9am is too early.

9am is too early.

Spirituality

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
11 Aug 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Your Bible says Jesus created wine for wedding guests who had polished off all the booze that had been available.
So? What's your point?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
11 Aug 18

They are. My perspectives are different from yours.
Your perspectives are the same as all other unbelievers.

c

Moves
11 Aug 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Whether there were drunk people or not is irrelevant to a sober discussion of the account of the water turned to wine.

That you think it does is evidence of an intellect steeped in unbelief bent on derailing rational discussion.
If Jesus 'created' more wine for drunk people, then it's relevant to ask why, considering the warnings of drunkenness.

F

Moves
11 Aug 18

Whether there were drunk people or not is irrelevant to a sober discussion of the account of the water turned to wine.

That you think it does is evidence of an intellect steeped in unbelief bent on derailing rational discussion.
My perspective and reasons for it are relevant and on target and not "derailing" the discussion.

F

Moves
11 Aug 18

Your perspectives are the same as all other unbelievers.
It's you and me who are in disagreement.

F

Moves
11 Aug 18

So? What's your point?
The one I have been making in my previous dozen or so posts.

F

Moves
11 Aug 18

Originally posted by @chaney3
It does beg the question of why Jesus would give more wine to people who were already likely drunk.
Being drunk is not the same as abusing alcohol. I can imagine that abuse might be deemed "unacceptable" but the wedding of Cana story shoots down the claim that simply getting drunk is "biblically unacceptable".

c

Moves
11 Aug 18

Being drunk is not the same as abusing alcohol. I can imagine that abuse might be deemed "unacceptable" but the wedding of Cana story shoots down the claim that simply getting drunk is "biblically unacceptable".
Abusing alcohol only increases the odds for 'sin' or bad behavior to happen.

Getting drunk at that wedding could have led to debauchery. It only takes one case of being drunk to change the course of your life.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
11 Aug 18

The custom of the host was to initially serve good wine, presumably until the guests were intoxicated enough to not notice that cheap wine was being served.

It's highly likely that most were drunk, even though this point wasn't included in John 2.

It does beg the question of why Jesus would give more wine to people who were already likely drunk.
There is a lot of information not included in the account. I think it is inferred that the best wine was served first, and after it was consumed the poorer quality wine was served because it would go unnoticed because people were intoxicated to a degree.

Some would argue ad nauseam about people getting drunk and they'd miss the most important truth, which is the best wine for last.

God is saving the best for last for His children, whereas this world, the devil and the flesh serves the best first so that once they are intoxicated they won't notice they're being fed the poison last.

F

Moves
11 Aug 18

Getting drunk at that wedding could have led to debauchery. It only takes one case of being drunk to change the course of your life.
These things are the responsibility of individuals.

F

Moves
11 Aug 18

Some would argue ad nauseam about people getting drunk and they'd miss the most important truth, which is the best wine for last.
The story of the wedding negates your claim that getting drunk is "biblically unacceptable". That aside, whatever other supposed "important truth" you choose to draw from it is up to you.

F

Moves
11 Aug 18

Abusing alcohol only increases the odds for 'sin' or bad behavior to happen.
Be that as it may, but being drunk is not immoral in and of itself.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
11 Aug 18

According to your twisted perspective which misses the entire point of the story.

My old man used to say it's impossible to stretch a gnats ass over a telephone pole, but that doesn't stop some people from trying.

F

Moves
11 Aug 18

According to your twisted perspective which misses the entire point of the story.
My perspective is about your claim that getting drunk is "biblically unacceptable". You can discuss what your own personal perspective on what is "the entire point of the story" with Christians to your heart's content.

F

Moves
11 Aug 18

I think it is inferred that the best wine was served first, and after it was consumed the poorer quality wine was served because it would go unnoticed because people were intoxicated to a degree.
Jesus is said to have provided them with even more booze nevertheless.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.