Spirituality

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
10 Jul 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
As expected from you, a rational reply.

And yes, i have asked him for clarity on his statement:

"I am not confused to realize when someone is pretending to act as someone of the opposite sex physiologically and psychologically. And that is what same sex marriage is, a form of pretending - a fantasy."
His focus seems to be on the idea of gay marriage as being a fantasy rather than on the gay lifestyle itself. I've already given my own opinion on the marriage aspect, and have decided to not get mired down in the cause part of that particular argument.

The causes involve both nature and nurture, and is far too complex an issue to be nailed down as being predominately one or the other. However, I happen to be aware of the family structure of some gays I've met and talked to, and couldn't help but notice some striking similarities that differ significantly from family structures where homosexuality is rare to non-existent. I believe pinning homosexuality on genetics is mostly self serving and junk science at best, because there are too many common family and social factors at work to ignore environmental pressures as being a cause.

But this is a very hot potato political/social issue, and I feel an unusually strong aversion (phobia?) to boobs who are not at all shy about shoveling the truth under the porch in favor of whatever political/social convenience they hold dear to their hearts.

So no one need bother to inquire further on this, because this all I have to say about it.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
10 Jul 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Have you managed to decide whether you believe there will be people suffering eternal torture after death?
I have decided that you are well on your way to finding out for yourself... and so it's just a matter of time. And I think the chances of you wising up before it's too late for changing your mind are very slim.

Moves
10 Jul 15

Originally posted by lemon lime

But this is a very hot potato political/social issue, and I feel an unusually strong aversion (phobia?) to boobs who are not at all shy about shoveling the truth under the porch in favor of whatever political/social convenience they hold dear to their hearts.
Yes, a hot potato indeed. i was though drawn into the debate by the (strange) notion of it being a choice or pretense. Is hard wired the same as genetics? I'm not sure.

Anyway, tell us more about this aversion you have to boobs...

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
10 Jul 15

Yes, a hot potato indeed. i was though drawn into the debate by the (strange) notion of it being a choice or pretense. Is hard wired the same as genetics? I'm not sure.

Anyway, tell us more about this aversion you have to boobs...
You're full of surprises. I didn't anticipate anyone asking about my aversion to boobs.

It's not a fear or a phobia. It's more like an aversion to having to endure some dreary drama queens blathering on about what he prefers doing along with whatever specious self serving reasoning he can drag up to support his position... and please, no wisecracks about what position he might happen to prefer, okay?

There are enough heterosexual drama queens here to keep anyone busy, so I'm definitely not interested in talking to any MORE of them.

Mutara Nebula

Moves
10 Jul 15
1 edit

I have decided that you are well on your way to finding out for yourself... and so it's just a matter of time. And I think the chances of you wising up before it's too late for changing your mind are very slim.
This is why you are an asshat.

You accuse me of "attacking Christianity", a trollist claim in itself, but I'll play along with you CIA man.

You will not say whether or not you believe in eternal suffering and yet attack me for attacking the teaching. I don't even think it's part of Christianity, which is why I attack it. You don't know the scriptures well enough to decide.

You're an asshat. Zero respect I'm afraid.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
10 Jul 15
1 edit

This is why you are an asshat.

You accuse me of "attacking Christianity", a trollist claim in itself, but I'll play along with you CIA man.

You will not say whether or not you believe in eternal suffering and yet attack me for attacking the teaching. I don't even think it's part of Christianity, which is why I attack it. You don't know the scriptures well enough to decide.

You're an asshat. Zero respect I'm afraid.
Hit a nerve did I?* [see explanatory note below]

* the above is a direct quote from you to Suzi taken from a few pages back in this thread

===================================================================================

I said I'm not interested in talking to drama queens right now, so what gives? Did you think it was meant as an open invitation for more of your insane inpoot**?

