There is no “eternal son”

There is no “eternal son”

Spirituality

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
21 Apr 22

Reposting for consistency and clarity

Let’s take it from the top, the headline facts.
- Hear oh Israel the Lord your God is ONE. This is the cry of the prophets throughout the OT. God is spirit and there is ONE spirit.

Unless you can hold that fact steady in your mind you will not be able understand what I believe on this. I’m not asking you to accept it, I just want you to understand it.

Ok we established that God is ONE spirit, not three. Are you still with me? I’m not meaning to be patronising but unless you accept this truth you will always be dragged back to God being three. He is ONE spirit. The bible says so hundreds of times.

So in this scenario who is Jesus?
Well he is man and he is God, do we agree on that?
His flesh was created in Mary’s womb, do we agree on that?
So his God part is who?

Now go back to the point above, where we agreed that God is ONE spirit, and hold onto that truth.

Therefore the same ONE spirit that is Jehovah is the same ONE spirit that is in Jesus.

That is what I believe.
It is the only scenario which permits god to remain ONE and yet be the mystery of god in the flesh of Jesus

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Apr 22
4 edits

@divegeester

There is no “eternal son” in the bible.
There is no “trinity” in the bible.

There's no "temporary Son" in the bible.
There is no " Modalism" in the bible.

Neither in writing nor in teaching is their either.

You brag about your so called laser points but put on the darkest, thickest possible sunglasses against the light of the Sripture. Silence may be golden but this ignoring the words of the Bible is not good.

Ie Daniel 7:13,14 and the "Son of Man" with an "eternal dominion."

You whistle loud and plug up your ears and imagine nothing has been told you.
Tell us all about a temporary Son of Man with an eternal dominion
with your Modalism.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Apr 22

@divegeester said
Whoever it was who said that, will I’m sure, be thrilled to know that you “agree” with them.
When the Father refers to the Son, and when the Son refers to the Father as a different individual, you, by your definition, are declaring they are one individual talking to himself with no one there but the one only. Do you deny that?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Apr 22
1 edit

@KellyJay

He says CHrist is the mystery of God I do believe. Which is true.
It is one God. Which is also true.

And the one God is three ____________s.
Human language falls short to have an adaquate word.
I think limitation of human language and human knowledge make it difficult to
utter what the three _________ are.
The Bible says Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

So I use barrowedly "persons".
Three persons who are distinct yet mysteriously are not seperate.

He quotes the God of Israel is one.
But the God of Israel is Elohim in Genesis.
And whether we like it or not, that is plural.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Apr 22
1 edit

@divegeester

- Hear oh Israel the Lord your God is ONE. This is the cry of the prophets throughout the OT. God is spirit and there is ONE spirit.

Is Elohim in Genesis chapter one the God of Israel too?

That is the God who said "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness . . . " (Gen. 1:26)

Was that the God of Israel speaking?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
21 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
When the Father refers to the Son, and when the Son refers to the Father as a different individual, you, by your definition, are declaring they are one individual talking to himself with no one there but the one only. Do you deny that?
I’ve explained my insights to you already, if you lack either the discernment to understand or the integrity to admit that you do, then so be it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Apr 22
3 edits

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Apr 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
I’ve explained my insights to you already, if you lack either the discernment to understand or the integrity to admit that you do, then so be it.
Actually it is because your explanation is worse than your doctrine! Jesus the Son, He had a relationship with the Father before becoming a man! Their relationship is an eternal one, nothing was made except through the Son.

You have tried to deminsh that by saying that they are simply a singular person, destroying many of the scriptures concerning their relationship which God wants us to be a part of! The only begotten was Fathering Jesus through Mary. Adam was made from the earth and then God breathed life into him.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
21 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
Actually it is because your explanation is worse than your doctrine! Jesus the Son, He had a relationship with the Father before becoming a man! Their relationship is an eternal one, nothing was made except through the Son.

You have tried to deminsh that by saying that they are simply a singular person, destroying many of the scriptures concerning their relationship which ...[text shortened]... was Fathering Jesus through Mary. Adam was made from the earth and then God breathed life into him.
As I said, if you don’t don’t get it, never mind then.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Apr 22

@divegeester said
Reposting for consistency and clarity

Let’s take it from the top, the headline facts.

Unless you can hold that fact steady in your mind you will not be able understand what I believe on this. I’m not asking you to accept it, I just ...[text shortened]... he only scenario which permits god to remain ONE and yet be the mystery of god in the flesh of Jesus
You should study the verses you use to know what your quoting, you might learn something new.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
22 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
You should study the verses you use to know what your quoting, you might learn something new.
It’s ok, never mind.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Apr 22
2 edits

Concerning Jesus Christ the Son of God God says -

"You are a Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek." (Hebrews 7:17 comp. Psalm 110:4)

Does any Christian believe Jesus will one day no longer be the Son of God yet continue to be a priest forever?

Again in Hebrees 7:21 - "(For they [old testament priests] are appointed priests without the taking of an oath, but He [Jesus] with the taking of an oath by Him [God] who said to Him, The Lord has sworn and will not regret it, You are a priest forever."

Does any Christian believe that Jesus as the Son of God will be no longer while Jesus as Priest forever will remain?

The Bible says the Son was perfected forever -

" . . . He did once for all when He offered up Himself, For the law establishes men as high priests who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which was after the law, establishes the Son, perfected forever." (Heb. 7:27b,28)

Divegeester seems to think the Son of God will not continue forever though "the Son, perfected forever" and is "a priest forever."

The Son of God became a man, and the man was perfected forever and is a priest forever. It makes no sense that the Son of God as an office will cease to exist yet the resurrected and glorified man Jesus Christ will be eternally a priest.

God says He will not regret establishing Him as an eternal priest.
"The Lord has sworn and will not regret it, You are a Priest forever" (Heb. 7:21b)

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
27 Apr 22
1 edit

Before Jesus was born in the flesh, before his flesh was conceived and grew in Mary’s womb, there was ONE spirit in heaven and on earth, the spirit of Jehovah.

After Jesus was was born lived and ascended there was still ONE spirit in heaven. A 2nd spirt had not been created.

The human flesh of Jesus did not exist prior to his birth. Before his birth there was only ONE spirit. After his ascension there was STILL ONE spirit.

God does not change. God is ONE. Therefore the spirit of Jehovah and the spirt of Jesus are ONE.

Therefore all these scriptures are referring to the same ONE person.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
27 Apr 22

See my posts on page 3 for further expansion.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Apr 22

@divegeester said
I've read your explanations, and I'm asking for clarification on points your explanation are weak. If the 'so be it is all it takes to avoid having to clarify anything, will you accept that when you ask a question?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.