Creation AND Evolution?

Creation AND Evolution?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
24 Aug 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
I’m not interested in your “follow up” question at least until you acknowledge that I appropriately answered your question.

Did I or not?
Sure means yes the last time I checked. Did you miss that?

Moves
24 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
The theory of evolution and the evidence in favour of it explains it. If you have any specific questions I am happy to address them.
You seem to be waffling. Which particular evidence are you referring to?

ENGLAND

Moves
24 Aug 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Sure means yes the last time I checked. Did you miss that?
Good so you accept that there is evolution within simple living organisms.

K

Germany

Moves
24 Aug 18

You seem to be waffling. Which particular evidence are you referring to?
There is a vast body of evidence in favour of the theory of evolution. Some of it is summarized here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

Moves
25 Aug 18

Good so you accept that there is evolution within simple living organisms.
Microevolution yes. There is no evidence of macroevolution due to mutations that I am aware of.

Moves
25 Aug 18

There is a vast body of evidence in favour of the theory of evolution. Some of it is summarized here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
For microevolution yes. I am particularly asking for evidence of macroevolution due to natural selection.

ENGLAND

Moves
25 Aug 18

Microevolution yes.
Ok good.

So if follows that your demand for an example of beneficial mutualions in single cell organisms was either misplaced or misinformed?

Moves
25 Aug 18

Ok good.

So if follows that your demand for an example of beneficial mutualions in single cell organisms was either misplaced or misinformed?
Ok I could have clarified the question and asked for an example of beneficial mutations in a single cell that demonstrated macroevolution. Microevolution is perfectly compatible with the creation account. Do you believe the biblical account of creation?

ENGLAND

Moves
25 Aug 18

K

Germany

Moves
25 Aug 18

For microevolution yes. I am particularly asking for evidence of macroevolution due to natural selection.
Again, there is a huge body of evidence. If you want a more specific answer than a general text on evolution, you need to ask a more specific question.

Moves
25 Aug 18
1 edit

Again, there is a huge body of evidence. If you want a more specific answer than a general text on evolution, you need to ask a more specific question.
Do you believe lifeforms even simpler than single-celled organisms evolved into a fully functional human due to mutations that were not working towards anything without any intelligent direction? Yes or no?

K

Germany

Moves
25 Aug 18

Do you believe lifeforms even simpler than single-celled organisms evolved into a fully functional human due to mutations that were not working towards anything without any intelligent direction? Yes or no?
The theory of evolution does not involve any "intelligent direction" and mutations do not "work towards" anything. Instead, the process is directed by natural selection.

Moves
25 Aug 18

The theory of evolution does not involve any "intelligent direction" and mutations do not "work towards" anything. Instead, the process is directed by natural selection.
If you are not comfortable discussing your personal beliefs on this matter just say so.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Aug 18

When you look at models that project what we see today and apply them to what might have occurred millions of years ago, that is faith nothing more.

Moves
25 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
When you look at models that project what we see today and apply them to what might have occurred millions of years ago, that is faith nothing more.
And I think you require way more faith to believe life created itself than you need to believe that God did it.