Creation AND Evolution?

Creation AND Evolution?

Spirituality

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Possibility of errors where what occurs destroys something required for life to continue as is, even without improving. A death of a thousand errors would occur long before one random mutation works in unison with a previous random mutation to construct a system with timing requirements, stop start, and so on. Simply repeating only the good moves on doesn’t address the issues that would be In countered.
Maybe you could clarify for me, with an example or two, how what you are describing would work and how natural selection wouldn’t counteract this process.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
There is a process which allows beneficial mutations to accumulate, while harmful ones gradually disappear from the population.

That process is called "natural selection."
You have said that, and I don’t believe that it would. Suggesting I don’t understand because I don’t agree with your assumptions doesn’t address the complaints I have, instead it simply suggests, you smart, me stupid, not a thoughtful retort.

That also stops any thoughtful discussion by reducing it to something personal. Giving you an out from addressing any controversy surrounding the theory you hold cannot fail.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Aug 18

Originally posted by @proper-knob
Maybe you could clarify for me, with an example or two, how what you are describing would work and how natural selection wouldn’t counteract this process.
At work I will try to give you something tonight.

The Ship's Cat

Moves
10 Aug 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
The loon is the one that believes the umbrella will evolve into a helicopter.
Please identify one person who believes, or has indicated, that inanimate objects like umbrellas evolve.

The exact opposite has been said.

The Ship's Cat

Moves
10 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
There is a process which allows beneficial mutations to accumulate, while harmful ones gradually disappear from the population.

That process is called "natural selection."
Precisely.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
10 Aug 18
1 edit

Possibility of errors where what occurs destroys something required for life to continue as is, even without improving. A death of a thousand errors would occur long before one random mutation works in unison with a previous random mutation to construct a system with timing requirements, stop start, and so on. Simply repeating only the good moves on doesn’t address the issues that would be In countered.
Organisms don't know the difference between a good (or potentially good) mutation and a bad one. They can't because it's a blind process unable to recognize the concept of 'good' and 'bad'. There is no internal 'peer review' process before DNA coding is copied and passed along to a next generation, because it's a strictly mechanical (blind) process.
This means innefective and harmful mutations can be passed along and accumulate from one generation to the next. And at some point along succeeding generational lines, whatever good changes that may have occurred would eventually be overwhemed by the accumulative toxic changes.

This is where wishfull thinking comes into play. Pretending the good will always outweigh the bad (instead of the other way around) saves evolution from a self defeating process.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Aug 18

Originally posted by @lemon-lime
Organisms don't know the difference between a good (or potentially good) mutation and a bad one. They can't because it's a blind process unable to recognize the concept of 'good' and 'bad'. There is no internal 'peer review' process before DNA coding is copied and passed along to a next generation, because it's a strictly mechanical (blind) process.
Thi ...[text shortened]... utweigh the bad (instead of the other way around) saves evolution from a self defeating process.
As per Kelly, you don't seem to understand how 'natural selection' works.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
10 Aug 18

Right. Mr Natural Selection works for you... you da boss of him.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
10 Aug 18

Thi ...[text shortened]... utweigh the bad (instead of the other way around) saves evolution from a self defeating process.
You should read a primary school book on natural selection, how the notion of survival of the fittest works over time and through environmental changes. It would stop you embarrassing yourself.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
10 Aug 18

I'm impressed by how any argument can be countered by uttering "No, it ain't so!"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Who_Say_Ni

K

Germany

Moves
10 Aug 18

You have said that, and I don’t believe that it would. Suggesting I don’t understand because I don’t agree with your assumptions doesn’t address the complaints I have, instead it simply suggests, you smart, me stupid, not a thoughtful retort.

That also stops any thoughtful discussion by reducing it to something personal. Giving you an out from addressing any controversy surrounding the theory you hold cannot fail.
Which of my assumptions do you disagree with?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Aug 18

I agree looking at only what helps makes the theory work, and deminshing or rejecting all the possible reasons it wouldn’t work, can only give favorable outcomes.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Aug 18

I think he nailed it.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
10 Aug 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
You should read a primary school book on natural selection, how the notion of survival of the fittest works over time and through environmental changes. It would stop you embarrassing yourself.
It's unlikely Mr Natural Selection will ever fail or betray you.
But if he does, you can always point at him and say "You're fired!"

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Aug 18
2 edits

I think he nailed it.
Of course you do, he's a creationist like you.

This means innefective and harmful mutations can be passed along and accumulate from one generation to the next. And at some point along succeeding generational lines, whatever good changes that may have occurred would eventually be overwhemed by the accumulative toxic changes.

Can either of you substantiate this claim?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.