Misc. Hell Responses

Misc. Hell Responses

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
04 Jul 15
2 edits

I have already done so on several occasions (e.g. my thread on "Is God more cruel than the worst sadist you know?" ) but I will gladly do so again.

Just need to spend some time with my (real) family tonight, and will get back to you tomorrow.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jul 15
1 edit

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Jul 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Hey Suzianne, instead of sitting at home thumbing down all my posts why don't you stand up for what you believe in I.e. Not eternal suffering, and get involved? Is it because you don't want to break ranks with sonship?

Principles stinging much?
For the same reason I do not spend time arguing with people at church.

Being a bitch (of either gender) doesn't exactly honor God. When people who believe in my religion agree with 99% of the theology, why in the world, instead of celebrating our lives in Christ with them, would I spend all my time unpleasantly fighting with them about that 1%, which really isn't a matter worth arguing about? I daresay that if more people listened to sonship over that 99%, instead of focusing on a trivial 1%, there wouldn't be anywhere near all this "wailing and gnashing of teeth" on this forum.

But then, some people just like to fight. Barbarians, all of them. You, included.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Jul 15

Originally posted by FMF
I do not have to somehow trump whatever you have in your imagination with some alternative supernatural fantasy in order to tell you that I find a lot of what you imagine and claim to be true to be either useless or incoherent.
And so, as a matter of fact, what you're telling him, i.e. your opinion, is just that, opinion, and that "what you imagine and claim to be true" is without basis or fact, either without use or unfocused.

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

F

Moves
05 Jul 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
And so, as a matter of fact, what you're telling him, i.e. your opinion, is just that, opinion, and that "what you imagine and claim to be true" is without basis or fact, either without use or unfocused.

Thanks, Captain Obvious.
It's sonship's opinion that what he has claimed about his torturer God figure has moral coherence when, in fact, he hasn't. You yourself don't think the torturer God ideology and the notion of "eternal torture" has moral coherence either, right?

F

Moves
05 Jul 15

When people who believe in my religion agree with 99% of the theology, why in the world, instead of celebrating our lives in Christ with them, would I spend all my time unpleasantly fighting with them about that 1%, which really isn't a matter worth arguing about?
You think the notion of billions and billions of non-believers being tortured for eternity as a supposed testament to your God figure's "glory" and as an instance of His "perfect justice" is "trivial" and only "1%" of Christian theology?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Jul 15

Originally posted by FMF
It's sonship's opinion that what he has claimed about his torturer God figure has moral coherence when, in fact, he hasn't. You yourself don't think the torturer God ideology and the notion of "eternal torture" has moral coherence either, right?
What I think is that you using "moral coherence" as some kind of maypole to dance around is completely and totally ironic.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Jul 15

Originally posted by FMF
You think the notion of billions and billions of non-believers being tortured for eternity as a supposed testament to your God figure's "glory" and as an instance of His "perfect justice" is "trivial" and only "1%" of Christian theology?
How is this even a question? Didn't I just say as much?

Yes. Yes, I do. Now will I have to repeat this endlessly for you and your pals or are you clear on this yet?

Although I would prefer to eliminate the "as a supposed testament to your God figure's "glory" and as an instance of His "perfect justice" " part, though, as this is clearly *your* bias getting in your own way of your "quest" for coherency.

F

Moves
05 Jul 15

What I think is that you using "moral coherence" as some kind of maypole to dance around is completely and totally ironic.
Is that a 'NO', you don't think the torturer God ideology [and the notion of "eternal torture"] has moral coherence either, nor 'YES' you do?

F

Moves
05 Jul 15

Although I would prefer to eliminate the "as a supposed testament to your God figure's "glory" and as an instance of His "perfect justice" " part, though, as this is clearly *your* bias getting in your own way of your "quest" for coherency.
These are claims sonship that has made repeatedly.

F

Moves
05 Jul 15

How is this even a question? Didn't I just say as much?
Billions of non-believers being tortured for eternity as a punishment for their non-belief is a trivial matter? Do you sincerely believe this, as a Christian, or are you simply choosing to disagree with me regardless of your actual beliefs and principles?

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
05 Jul 15
2 edits

Originally posted by sonship
Hi sonship,

Before I say something that you know, or spend my time defending something which is not really a key issue, would you please just react to my previous assertion that it is not only useless and unproductive, but also irritating, to use any document to defend your PoV which is not accepted as authoritative by the party that you are disputing with?

Many here, including FMF, twhitehead and sonhouse have repeatedly stated that they do NOT accept the authority of the Bible. My simple question to you would be: then why do you keep quoting it? What is your objective?

(It should go without saying that there certainly is merit in discussing the Bible amongst people who DO accept its value, but who may disagree on points of difference, as you and I have in fact done. But don't quote the Bible to atheists to make your case.)

Do you agree with this one point?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jul 15
5 edits

Originally posted by CalJust
This specific thread was a continuation of divegeesters request to want to know how certain Christians think, particularly about the matter of certain passages from Revelation 14. I think with the Word of God. So I used the Word of God.

What you request, I have done some of on other subjects.

I want you to know that I am not unfamiliar with the concept. In the 70s Francis Schaeffer talked much about "Pre-evangelism". And Denish D'souza also talks about Christians learning to speak another language (free from bible references). Some presuppositional apologists would debate without reference to the Bible. So I understand what you mean.

This thread continued responses mostly questions to me on the Hell Spectator thread. And since the origin of that was HOW do Christian's think, I reply as I think - in relation to the Scripture.

I don't think about convincing FMF, twhitehead and sonhouse anymore of anything, reasoning with or without the Bible. And my replies were mainly to allow divegeester to see how a Christian like myself might think about the matters.

But I may be finished on this thread. I have been doing some more reading for my own further study.

Bottom line - I know full well what you mean. But it is not a mandatory prerequisite for me. Third time then - I could - not use the Scripture, I choose - to use Scripture right now.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
05 Jul 15

Fair enough. I can accept that that is a matter of personal choice and strategy.

I once challenged RC to talk without quoting the Bible, and he said basically the same thing as you just did. That was, if I recall correctly, our last conversation.

Moves
05 Jul 15

Originally posted by CalJust
Fair enough. I can accept that that is a matter of personal choice and strategy.

I once challenged RC to talk without quoting the Bible, and he said basically the same thing as you just did. That was, if I recall correctly, our last conversation.
If you want to converse with Robbie again just call him an oily fish. He seems to respond well to that.