Creation AND Evolution?

Spirituality

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Aug 18

Originally posted by @proper-knob
Is that a yes or no?
I believe when mutations are added then they accoumulate and after some time affect something either good or bad.

You however proclaim that only good mutations move on not all, and in addition these good mutations will continue affect change in a life form over millions of years by cumulatively taking these random changes to form organs, and systems. While not having anything go wrong.

If there are hoops to jump through it would be your beliefs. Nothing special is required for mine. If you need more I will write more later.

Moves
10 Aug 18

It’s not a dodge, it’s that the question is so utterly moronic and spectacularly dumb we can only hope you’re on the wind up.
First the dodge followed by the ad hominem, right on cue.

The Ship's Cat

Moves
10 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
You have said that, and I don’t believe that it would. Suggesting I don’t understand because I don’t agree with your assumptions doesn’t address the complaints I have, instead it simply suggests, you smart, me stupid, not a thoughtful retort.

That also stops any thoughtful discussion by reducing it to something personal. Giving you an out from addressing any controversy surrounding the theory you hold cannot fail.
Can we just agree Kelly that you reject the common understanding of natural selection and with it the theory of evolution that it underpins?

Can we also agree that believing some small mutations occur within a given species does not entitle you to claim a belief in evolution? - It would be like me accepting the books of Job and Ezekiel and then claiming to be a Christian.

Further, evolution does not allow wriggle room for 2 perfect human beings living in a garden. Humanity doesn't stand outside of the evolutionary process. - Forget for a moment about the 'common ancestor' and simply look back a couple of million years to Homo erectus. (Bones don't lie).

Hear have a wiki link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_erectus

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Aug 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
First the dodge followed by the ad hominem, right on cue.
It’s not even an ad hominem.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Aug 18

I believe when mutations are added then they accoumulate and after some time affect something either good or bad.

You however proclaim that only good mutations move on not all, and in addition these good mutations will continue affect change in a life form over millions of years by cumulatively taking these random changes to form organs, and systems. Wh ...[text shortened]... be your beliefs. Nothing special is required for mine. If you need more I will write more later.
Nothing special is required for your beliefs? Are you on the windup? You believe vegetarian T-Rex lived on the Ark in a world wide flood a few thousand years ago. 😲

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Aug 18

You however proclaim that only good mutations move on not all, and in addition these good mutations will continue affect change in a life form over millions of years by cumulatively taking these random changes to form organs, and systems. Wh ...[text shortened]... be your beliefs. Nothing special is required for mine. If you need more I will write more later.
Of course things go wrong, as I’ve said before the fossil record is filled with thousand upon thousand of long extinct species and there are undoubtedly countless many others we will never know about. If nothing went wrong they would all still be with us to this day.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Aug 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Can we just agree Kelly that you reject the common understanding of natural selection and with it the theory of evolution that it underpins?

Can we also agree that believing some small mutations occur within a given species does not entitle you to claim a belief in evolution? - It would be like me accepting the books of Job and Ezekiel and then ...[text shortened]... s. (Bones don't lie).

Hear have a wiki link:

No, we can agree I reject the common beliefs surrounding natural selection and the universal common ancestor. Outside of just proclaiming I am wrong, can you defend those beliefs with more than just repeating them over an over all while telling me I don’t understand?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Aug 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

Can we also agree that believing some small mutations occur within a given species does not entitle you to claim a belief in evolution? - It would be like me accepting the books of Job and Ezekiel and then ...[text shortened]... s. (Bones don't lie).

Hear have a wiki link:

So you don’t think I should be able to say I believe in that process because I don’t agree with the universal common ancestor. Is that like saying I believe in God, but not a specific God so I don’t get to claim I am a Theist?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Aug 18

So you don’t think I should be able to say I believe in that process because I don’t agree with the universal common ancestor. Is that like saying I believe in God, but not a specific God so I don’t get to claim I am a Theist?
Your Young Earth Creationist beliefs are in direct contradiction with the theory of evolution. You can’t have it both ways. You don’t accept macro-evolution, common descent or the evolutionary heritage of mankind. At best you accept some form of micro-evolution, that is it.

K

Germany

Moves
10 Aug 18

When something "goes wrong" the reproductive success of an organism is decreased. When something "goes right," on the other hand, the reproductive success of an organism is increased. The implication of this is that "good" mutations are more likely to be passed on to following generations. This describes a phenomenon called "natural selection" in a nutshell.

You can read more about it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_selection

Moves
10 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
When something "goes wrong" the reproductive success of an organism is decreased. When something "goes right," on the other hand, the reproductive success of an organism is increased. The implication of this is that "good" mutations are more likely to be passed on to following generations. This describes a phenomenon called "natural selection" in a nutshell.

You can read more about it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_selection
This is perfectly compatible with creation.

Moves
10 Aug 18

Your Young Earth Creationist beliefs are in direct contradiction with the theory of evolution. You can’t have it both ways. You don’t accept macro-evolution, common descent or the evolutionary heritage of mankind. At best you accept some form of micro-evolution, that is it.
That took you a while...

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Aug 18

Actually young earth creationist believe when everything stepped off the ark natural selection went into over drive! I don’t have the slow time table you do, I just believe in a shorter span required to accomplish it all.

I don’t believe a common ancestor is required either bypassing all the hard things required in genetics.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Aug 18

Nothing special is required for your beliefs? Are you on the windup? You believe vegetarian T-Rex lived on the Ark in a world wide flood a few thousand years ago. 😲
That have something to do with mutations?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Aug 18

Rejection of a universal common ancestor reduces a lot of required steps.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.