Believe it or not, my being called an asshat by a reactive fool who enjoys playing domination games doesn't have nearly the sort of impact you might have been hoping for... you make it easy for me to shrug this off, because all I need to do is consider the source.

** input

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Jul 15

As expected from you, a rational reply.

And yes, i have asked him for clarity on his statement:

"I am not confused to realize when someone is pretending to act as someone of the opposite sex physiologically and psychologically. And that is what same sex marriage is, a form of pretending - a fantasy."
Oh, yeah, I remember reading that and wondering where that came from too. He seems to think that, in a homosexual relationship, one person must be pretending to be the other gender (not that one is pretending to be gay) because after all, every relationship is one man/one woman, so if there are two men, then one MUST be pretending to be the "woman", and similarly, if there are two women, then one MUST be pretending to be the "man". This just shows a marked misunderstanding of the relationship dynamics in a homosexual relationship.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Jul 15
1 edit

Where else have you heard:

"the lost will be hung in chains of punishment as a witness to those on other worlds"

?
Ok, one slightly weird thing among... well, no others.

I don't see him creating thread after thread about it to satisfy his own ego, or lambasting and accosting everyone else, canvassing (or demanding a statement of) their belief on it, or him making it his raison d'etre.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Jul 15
1 edit

Perhaps an unfortunate choice of words, especially considering the topic? 🙂

I mean, exactly how deep IS your "phobia to boobs"?

(Disclaimer: I'm just joshing you, man, don't get upset. )

(Edit: Bah, scooped again. )

Moves
11 Jul 15

Originally posted by Suzianne

I suspect he intentionally lobbed that one up for us to smash.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
11 Jul 15

No, no, that's okay... I'm actually glad you asked, because it gives me the opportunity to clear up any possible misunderstanding about my use of the word 'boob'.

It wasn't until Ghost brought this up that I realized how some people might have thought I was referring to the more common definition of 'boob'. Seeing as how this is now out in the open and the question has been asked (regarding my opinion of mammary glands) I firmly feel with strong feelings that this question is most probably deserving of an honest answer.

I can assure you that I have absolutely no aversion to those things, those boob things. You know, boobies. Aw crap... I mean breasts!

However, I must admit that I'm not nearly as attracted to the baby food dispensary portion of the female form as some men appear to be. In fact, it seems kind of weird to me that some men might find that feature even more attractive than...

But I've probably said enough about this. Anyway, thanks for bringing this to my attention, and for giving me the opportunity to clear up any misconception in regard to my own personal preferences....

Yeowza!

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
11 Jul 15

I suspect he intentionally lobbed that one up for us to smash.
Naw, you're giving me too much credit for setting this up.

However, this in no way means I'm at all adverse to taking shameful advantage of the situation.

Mutara Nebula

Moves
11 Jul 15

[b]Hit a nerve did I?* [see explanatory note below]

* the above is a direct quote from you to Suzi taken from a few pages back in this thread

===================================================================================

I said I'm not interested in talking to drama queens right now, so what gives? Did you think it was meant as a ...[text shortened]... it easy for me to shrug this off, because all I need to do is consider the source.

** input[/b]
You re-entered this thread and immediately began criticising me to another poster. You did this to reopen the animosity between us. Fine. I simply responded to you directly, rather than via another poster, letting you know what I think of you. You are a proven repeated liar and and an asshat of the highest order. Whether you are moved by my comments or not is irrelevant to me.

Mutara Nebula

Moves
11 Jul 15
1 edit

I said I'm not interested in talking to drama queens right now, so what gives? Did you think it was meant as a it easy for me to shrug this off, because all I need to do is consider the source
Have you decided whether or not you believe in the teaching that there will be people suffering eternal torture after death?

Mutara Nebula

Moves
11 Jul 15
1 edit

Are you going to continue the exchange you started with me on the previous page Suzianne? I asked you why you consider the teaching that many Christians adhere strongly to, of Christ torturing unbelievers for eternity, to be a "minor point of Christian doctrine"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.