’s hair and wore a leather belt around his waist, and his diet was locusts and wild honey. 7And he was preaching, and saying, “After me One is co ...[text shortened]... exactly how you derived that. How were these people from Judea supposed to understand that?[/b]
Johns baptism in Mark 1 and stating Christ will baptise with the holy spirit, has nothing to do with Christ commanding us to be baptised in Mark 16.

Whatever dilema you have from connecting the two is your problem

T

Moves
09 Jun 11

Johns baptism in Mark 1 and stating Christ will baptise with the holy spirit, has nothing to do with Christ commanding us to be baptised in Mark 16.

Whatever dilema you have from connecting the two is your problem
C'mon. You made the following statement:
"I already told you that John the Baptist was referring to Jesus giving the power of the holy spirit to the 70 disciples who he sent out to preach. "

As I showed in my post, what you've asserted here makes absolutely no sense in light of the passage in question. I asked you to try to explain how you derived your assertion to give you chance to defend it. Since you've chosen to avoid addressing it at all, I can only conclude that you realize how absurd it is.

That you've avoided this question and others comes as no real surprise. As I said earlier, "This wouldn't be the first time that I've seen a Christian afraid to place his beliefs under the light of truth." If your beliefs were built on a foundation of rock instead of sand, you'd gladly engage in an open and forthright discussion. That you refuse is quite telling.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Jun 11

C'mon. You made the following statement:
"I already told you that John the Baptist was referring to Jesus giving the power of the holy spirit to the 70 disciples who he sent out to preach. "

As I showed in my post, what you've asserted here makes absolutely no sense in light of the passage in question. I asked you to try to explain how you derived yo ...[text shortened]... gladly engage in an open and forthright discussion. That you refuse is quite telling.
You can twist it around all you like, the fact remains ...
Christ was very clear .. He said to be baptised.

T

Moves
09 Jun 11

You can twist it around all you like, the fact remains ...
Christ was very clear .. He said to be baptised.
Wow. I ask you direct questions that you evade or give nonsensical responses to and somehow I'm "[twist[ing] it around".

"The truth will make you free".

If only you had the guts to face it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Jun 11

Wow. I ask you direct questions that you evade or give nonsensical responses to and somehow I'm "[twist[ing] it around".

If only you had the guts to face it.
You first asked where did Christ say baptism in important and I quoted :

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Then you come up with some cock and bull story about that not being the words of Christ and that John said that Christ will baptise with the holy spirit.

Your responses are nonsensical and totally contradictory to what Christ said.

T

Moves
09 Jun 11
3 edits

You first asked where did Christ say baptism in important and I quoted :

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Then you come up with some cock and bull story about that not being the words of Christ and that John said that Christ will baptise with the holy spirit.

Your responses are nonsensical and totally contradictory to what Christ said.
Are there no fundamentalist Christians with any integrity whatsoever?

Then you come up with some cock and bull story about that not being the words of Christ...

This is a half-truth which makes it a lie. What I actually said was, "Of the three passages you cited about baptism, only the one from John was taught by Jesus when He walked the Earth."

Then you come up with some cock and bull story...that John said that Christ will baptise with the holy spirit.

John the Baptist DID say it:
Mark 1
7And he was preaching, and saying, “After me One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to stoop down and untie the thong of His sandals. 8“I baptized you with water; but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”

Since I've already pointed this out to you, your claim that it is "some cock and bull story" is also a lie.

So here you are telling lies to support your position and somehow I'm the one whose "responses are nonsensical".

You're really something.

What it will free you from are your delusions. Very appropriate given the title of this thread.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Jun 11

Are there no fundamentalist Christians with any integrity whatsoever?

[b]Then you come up with some cock and bull story about that not being the words of Christ...

This is a half-truth which makes it a lie. What I actually said was, "Of the three passages you cited about baptism, only the one from John was taught by Jesus when He walked the Ear ...[text shortened]... ll free you from are your delusions. Very appropriate given the title of this thread.[/b]
Are you still doubting that Christ said that baptism is important ?
Go get baptised and stop arguing.

Planet Rain

Moves
09 Jun 11

whether you think they cut it or not is neither here nor there, mere unsubstantiated opinion. You have uttered a gross inaccuracy and it has been proven to be false, you have FAILED to answer how a person could engage their powers of discernment and not have recourse to reason, after all, the very act of discerning involves the mind and reason, you h ...[text shortened]... r text stinketh! Opps i am not supposed to think, sorry for that, i was forgetting myself there.
I'm surprised you didn't trot out that biblical situation where a gang of thugs got to "know" that one dude's wife as an example of a quest for knowledge. Can you look that one up for me? I can't seem to find it.

rc

Moves
09 Jun 11
3 edits

Originally posted by Soothfast
I'm surprised you didn't trot out that biblical situation where a gang of thugs got to "know" that one dude's wife as an example of a quest for knowledge. Can you look that one up for me? I can't seem to find it.
quest for knowledge???, well considering your lack of anything remotely resembling knowledge in a spiritual or Biblical context perhaps you can enlighten us as to the consequences of their actions, for as yet, i cant seem to find anything that you have posted that one might describe as having content, in fact, it seems to me that you are not a little interested in debased sexual practices, after all, you seem to describe God himself as a genital, you are interested in gang rape, perhaps i can point you towards the homosexuals of Gomorrah, perhaps you might find that more to your taste? tell us again how one employs discernment without recourse to reason? haha, what a pure zoob of a noob!

T

Moves
09 Jun 11

Are you still doubting that Christ said that baptism is important ?
Go get baptised and stop arguing.
Sure, just once again ignore the points of the post.

Do you really think that if you don't acknowledge your evasions, nonsensical answers, lies, etc., then they don't exist?

Do you really believe you're all that different from RJHinds?

Planet Rain

Moves
09 Jun 11

quest for knowledge???, well considering your lack of anything remotely resembling knowledge in a spiritual or Biblical context perhaps you can enlighten us as to the consequences of their actions, for as yet, i cant seem to find anything that you have posted that one might describe as having content, in fact, it seems to me that you are not a little ...[text shortened]... again how one employs discernment without recourse to reason? haha, what a pure zoob of a noob!
Oh no, you're off base there.

I like sheep. Lots. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.