JW Question

JW Question

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
07 Dec 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
That's the 47th best chess player on this website for you. 🙄
LOL, That is his problem, he doesn't think. All his thinking is done by the Houdini
society!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
07 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
can this really be happening to me? am i in some sort of nightmarish forum setting
where time looms high on the wall, effusing from a melting clock, where jack in the
boxes pounce menacingly from the shadows and manikins laugh shrilly into the black
night? someone bring me back to reality!
Lol. That's the way I feel when I'm here in this mess talking to these guys....
They are in it just to argue over points we've discussed many times now and there are always the same group that are here to not learn, not to advance their knowledge in the Bible and have no desire to know God with simple things much less anything that has real substance to it. No reasoning ability at all.

Again Provs 1:22:

Proverbs 1:22
Amplified Bible (AMP)

22 How long, O simple ones open to evil, will you love being simple? And the scoffers delight in scoffing and self-confident fools hate knowledge?

ENGLAND

Moves
07 Dec 11
1 edit

Actually all that Gods law stipulated to the Israelites was that the animal was properly
bled, they were not to eat the blood but pour it out, now obviously a residue would
have been left. Yes its entirely up to the individual, that is what exercising ones
conscience means.
So let me get this straight robbie, and you really need to take a big step back here...

It is ok to eat a residue of rarely cooked blood, but NOT ok to save a life with a blood transfusion?

ENGLAND

Moves
07 Dec 11
2 edits

were awesome, you warmongers suck, everyone knows it!
OK RJ is fairly mental, but you are the one in an organisation that allows freedom of conscience to eat a residue of blood but denies tranfusions to save lives. At least war serves some kind of purpose - your crazy organisation just randomly selects a certain OT law and creates heartbreak through death out of it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
07 Dec 11

Originally posted by divegeester
So let me get this straight robbie, and you really need to take a big step back here...

It is ok to eat a residue of rarely cooked blood, but NOT ok to save a life with a blood transfusion?
OMG..are you not listening at all???????????????????????

Where is even a spoonfull of common sense here with you guys?

Do you not read your own Bibles to see God's laws on how to prepare meet that will be eaten? It's all there in black and white but yet all of you seem lost with using your brain and doing a little research on your own.
Yes we are not under the old Mosaic laws but many principles still apply that we are to use good and sound common sense on.
Do not eat strangled meet because it not has been properly bled. Why? Because the original amount of blood is still in the animal. Once you properly let it bleed out then you've done all you can do and God accepts that. If he didn't then he would have told us to NOT eat meat. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does this not compute at all?

And the original law about abstaining from blood was not a law that was done away with ever. It was a direct command from God and it was confirmed in the New Testiment

Acts 15:28, 29: “The holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled [or, killed without draining their blood] and from fornication. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” (There the eating of blood is equated with idolatry and fornication, things that we should not want to engage in.)

ENGLAND

Moves
07 Dec 11

Originally posted by galveston75

Do you not read your own Bibles to see God's laws on how to prepare meet that will be eaten? It's all there in black and white but yet all of you seem lost with using your brain and doing a little research on your own.
Yes we a ...[text shortened]... lood is equated with idolatry and fornication, things that we should not want to engage in.)
So you gonna answer the question in my post to robbie?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Dec 11

Yes we a ...[text shortened]... lood is equated with idolatry and fornication, things that we should not want to engage in.)
Any person or church or religion that makes a major issue of what you eat, does not understand the teachings of Christ.

Christ said :

Mark 7:15-19 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man. If any man have ears to hear, let him hear. And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable. And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him; Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught ...

Paul said:

1 Cor 8:8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

1 Cor 10:25-28 Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake: For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof. If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake. But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:

Eat anything and everything, dont ask questions.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Dec 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
Any person or church or religion that makes a major issue of what you eat, does not understand the teachings of Christ.

Christ said :

Mark 7:15-19 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man. If any man have ears to hear, let him hear. And wh ...[text shortened]... s the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:

Yes, it's quite obvious that in Acts 15.29 the concern is that Christians may indirectly be participating in pagan rites by consuming blood or strangled meats, which would have been used in certain ceremonies. This is why blood and strangled meat are juxtaposed with idols. The New Testament is quite clear that there is nothing intrinsically immoral about any food, as you have well demonstrated. Acts 15.29 therefore is not proscribing food but admonishing disciples about the danger of complicity with pagan religion.

I could be wrong but I think Paul explicitly addresses the issue of consuming meat that had been previously sacrified to a pagan deity. If anyone could elucidate on this, please share.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
07 Dec 11

Originally posted by Rajk999

Christ said :

Mark 7:15-19 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man. If any man have ears to hear, let him hear. And wh ...[text shortened]... s the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:

So you would eat meat that has not been drained of blood?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Dec 11

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

ENGLAND

Moves
07 Dec 11

So you are not going to answer the question - as usual.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Dec 11

Galvo obviously thinks that he is a master of Socratic interrogation and that by asking seemingly innocent questions he will trap his opponent into some kind of error.

ENGLAND

Moves
07 Dec 11

Eating meet containing blood, whilst approving of the denying blood transfusions which allow people die, because of a JW extreme interpretation of an Old Covenant Hebrew law, is tough cognitive position to hold - so give him a break.

Moves
07 Dec 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Eating meet containing blood, whilst approving of the denying blood transfusions which allow people die, because of a JW extreme interpretation of an Old Covenant Hebrew law, is tough cognitive position to hold - so give him a break.
Why?

Why should someone be 'given a break' for holding ridiculous and dangerous beliefs simply because they are religious beliefs?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Conrau K
Yes, it's quite obvious that in Acts 15.29 the concern is that Christians may indirectly be participating in pagan rites by consuming blood or strangled meats, which would have been used in certain ceremonies. This is why blood and strangled meat are juxtaposed with idols. The New Testament is quite clear that there is nothing intrinsically immoral about an ...[text shortened]... ad been previously sacrified to a pagan deity. If anyone could elucidate on this, please share.
Correct .. and there is a bit more to that story in Acts. The story was about certain Jews who insisted on circumcision as essential for salvation. Paul and the other Apostles went through great pains to explain that nothing in the law of Moses, circumcision or otherwise, was required for salvation. Accepting Christ and being baptised into him makes us adopted Jews and heirs to the promise of salvation.

In fact focusing on the law of Moses is an insult to Christ. I wonder if the JWs realise that.

There is also proof that what the Apostles said in this period when they were being opposed by the Jews, cannot all be taken at face value. Remember too that Titus was circumcised in order to please certain Jewish factions even though it was not required. Check this passage and Paul's way in dealing with various groups ..

1 Cor 9:19-23 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

Paul modifies his behaviour and his words in order to please those around him so that he can win them over. This can explain the apparent contradiction, where in one passage he says not to eat things offered to idols [Acts 15], while he was among the Jews, and then when with Greeks , a total turnaround that meat offered to idols is nothing [1 Cor 8].