9am is too early.

9am is too early.

Spirituality

F

Moves
11 Aug 18

Originally posted by @secondson
There's nothing in the narrative that suggests anyone was drunk...
Of course there is. Gosh, how you contort yourself.

c

Moves
11 Aug 18
1 edit

In John chapter 2, there is no mention of anyone being drunk, nor any specifics on how much anyone had to drink. Just that the wine was gone.

The comment of the host is suspect though. He said that normally, the good wine was served first, then the lesser wine served later. (The obvious reason being that once people had too much to drink, they likely won't notice or care about the quality of wine....just that it's wine).

Note: it appears that on His own, Jesus would not have done this at all. His Mother seems to have forced the issue, and maybe He was just being respectful to her?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Aug 18

[i]Originally posted by @secondson[/
You've confirmed what I said. "Sound-light vibration" is spurious, and has no relevance to sound understanding of what e are, and is all in your mind. What's left of it.

[b]I live by Christian values and love the essence of all religions.

Like I said. You're a pan-polytheist.

There's only one way to God. His way, and on His terms.[/b]
Not my fault you cant understand simplicity. Or is it that you wont?
BTW get fu**** c*** face. You are below the scum that lives on the bottom of the ocean . Everytime you post you prove just who you are-a str8 up menace to spiritual understanding.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
11 Aug 18

Originally posted by @fmf
And yet your scripture depicts him as turning water into wine so that drunken guests could have even more wine.
No it doesn't.

They were out of wine. Things were getting desperate. What would people think? Running out of wine at a wedding feast is embarrassing. Good thing Jesus was there. There might have been a riot you know. Just think, they might have killed the groom and taken the bride to sodomize. You know how people can get when they run out of wine. Roman soldiers might have been needed and that would have really pissed off ole Pontius Pilate.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Aug 18

I doubt you remember the questions without looking back and rereading your posts.

I answered your questions. You just don't like the answer.
No you didn't answer my questions. Do your own looking up you fu**tard.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
11 Aug 18

Of course there is. Gosh, how you contort yourself.
Prove it.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Aug 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
When you have nothing to say ... Shut up ,, moron.
These kids , ay? What to do? I'm thinking throwing these babies out with the pond scum. I try to think of what Jesus would do ... and honestly, I dont think he'd blame me for my method.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
11 Aug 18

Originally posted by @chaney3
In John chapter 2, there is no mention of anyone being drunk, nor any specifics on how much anyone had to drink. Just that the wine was gone.

The comment of the host is suspect though. He said that normally, the good wine was served first, then the lesser wine served later. (The obvious reason being that once people had too much to drink, they likely wo ...[text shortened]... all. His Mother seems to have forced the issue, and maybe He was just being respectful to her?
Sound reasoning chaney.

I don't know why some feel the need to embellish the narrative.

F

Moves
11 Aug 18

People were drinking freely at a wedding and the booze ran out ~ and they were demanding even more, even after getting through the poor wine as well. Jesus - so the story goes - provided them with somewhere between 120 and 180 gallons of additional wine... so that they could continue drinking "freely". Hardly a story about something that is "biblically unacceptable".

c

Moves
11 Aug 18

Sound reasoning chaney.

I don't know why some feel the need to embellish the narrative.
My mistake was not reading the biblical account, to refresh my memory.

Jesus commented to His mom that their wine issue isn't His problem.

Interesting that they didn't use Mary's name here.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
11 Aug 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
No you didn't answer my questions. Do your own looking up you fu**tard.
Your "sound-light vibrations" are resonating. Seem to be turning black.

Got any more "Christian values" you wish to share?

F

Moves
11 Aug 18

Getting drunk is against what the Bible says about drinking whether you think so or not.
Seemingly not for people who observe Jesus' actions carefully. Your claim that getting drunk is "biblically unacceptable" in light of Jesus' own behaviour at Cana doesn't withstand scrutiny. Other superstitious beliefs you just so happen to hold based on the story are neither here nor there.

F

Moves
11 Aug 18
2 edits

Jesus acting as an enabler means that it became an issue for him and for people unable to look at the story and call a spade a spade ~ and seek a cherry they think they can pick instead.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
11 Aug 18

My mistake was not reading the biblical account, to refresh my memory.

Interesting that they didn't use Mary's name here.
I'm still at a loss concerning what Jesus said to His mother.

"Woman, what have I to do with thee."

Interesting.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Aug 18

And yet your scripture depicts him as turning water into wine so that drunken guests could have even more wine.
What "drunken guests"?

The scipture says nothing of "drunken guests".

Now you're just making stuff up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.