Peace In the General Forum

Peace In the General Forum

General

F

Moves
12 Aug 22

@relentless-red said
Just hold it in mind before you bang on about your beliefs regarding a speck of dirt in Ghost's eye.
Ah, so THIS is what all this is really about.

F

Moves
12 Aug 22

@the-gravedigger said
Your being very sporting.
Some would have called it a low blow.
It would seem he is trying desperately to teach me a lesson..

SRB

Moves
12 Aug 22

@fmf said
Ah, so THIS is what all this is really about.
Of course. I decided that I should no longer keep my counsel after reading pages of you taking the moral high ground with Ghost. So I decided to list a few facts for people to read about the way a real email address was misused, causing real inconvenience to a real community group.

F

Moves
12 Aug 22

@relentless-red said
Of course. I decided that I should no longer keep my counsel after reading pages of you taking the moral high ground with Ghost. So I decided to list a few facts for people to read about the way a real email address was misused, causing real inconvenience to a real community group.
I had nothing to do with what you claim happened to your community group despite your accusations.

Because you now seem to be admitting that you have only made these insinuations to teach me a lesson', you certainly are not occupying any moral high ground in this matter.

If you think Ghost of a Duke's letter to the radio station was not vindictive and instead places him on the moral high ground relative to me, then so be it.

To me, as I said before, you are in disarray.

F

Moves
12 Aug 22

@relentless-red said
What connection do you see between the difference of opinion that Ghost of a Duke and I have on one hand, and how you say "a real email address was misused, causing real inconvenience to a real community group"?

How are these two things related?

SRB

Moves
12 Aug 22

@fmf said
What connection do you see between the difference of opinion that Ghost of a Duke and I have on one hand, and how you say "a real email address was misused, causing real inconvenience to a real community group"?

How are these two things related?
Happy for the reader to decide. I don't feel any need to force my opinion down anybody's throat.

F

Moves
12 Aug 22

@relentless-red said
Just hold it in mind before you bang on about your beliefs regarding a speck of dirt in Ghost's eye.
a speck of dirt in Ghost's eye

If you think very highly of Ghost of a Duke, then that's fine; I get it. I once thought very highly of him too.

F

Moves
12 Aug 22

@relentless-red said
Happy for the reader to decide. I don't feel any need to force my opinion down anybody's throat.
But I am asking you. How do you think those two thingsare related? Nobody is going to feel you are forcing something down their throat. Ghost of a Duke and me, our difference of opinion, and the real email address that you claim was misused: how are you connecting them in your mind?

SRB

Moves
12 Aug 22

@fmf said
But I am asking you. How do you think those two thingsare related? Nobody is going to feel you are forcing something down their throat. Ghost of a Duke and me, our difference of opinion, and the real email address that you claim was misused: how are you connecting them in your mind?
I'll keep my counsel regarding my opinion. I'm far more interested in what other readers make of it all. I'll stick to simply naming the sequence of events.

F

Moves
12 Aug 22

@relentless-red said
I'll keep my counsel regarding my opinion. I'm far more interested in what other readers make of it all. I'll stick to simply naming the sequence of events.
What reaction have you had from "other readers"?

You cited divegeester and Beowulf, but they gave you short shrift. Who else?

You suggested that you'd seen "many" people who thought you had proven your case against me. Who are they?

You said there were "many" of them.

Are you STILL counting divegeester and Beowulf among them?

F

Moves
12 Aug 22

@Relentless-Red
Do you think you are occupying the moral high ground with all this?

SRB

Moves
12 Aug 22

@fmf said
@Relentless-Red
Do you think you are occupying the moral high ground with all this?
Just listing facts.

BTW I did say fair point that I wrongly referred to Dive and Beowulf as 'many', so keep wheeling that out and it will start to look like all you have got.

F

Moves
12 Aug 22
1 edit

@relentless-red said
I did say fair point that I wrongly referred to Dive and Beowulf as 'many', so keep wheeling that out and it will start to look like all you have got.
So who else is there? You cannot possibly have been referring to just two people when you used the word "many".

edit: actually it was "so many".

F

Moves
12 Aug 22
1 edit

@relentless-red said
Just listing facts.
Well, here's a fact. I had nothing to do with what you claim happened to your community group.

Now that Beowulf and divegeester have made it clear they don't think it was me, you are the only person seeking to make the connection.

I'll ask again: do you think you are occupying the moral high ground with all this?

SRB

Moves
12 Aug 22

@fmf said
Well, here's a fact. I had nothing to do with what you claim happened to your community group.

Now that Beowulf and divegeester have made it clear they don't think it was me, you are the only person seeking to make the connection.

I'll ask again: do you think you are occupying the moral high ground with all this?
I repeat for the final time, I've just listed the facts about a sequence of events. It is entirely up to the reader what they conclude. I am not expecting any opinions to be expressed. I imagine most people want to keep out of it.

I'm not looking for any moral high ground. I'm naming some events in a forum on a chess site.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.