JW Question

JW Question

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Dec 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Soooooo exactly what are you saying?
So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of
the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. He who
eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on
the last day. For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. He who
eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.
(John 6:53-56 NASB)

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Dec 11
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of
the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. He who
eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on
the last day. For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. He who
eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.
(John 6:53-56 NASB)
Soooo what does this have to do with blood transfusions?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Dec 11

Soooo what does this have to do with blood transfusions?
There is nothing in the Holy Bible that has anything to do with blood
transfusions. How many times must I say it. The Watchtower Society
are false teachers and do not represent Christ. Get it?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Dec 11

Did we ever say the Bible mentions blood transfusions? Of course it doesn't but it planely tells all to abstain from blood. No exceptions are given unless you know something we don't.
Do you not get the sanctity of blood in God's view at all?

rc

Moves
05 Dec 11
1 edit

there is nothing in the Holy Bible that states that you can bomb Japanese cities with
Atomic bombs either, but you seem strangely happy with that, you charlatan. Do you
understand the difference between a principle and a command, i doubt it, for if you
did, you would not be uttering such bilge! Get it?

rc

Moves
05 Dec 11

Did we ever say the Bible mentions blood transfusions? Of course it doesn't but it planely tells all to abstain from blood. No exceptions are given unless you know something we don't.
dude look to the left and right, is there a wall? you would be better of trying to reason
with it!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Dec 11

More info on GOD"S view of blood....

With God is the source of life. (Ps 36:9) Man cannot give back a life that he takes. “All the souls—to me they belong,” says Jehovah. (Eze 18:4) Therefore, to take life is to take Jehovah’s property. Every living thing has a purpose and a place in God’s creation. No man has the right to take life except when God permits and in the way that he instructs.
After the Flood, Noah and his sons, the progenitors of all persons alive today, were commanded to show respect for the life, the blood, of fellowmen. (Ge 9:1, 5, 6) Also, God kindly allowed them to add animal flesh to their diet. However, they had to acknowledge that the life of any animal killed for food belonged to God, doing so by pouring its blood out as water on the ground. This was like giving it back to God, not using it for one’s own purposes.—De 12:15, 16.
Man was entitled to enjoy the life that God granted him, and anyone who deprived him of that life would be answerable to God. This was shown when God said to the murderer Cain: “Your brother’s blood is crying out to me from the ground.” (Ge 4:10) Even a person hating his brother, and so wishing him dead, or slandering him or bearing false witness against him, and so endangering his life, would bring guilt upon himself in connection with the blood of his fellowman.—Le 19:16; De 19:18-21; 1Jo 3:15.
Because of God’s view of the value of life, the blood of a murdered person is said to defile the earth, and such defilement can be cleansed only by shedding the blood of the murderer. On this basis the Bible authorizes capital punishment for murder, through duly constituted authority. (Nu 35:33; Ge 9:5, 6) In ancient Israel no ransom could be taken to deliver the deliberate murderer from the death penalty.—Nu 35:19-21, 31.

Notice no mention here of the lungs, the heart, a kidney, etc but of blood. The soul of any man or animal is in it's blood and God demands that back when death happens. We have no authority to do anything else with blood..........

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Dec 11

No one here is arguing for 'exceptions' to this rule. This statement just demonstrated your complete disengagement from the argument. The point is that the word 'abstain' is applicable only to foods or sex. As I said, we do not abstain from breathing. We can refrain from breathing but the word 'abstain' would be inappropriate in that context. So you have to demonstrate that in the classical Greek, 'abstain' means 'to refrain from use in every way' rather than 'to refrain fronm eating' (as you yourself said, this is what it specifically means when referring to strangled meat.)

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
dude look to the left and right, is there a wall? you would be better of trying to reason
with it!
But the problem is they don't know or respect what blood mans to God. It's not just a commodity that we can buy or sale when needed. We hate death as much as the next person and never want anyone to die but we just don't have that authority to take someones blood and put that into another human....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Dec 11

Originally posted by Conrau K
No one here is arguing for 'exceptions' to this rule. This statement just demonstrated your complete disengagement from the argument. The point is that the word 'abstain' is applicable only to foods or sex. As I said, we do not abstain from breathing. We can refrain from breathing but the word 'abstain' would be inappropriate in that context. So you have to ...[text shortened]... yourself said, this is what it specifically means when referring to strangled meat.)
Lol.. it only becimes vague in meaning because you want it too.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Dec 11

The word abstain is ((((((( before )))))) the 4 things the scripture in Acts is saying. So all 4 of these things would include BLOOD just as is fornication, strangled foods and things sacrificed to idols.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Dec 11

I just quoted one to you. Didn't you read it? Or perhaps you are too
stupid to understand it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Dec 11

Lol.. it only becimes vague in meaning because you want it too.
I believe the language is quite clear. Again you distort what the argument actually is.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Dec 11

The word abstain is ((((((( before )))))) the 4 things the scripture in Acts is saying. So all 4 of these things would include BLOOD just as is fornication, strangled foods and things sacrificed to idols.
Yes. Is there a relevant point in this?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Dec 11

Originally posted by Conrau K
No one here is arguing for 'exceptions' to this rule. This statement just demonstrated your complete disengagement from the argument. The point is that the word 'abstain' is applicable only to foods or sex. As I said, we do not abstain from breathing. We can refrain from breathing but the word 'abstain' would be inappropriate in that context. So you have to ...[text shortened]... yourself said, this is what it specifically means when referring to strangled meat.)
Correct and the blood is related to what is sacrificed to idols. It certainly
doesn't mean to abstain from taking Christ's blood as I quoted.