JW Question

JW Question

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Dec 11

Originally posted by galveston75
You know I'm trying to make a point about the scripture in Acts. Please answer the question about fonication...
The context of the scripture you are referring to is idol worship, so all the
rituals associated with idol worship, including fornication, is to be avoided
according to the advise of James. Question answered.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
06 Dec 11

Whatever dude....
Your a disrespectful prick!!

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
06 Dec 11
1 edit

Where did he mention blood in those verses?
Let No man regard what you eat and drink but you pick and choose what scriptures back what your Cult deems you to believe. SO whatever dude. Your lack of respect is why even if you were right which your not you disrespect your JW God and people around you with your snide @$$ remarks .

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Dec 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
The context of the scripture you are referring to is idol worship, so all the
rituals associated with idol worship, including fornication, is to be avoided
according to the advise of James. Question answered.
So if one is to obey this command about fornication as in not doing it, obey the command about not eating of things strangled, obey the command to not have any thing to do with food or other items that was used in idol worship, then for what possible reason do you think when it says to abstain from blood it now means something different? Can you do fornication a little, or eat from a strangled animal a little, or eat food that was used in idol worship a little and think your ok with God?
With ALL 4 of the commands it says do not do, or touch or use or eat.
Am I wrong?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Dec 11

Originally posted by menace71
Let No man regard what you eat and drink but you pick and choose what scriptures back what your Cult deems you to believe. SO whatever dude. Your lack of respect is why even if you were right which your not you disrespect your JW God and people around you with your snide @$$ remarks .

Manny
Well I'm not and I'm sorry you feel that way. And I hope yoiu can find some peace with your thoughts as it seems you have lost it.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
06 Dec 11

Correct and the blood is related to what is sacrificed to idols. It certainly
doesn't mean to abstain from taking Christ's blood as I quoted.
This is how educated people read. (we know this) You look at context and can logically infer what is being read.
J-Dubs frown on education however.

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Dec 11

So if one is to obey this command about fornication as in not doing it, obey the command about not eating of things strangled, obey the command to not have any thing to do with food or other items that was used in idol worship, then for what possible reason do you think when it says to abstain from blood it now means something different? Can you do forni ...[text shortened]... with God?
With ALL 4 of the commands it says do not do, or touch or use or eat.
Am I wrong?
Now, if you will just leave it there and not try to exaggerate it, we will be in
agreement. Just forget about the blood transfusion for it is not prohibited
by James or anyone else except for the Watchtower Society.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
06 Dec 11

Well I'm not and I'm sorry you feel that way. And I hope yoiu can find some peace with your thoughts as it seems you have lost it.
No I'm fine but your rude

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Dec 11

No I'm fine but your rude

Manny
Well I'm just responding to how you write. Sorry for answering you that way but it seems your getting over the top with the insults and I know or hope your better then that.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Dec 11

Manny
Again this is speaking of food and drink. Blood has never been food or drink with God's people. Apply the scripture in the way it is to be applied.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Dec 11

Now, if you will just leave it there and not try to exaggerate it, we will be in
agreement. Just forget about the blood transfusion for it is not prohibited
by James or anyone else except for the Watchtower Society.
Oh so now James knew about blood transfusions? I can't seem to find that scripture where he says it's not prohibited.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Dec 11
1 edit

Oh so now James knew about blood transfusions? I can't seem to find that scripture where he says it's not prohibited.
As I said before blood transfusions are not mentioned in the Holy Bible
so how are they prohibited if not even mentioned. How could James
prohibit something he probably knew nothing about. I am almost
certain the Pagan rituals would not include blood transfusions. It most
likely refers to the practice of drinking the blood of the animals that
where sacrificed to the idols.

P.S. But Jesus commanded His disciples to drink His blood instead of
the blood sacrificed to idols.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Dec 11

As I said before blood transfusions are not mentioned in the Holy Bible
so how are they prohibited if not even mentioned. How could James
prohibit something he probably knew nothing about. I am almost
certain the Pagan rituals would not include blood transfusions. It most
likely refers to the practice of drinking the blood of the animals that
where s ...[text shortened]... But Jesus commanded His disciples to drink His blood instead of
the blood sacrificed to idols.
Well we are told not to kill and they didn't have guns back when it said "those who kill by the sword will die by the sword". So with your logic since it didn't say "gun' then it's ok to kill.
So since blood transfusion was not mentioned then that's a go huh?
I really mean no disrespect but your comments and reasoning are like 12 year old at times.

Having to abstain from alcohol would mean what exactly to an alcoholic? DO NOT PUT IT IN YOUR BODY....

Abstaining from milk products would mean what to someone who was alergic to lactos? DO NOT PUT IT IN YOUR BODY....

Being told by your doctor that your allergic to penicillin would mean what to you? DON'T PUT IT IN YOUR BODY...

Being told by the God of the bible to abstain from blood would mean what? DO NOT PUT IT IN YOUR BODY....

Anything here look logical?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Dec 11

Well we are told not to kill and they didn't have guns back when it said "those who kill by the sword will die by the sword". So with your logic since it didn't say "gun' then it's ok to kill.
So since blood transfusion was not mentioned then that's a go huh?
I really mean no disrespect but your comments and reasoning are like 12 year old at times.
...[text shortened]... m blood would mean what? DO NOT PUT IT IN YOUR BODY....

Anything here look logical?
I see you have distorted logic so believe as you wish and I will believe as I
wish. We will have to just disagree. I will leave you to worship the
Watchtower.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Dec 11

Thanks and your right on your points.

Now going with that explination of abstain which would cover the many levels of fornication that we both mentioned which are many, how would the word absatin be viewed with strangled animals?
It would mean to not eat strangled animals. I have already said as much. You needn't be condescending here. Just put your argument forward now and save your time.