If anyone is contemplating suicide.

Spirituality

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
26 Oct 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Oh, he's already dismissed such Christians as 'shortsighted.'
So suicide is obsolete, and those who commit suicide do so because they are “shortsighted”

Is that right sonship?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
26 Oct 18

@sonship said
Now, it is good to know that God CARES for us and we should cast ALL our anxieties on Him in prayer.

"Casting all your anxieties on Him because it matters to Him concerning you." (1 Pet. 5:7)

The scope of things which we can place before the Heavenly Father is vast and without limit. All our concerns we may place before Him.

I love the [b]Psalm 1 ...[text shortened]... ur concern to God, to remember this. You still have much to look back on and give thanks to God for.
Do you feel somehow cleansed when you post stuff like this?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Oct 18

@divegeester

Do you feel somehow cleansed when you post stuff like this?

I exercise to keep a cleansed conscience whether posting or not.

I am still in the process of learning to be a disciple of Jesus.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Oct 18
2 edits

@divegeester

So suicide is obsolete, and those who commit suicide do so because they are “shortsighted” ?

Especially for the Christian I would say that the Apostle Peter taught that he could be shortsighted forgetting that he was cleansed from his old sins.

"For he in whom these things are not present is blind, being SHORTSIGHTED, having forgotten the cleansing of his past sins." (2 Peter 1:9)

The "things" of which Peter speaks are mentioned in previous verses.

"And for this very reason also, adding all diligence, supply bountifully in your faith virtue;
and in virtue, knowledge;
and in knowledge, self-control;
and in self-control, endurance;
and in endurance, godliness;
and in godliness, brotherly love;
and in brotherly love, love.

For these things, existing in you and abounding, constitute you neither idle nor unfruitful unto the full knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

For he in whom these things are not present is blind, being shortsighted, having forgotten the cleansing of his past sins."

There is much reason for perpetual hope for the lover of Christ.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
27 Oct 18

@sonship said
@divegeester

So suicide is obsolete, and those who commit suicide do so because they are “shortsighted” ?

Especially for the Christian I would say that the Apostle Peter taught that he could be shortsighted forgetting that he was cleansed from his old sins.

"For he in whom these things are not present is blind, being SHORTSIGHTED, having for ...[text shortened]... f his past sins." [/b]

There is much reason for perpetual hope for the lover of Christ.
If Jesus has made suicide obsolete, how come Christians still commit suicide?

Just answer the question instead of posting waffle.

Moves
27 Oct 18
1 edit

@divegeester said

Just answer the question instead of posting waffle.
By the power of the internet, I have been diagnosed with spiritual leprosy.

If I were a Christian I would need to endure that leprosy and the accompanying suffering, as Jesus has apparently made suicide obsolete.

So that's off the table...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Oct 18
3 edits

@divegeester

Divetgeester, your waffle on my question on Luke 12:4,5 didn't go unnoticed.

I think the only tool in your debating toolbox is the repeated question.
You seem to think repetition of questions which have been addressed has some special debating advantage.

It doesn't. All it indicates is that, either you didn't read a reply or the reply was not the replyYOU wanted to insert into someone's mouth.

And now you have started a whole thread which title consists only of my tag name - sonship, and that's all.

Hope you feel better now.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Oct 18
1 edit

To Dive's question I replied -

That is pertaining to Christians who contemplate suicide, in case it was not clear.

Expect Dive to re-ask, and re-ask, and re-ask, until who knows what ...

Once again the question was for me to say something about Christians who commit suicide - Are they shortsighted.

Once again my reply was -

The short answer is Yes - I would say that the believer tempted by suicide is shortsighted.

The meaning of that answer is -

I would say that the believer tempted by suicide is shortsighted.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Oct 18

As I review, to be fair I noticed this -

Shortsightedness.

By the way, we are a family and my shortsightedness is not an unsolvable problem. Neither is another brother or sister.

Note: I know of Christians who have killed themselves or attempted to. I wrote that days ago already.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
27 Oct 18

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
27 Oct 18

@sonship said

Shortsightedness.
Wow. What spiritual insight this is (irony).

What a pathetic response, what an insult to the mental anguish people who kill them selves go through.

What an ashole you are.

Moves
27 Oct 18

@divegeester said
Wow. What spiritual insight this is (irony).

What a pathetic response, what an insult to the mental anguish people who kill them selves go through.

What an ashole you are.
It is a sad truth that any one of us could be afflicted with a mental health issue and that 'no religion' can protect us from such an affliction.

A human being plagued, for example, by dark negative voices and considering ending their own life deserves more from us than the diagnosis of shortsightedness.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Oct 18
2 edits

Ghost of a Duke,

Do I have your attention?

I apologize to you for a comment that was probably too mean. That is the one about people going on the other side of the street because of drunken, diseased, bad breath thing.

I apologize for the too mean analogy. I retract the comment.

F

Moves
27 Oct 18

@sonship said
Ghost of a Duke,

Do I have your attention? I a\pologize to you for a comment that was probably too mean. That is the one about people going on the other side of the street because of drunken, diseased, bad breath thing.

I apologize for the too mean analogy.
What is the "living Jesus"'s take on "healing" bipolar people, manic depressives, and other sufferers of bad mental health?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
27 Oct 18

@sonship said
Ghost of a Duke,

Do I have your attention?

I apologize to you for a comment that was probably too mean. That is the one about people going on the other side of the street because of drunken, diseased, bad breath thing.

I apologize for the too mean analogy. I retract the comment.
“Probably”

So possibly not...?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.