The Pharisee and the Tax Collector

The Pharisee and the Tax Collector

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
Putting words in my mouth now, stick with what is said.
What are you on about? These are things you have said you believe.

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
No, the love of God and Jesus sacrifice salvation is given. It is God’s gift nothing to do with me.
Don't deflect by regurgitating a bit of tangential dogma. If you believe there is no difference between a follower of Jesus and a follower of "Satan", out with it, just say it. If there is no difference between them why does only one of them deserve to be tortured for eternity?

Moves
10 Oct 18

@fmf said
Don't deflect by regurgitating a bit of tangential dogma. If you believe there is no difference between a follower of Jesus and a follower of "Satan", out with it, just say it. If there is no difference between them why does only one of them deserve to be tortured for eternity?
There is no difference in the sense that both are invited to partake of God's mercy. The difference is that one of them is too proud to humble themselves and admit their guilt.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Oct 18
4 edits

Concerning Luke 18:13:

It appears that the repentant tax collector has true conviction in his conscience from God. A circle was drawn around his conscience alone, and he only considers himself in comparison to God's righteous commands, what he ought to be.

The proud, so knowledgeable Pharisee compares himself to other men and thinks "I am not as bad as those guys. I am therefore pretty good."

F

Moves
10 Oct 18
1 edit

@dj2becker said
There is no difference in the sense that both are invited to partake of God's mercy. The difference is that one of them is too proud to humble themselves and admit their guilt.
However, there is the difference in the sense that I am talking about. I don't give two hoots about some other sense that you may have.

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@sonship said
The proud, so knowledgeable Pharisee compares himself to other men and thinks "I am not as bad as those guys. I am therefore pretty good."
When you claimed recently that non-believers beliefs were faeces and that when they are expressing those ideas they are like unclean dogs spreading germs, were you not suggesting that you were better compared to them?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Oct 18

@fmf said
What are you on about? These are things you have said you believe.
Quote me than, I most certainly did not say that here!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Oct 18
1 edit

@fmf said
Stick with what I do say, suggesting I have said something is simply putting words in my mouth. I am not going to defend myself on things I have not said that you think I mean.

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
Quote me than, I most certainly did not say that here!
I am not going looking for it. It was around the times you were falsely accusing me of mocking you about a dead child in retaliation for embarassing yourself by defending the right of Jehovah's Witnesses to let their children die for want of medical treatment. Indeed, you've accused me of being a follower of "Satan" several times. So has sonship. So has SecondSon. So has galveston75. So has Eladar. So have several other Christians here over the years. Followers of Jesus all of you. Is a follower of Jesus really "no different" from a follower of "Satan"?

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
Stick with what I do say, suggesting I have said something is simply putting words in my mouth. I am not going to defend myself on things I have not said that you think I mean.
If you don't believe a follower of "Satan" deserves to be tortured for eternity by your God, then just say so.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Oct 18

@fmf said
I am not going looking for it. It was around the times you were falsely accusing me of mocking you about a dead child in retaliation for embarassing yourself by defending the right of Jehovah's Witnesses to let their children die for want of medical treatment. Indeed, you've accused me of being a follower of "Satan" several times. So has sonship. So has SecondSon. So has galvesto ...[text shortened]... lowers of Jesus all of you. Is a follower of Jesus really "no different" from a follower of "Satan"?
So when talking to you I not only have to defend what I say, but things not said by me only implied by you? In addition if you think/claim I said and implied something in the past that to is fair game for you?

If you show me I actually said something I will defend or apologize if needed, otherwise I will defend just what I say here. If you want to rehash several years of discussion, create another OP.

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
So when talking to you I not only have to defend what I say, but things not said by me only implied by you? In addition if you think/claim I said and implied something in the past that to is fair game for you?

If you show me I actually said something I will defend or apologize if needed, otherwise I will defend just what I say here. If you want to rehash several years of discussion, create another OP.
I am not asking you to apologize. I am asking you if there is no difference between followers of "Satan" and followers of Jesus?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Oct 18

@fmf said
I am not asking you to apologize. I am asking you if there is no difference between followers of "Satan" and followers of Jesus?
Followers as in someone who has dedicated themselves to Jesus, and those who have dedicated to Satan yes there is a difference. With respect to can Jesus and Satan both/either influence everyone? Yes everyone can be influenced by both of them or either of them regardless of who they have or have dedicated themselves to.

Jesus is the King of Kings, Satan is the god of this world who has deceived the world.

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
Followers as in someone who has dedicated themselves to Jesus, and those who have dedicated to Satan yes there is a difference.
Well then. You believe that people who don't have the same belief in Jesus as you do deserve to be tortured for eternity, right?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Oct 18

@fmf said
Well then. You believe that people who don't have the same belief in Jesus as you do deserve to be tortured for eternity, right?
I believe by God’s standards those practice evil and wickedness will be judged and condemned, unless they have turned their lives over to God in Jesus Christ serving Him. You forgot what you claimed you once believed, or did you believe something different? Those condemned will be for as long as God’s eternal Kingdom stands.

This is pride and humility for you?