If anyone is contemplating suicide.

Spirituality

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
13 Nov 18

@sonship said
@divegeester

Keep your shirt on. I'd give you a C, maybe a C+.
No A though.

Thanks for some answers.
So to be clear, you will not answer my questions even though I answered yours?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
13 Nov 18

Sonship, I faithfully answered every one of the many questions you put to me, I did so with absolute honesty, with “yes or “no” where you requested. Now will you some some Christian honestly and answer my two please:

1) I accept Jesus Christ as my saviour. But will my subsequent rejection of the trinity doctrine in any way risk me being precluded from salvation. Yes or no?

And

2) Is the book of Revelation intended to be interpreted as being entirely literal, yes or no?

Moves
13 Nov 18

@chaney3 said
Other than knowing God is there, we really don't have a clue about too much else.

Admitting that is a good place to start.
How do you know God is there?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Nov 18
3 edits

@divegeester

I said I gave you a C or C+ and no A. I meant it.

I did not consider your answer to the Isaiah 9:6 question to be that honest. I considered it a dodge or you need to take to trouble to discover the answer.

sonship:

In Isaiah 9:6 when the Son ... given is called the Eternal Father, besides the Father of the Trinity how many other Fathers are there in the Bible who are called "Eternal Father" ?

Divegeester:

I have no idea.

You have no idea that in the Bible there could not possibly be more than one Father who is the Eternal Father?

Moves
13 Nov 18

@sonship said
@divegeester

I said I gave you a C or C+ and no A. I meant it.

I did not consider your answer to the Isaiah 9:6 question to be that honest. I considered it a dodge or you need to take to trouble to discover the answer.

sonship:
[quote] In Isaiah 9:6 when the Son ... given is called the Eternal Father, besides the Father of t ...[text shortened]... o idea that in the Bible there could not possibly be more than one Father who is the Eternal Father?
We collectively give that response a D-.

Moves
13 Nov 18
1 edit

@divegeester said
Sonship, I faithfully answered every one of the many questions you put to me, I did so with absolute honesty, with “yes or “no” where you requested. Now will you some some Christian honestly and answer my two please:

1) I accept Jesus Christ as my saviour. But will my subsequent rejection of the trinity doctrine in any way risk me being precluded from salvation. ...[text shortened]... 2) Is the book of Revelation intended to be interpreted as being entirely literal, [b]yes or no?
Do you believe every word in the Bible is true? I suspect your answer is no. Correct me if I'm wrong. So the real question for you is how do you know which parts of the Bible are true and which parts aren't?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
13 Nov 18
3 edits

@sonship said
@divegeester
I considered it a dodge or you need to take to trouble to discover the answer.
I don’t believe in the trinity so your question is pointless. There is one father, you know I believe this. “I have no idea” what the father in the trinity actually is.

Anyway. Despite my trying to play quid pro quo with you, you have once again proved yourself to me to be a gutless, unprincipled flake and I am honestly disappointed in you.

My questions remain, as ever, unanswered and I have now lost interest in you as a poster and even as a fellow Christian. I grow tired of this forum and the small Christians in it. None of you inspire me in the faith.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Nov 18
5 edits

@divegeester

So to be clear, you will ...

No.

This is clear. There are other posters here for me to discuss things with besides you.

It is CLEAR that I don't OWE you perpetual responses to your bagging taunts, especially on replies which you indicate you will refuse to acknowledge.

The "You owe me forever" or "You still owe me" or "You haven't yet delivered something" tactic cannot obscure either the assurance of salvation or the triune nature of God or the ultimate punishment revealed in the Bible.

The repetitive skeptic cannot make these things go away from the teaching of the Bible.

Taunt on.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
13 Nov 18
1 edit

@sonship said
@divegeester

So to be clear, you will ...

No.

This is clear. There are other posters here for me to discuss things with besides you.

It is CLEAR that I don't OWE you perpetual responses to your bagging taunts, especially on replies which you indicate you will refuse to acknowledge.

The "You owe me forever" or "You still owe me" or "You have ...[text shortened]... The repetitive skeptic cannot make these things go away from the teaching of the Bible.

Taunt on.
That’s not a quote from my last post!

My questions remain unanswered, and you Sir are a true coward.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Nov 18
5 edits

"Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My words; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

Which one of the "We" there is not God - the Father or the Son ?

Answer given by Divegeester:

Neither.

Meaning NEITHER is not God.
Meaning that the "We" there in John 14:23 refers to God.

And that means that "Hear Oh Israel, the Lord our God is ONE ... " (Deut. 6:4) refers to the divine "We" of John 14:23. And the divine "We" of the Father and the Son does not negate Deut. 6:4.

"Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God, Jehovah is one."

Thus the ancient brothers in Christ wisely came up with the phrase "Trinity".
They were pressured to do so by antichrist teachers' attacks upon the Person of Christ.

ps. So I like HTML. So what?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Nov 18
2 edits

@divegeester

My questions remain unanswered, and you Sir are true coward.

Others can judge.

Thanks for indicating that God is "We" in John 14:23 confirming the truth of Deut. 6:4 that our God, Jehovah is ONE. The "We" of the Father and the Son proves the Trinity.

We only need to add that the Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3,4).
Praise God for His clear word !

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
13 Nov 18

@sonship said
@divegeester

My questions remain unanswered, and you Sir are true coward.

Others can judge.

Thanks for indicating that God is "We" in John 14:23 confirming the truth of Deut. 6:4 that our God, Jehovah is ONE. The "We" of the Father and the Son proves the Trinity.

We only need to add that the Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3,4).
Praise God for His clear word !
Just answer my questions and prove me wrong. You’re dishonesty and cowardice is a disgrace to the faith.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Nov 18

Just answer my questions and prove me wrong.

I just proved Divegeester RIGHT. God who is ONE is the Divine "We" of the Father and the Son in John 14:23.

I just proved the guy RIGHT that God is the Father and the Son = Jehovah Who is ONE.
And he STILL is complaining.

Is this guy in denial or what?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
13 Nov 18

@sonship said
Just answer my questions and prove me wrong.

I just proved Divegeester RIGHT. God who is ONE is the Divine "We" of the Father and the Son in John 14:23.

I just proved the guy RIGHT that God is the Father and the Son = Jehovah Who is ONE.
And he STILL is complaining.

Is this guy in denial or what?
Just answer the questions coward.

😞

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
13 Nov 18

This latest exchange between sonship and myself highlights everything I deride about many of the Christians in this forum. The gutless deception, the dodging, the avoiding of legitimate questions. It’s shameful forum behaviour.

Sonship, for someone who comes here to proselytise you do nothing more than bring the faith into disrepute.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.