Why do religious ones stick with delusions?

Why do religious ones stick with delusions?

Spirituality

D

St. Peter's

Moves
07 Jun 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
Thanks.
You dont always agree with me ?? !! 😳
When you dont agree say something .. every opinion adds value to the discussion.
I have on occasion, but some issues are not worth a debate for me.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Jun 11

Originally posted by Doward
I have on occasion, but some issues are not worth a debate for me.
Whats your view of the opening post?

s

England

Moves
07 Jun 11
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
NOW you have me worried. Worried about your mind, so full of delusion. The biggest scam job in the last 3000 years.
so much anger in your tone of posts makes me sad to read your missguided view .sins there are no new sins now as then only updated to our life style murder is murder if you kill one or hundreds taking a life is a sin. theft is the same sexual practices are not new but more available so the teaching of god are revalent today as then. so how deluded are the ones who update for your understanding and what do you want to understand how revalent they are to living today

D

St. Peter's

Moves
07 Jun 11

Whats your view of the opening post?
I don't think most religions say opposite things, we tend to agree on the big things and bicker about the little ones, that doesn't make us delusional, just passionate.

There is one truth, one gospel, Jesus is Lord!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Jun 11

Originally posted by Doward
I don't think most religions say opposite things, we tend to agree on the big things and bicker about the little ones, that doesn't make us delusional, just passionate.

There is one truth, one gospel, Jesus is Lord!
You mean the little ones that resulted in the crusades, the inquisition and the like? Or the Muslims coming out of the gate firing weapons to force populations into Islam or they cut your head off? That sort of little itty bitty things?

Z

Moves
07 Jun 11

You mean the little ones that resulted in the crusades, the inquisition and the like? Or the Muslims coming out of the gate firing weapons to force populations into Islam or they cut your head off? That sort of little itty bitty things?
people would use anything to justify slaughter. you think all the wars in the world would end if religion disappeared? or do you believe it is relevant what simple minds do with it?

those that can handle religion can do so safely. those who can't would probably have been manipulated some other way.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
07 Jun 11

Have patience.
An easy cop out answer.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Jun 11

Originally posted by lausey
An easy cop out answer.
Not believing in the word of God is the true cop out here.

Worried that you may burn for all eternity? Refuse to believe in God, yeah, that's the ticket. After all, it's way easier than doing the hard work of accepting your salvation and refusing to sin.

T

Moves
07 Jun 11

What is it about religion that makes people give up their minds to dogma? Especially with so many religions saying totally opposite things. How can such a person look at all the other religions and say to themselves, my religion is the one true religion?
From what I can tell, they are enslaved by fear.

T

Moves
07 Jun 11
3 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
Not believing in the word of God is the true cop out here.

Worried that you may burn for all eternity? Refuse to believe in God, yeah, that's the ticket. After all, it's way easier than doing the hard work of accepting your salvation and refusing to sin.
From what I've seen, Christians are no more moral than the general public. From those I've asked, the vast majority, including Christians, do not see Christians as more moral than the general public either.

Evidently the "hard work" isn't bearing "good fruit".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Jun 11
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
From what I've seen, Christians are no more moral than the general public. From those I've asked, the vast majority, including Christians, do not see Christians as more moral than the general public either.

Evidently the "hard work" isn't bearing "good fruit".
The hard work does bear good fruit. When the hard work is actually done.

The problem here is that many CINO ( Christians in Name Only, which is what a huge number of people who call themselves Christian actually are ) are just as loathe as you to actually DO the hard work.

You must learn to differentiate between those who call themselves Christian (talking the talk), and those who ARE Christian (walking the walk).

D

St. Peter's

Moves
08 Jun 11

anyone who has studied history knows that religion was used as a political force to accomplish ends other than the doctrinal teachings. I reject your premis that faith is at the heart of those things.

T

Moves
08 Jun 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
The hard work does bear good fruit. When the hard work is actually done.

The problem here is that many CINO ( Christians in Name Only, which is what a huge number of people who call themselves Christian actually are ) are just as loathe as you to actually DO the hard work.

You must learn to differentiate between those who call themselves Christian (talking the talk), and those who ARE Christian (walking the walk).
From what I gather, the vast majority of Christians not only continue to sin, many of them do not seem to believe that "walking the walk" is necessary for salvation or even possible.

So where are they hiding? If there were a large number of non-CINOs, it would be evident.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Jun 11

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
From what I gather, the vast majority of Christians not only continue to sin, many of them do not seem to believe that "walking the walk" is necessary for salvation or even possible.

So where are they hiding? If there were a large number of non-CINOs, it would be evident.
I will agree with you in that it does seem to be the majority of Christians who are CINOs, but I don't believe the majority is as "vast" as you make it out to be. I think it's more of a slim majority, perhaps 51% to 49%. The place to look for Christians who "walk the walk" is in our senior population. Young people, Christian or not, seem to be much more likely to have their focus in the "things of this world", which Christ warned us about.

Planet Rain

Moves
08 Jun 11

What is it about religion that makes people give up their minds to dogma? Especially with so many religions saying totally opposite things. How can such a person look at all the other religions and say to themselves, my religion is the one true religion?
It will be noted for the record that nowhere in the Bible -- absolutely nowhere -- are applying reason and thinking for oneself ever held up as virtues. An odd omission for a god who gave us brains.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.