9am is too early.

9am is too early.

Spirituality

F

Moves
11 Aug 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
The only fact you have highlighted sir is that 'some' people can't handle their alcohol.
chaney3 has, of course, in the past, tried to blame Jesus for it. There was an infamous thread which he started about 18 months ago.

Moves
11 Aug 18

Originally posted by @chaney3
Why are you dismissing the fact that drunk people often make bad decisions 'because' they are drunk??

Drunk & bad decisions go hand in hand.
Soberness is no guarantee of good decisions.

c

Moves
11 Aug 18

Both of you, FMF and Ghost, are trying to act mightier than thou, and you're minimizing a common fact: being drunk means you are highly likely to act differently than when sober.

Why are you disputing this common knowledge?

F

Moves
11 Aug 18

Why are you dismissing the fact that drunk people often make bad decisions 'because' they are drunk??

Drunk & bad decisions go hand in hand.
I am not dismissing any immoral behaviour. I am simply saying that getting drunk is neither immoral nor is it an excuse for immoral behaviour.

c

Moves
11 Aug 18

Soberness is no guarantee of good decisions.
I absolutely agree!!

F

Moves
11 Aug 18

Both of you, FMF and Ghost, are trying to act mightier than thou, and you're minimizing a common fact: being drunk means you are highly likely to act differently than when sober.

People should simply take full responsibility for their behaviour, regardless of whether they are drunk or sober. If someone cannot handle their alcohol in this regard, they ought to refrain from consuming it.

c

Moves
11 Aug 18

Originally posted by @fmf
chaney3 has, of course, in the past, tried to blame Jesus for it. There was an infamous thread which he started about 18 months ago.
Lol. Jerk. 🙂

F

Moves
11 Aug 18

being drunk means you are highly likely to act differently than when sober.
There is nothing inherantly immoral about "acting differently".

c

Moves
11 Aug 18

People should simply take full responsibility for their behaviour, regardless of whether they are drunk or sober. If someone cannot handle their alcohol in this regard, they ought to refrain from consuming it.
The point you're missing is that WHEN you get to the stage of being drunk, your decision making process is compromised. Not sure why you cannot comprehend this.

Moves
11 Aug 18

Not at all. I simply shared with you my own relationship with alcohol.

And I agree, alcohol can make one act differently. For me, I go very quiet before falling asleep. Others may become angry, disinhibited, while others still merry and sociable.

I think your generalizations here have a repressed significance.

F

Moves
11 Aug 18

The point you're missing is that WHEN you get to the stage of being drunk, your decision making process is compromised. Not sure why you cannot comprehend this.
People should take full personal responsibility for their decision making processes.

c

Moves
11 Aug 18

Not at all. I simply shared with you my own relationship with alcohol.

And I agree, alcohol can make one act differently. For me, I go very quiet before falling asleep. Others may become angry, disinhibited, while others still merry and sociable.

I think your generalizations here have a repressed significance.
"Repressed significance"?

Don't put me on that couch Ghost!! 😉

c

Moves
11 Aug 18

People should take full personal responsibility for their decision making processes.
Decision making is compromised when drunk.
Badly compromised.

Moves
11 Aug 18

"Repressed significance"?

Don't put me on that couch Ghost!! 😉
I can do you a discount?

F

Moves
11 Aug 18

Decision making is compromised when drunk.
Badly compromised.
If this is true for you, and you engage in immoral behaviour as a result, then don't drink.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.