The Moon and Design

The Moon and Design

Science

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
18 Jun 17

Originally posted by twhitehead
An there you go again. Trumpian deny deny deny.
I made the case and it is rock solid.
Where?

What happened to you, that you are now such a coward? Calling names when you lose an argument, and carrying things to this extreme. Bully tactics don't work on me. I mop the floor with people like you.

Cape Town

Moves
18 Jun 17

Originally posted by apathist
Where?

What happened to you, that you are now such a coward? Calling names when you lose an argument, and carrying things to this extreme. Bully tactics don't work on me. I mop the floor with people like you.
I take it from your response that you cannot answer the challenge and are admitting to having lied. You just mopped the floor with yourself.

As for 'loosing' and argument, which one would that be?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
18 Jun 17

I take it from your response that you cannot answer the challenge and are admitting to having lied. You just mopped the floor with yourself.

As for 'loosing' and argument, which one would that be?
I never said 'loosing', btw. You can't show, so look what you do! I'm embarrassed about you.

Cape Town

Moves
18 Jun 17

You can't show, so look what you do! I'm embarrassed about you.
Trumpism rules I see. (or are you just drunk? )

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
18 Jun 17

Originally posted by twhiteheadTrumpism rules I see. (or are you just drunk?
yes. Therefore you are right. Does that work for you?

Cape Town

Moves
19 Jun 17

yes. Therefore you are right. Does that work for you?
No, I don't require your drunk logic to be right. I am right regardless. And you are still a proven liar whether or not you admit to it and whether or not you use drunkenness or deafness as an excuse.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
19 Jun 17

No, I don't require your drunk logic to be right. I am right regardless. And you are still a proven liar whether or not you admit to it and whether or not you use drunkenness or deafness as an excuse.
I'm super drunk. Doesn't make me a liar. I want to like you, but you are such a piece.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Jun 17
1 edit

Nonsense.

[b]Philosophy inspires science people, that's all.

Science IS philosophy.

And:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phlogiston_theory
The phlogiston theory is a superseded scientific theory ....

The idea of the indivisible atom was so useful that it was used by science (specifically chemistry). You are totally wrong tha ...[text shortened]... ooms, I really don't know what you are on about there, but I am willing to bet you are confused.[/b]
Indivisible like a car, if you remove parts of the car, like the wheels, it is no longer a car. You can remove SOME of the car like the hood, it can still function as a car just like an atom, you can add or subtract an electron or two and it is still that atom but now ionized. For instance, in ion implantation, it matters not a whit if the dopant is ionized or not when it impacts the silicon wafer or whatever is implanted. It is much more convenient to accelerate or steer if it is ionized but when it gets to the silicon it still does it's semiconductor doping function if a stray neutral get implanted or ionized they do the same job as a semiconductor dopant.

Cape Town

Moves
19 Jun 17
1 edit

I'm super drunk. Doesn't make me a liar.
More bad logic.
You are a liar and you are drunk. One doesn't follow from the other nor have I claimed that it did. Suggesting that I did, is dishonest of you.

I want to like you, but you are such a piece.
I have no desire to like you.

If you ever come out of your drunken stupor, perhaps you could tell us the date of the discovery of the atom. You know, the one that the philosophers you mentioned thought was indivisible, but turned out not to be.

Cape Town

Moves
19 Jun 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
For instance, in ion implantation, it matters not a whit if the dopant is ionized or not when it impacts the silicon wafer or whatever is implanted.
Actually the concept of an atom as being a nucleus and a given number of electrons is inaccurate in most cases. Atoms in molecules share electrons. From a chemists point of view, the indivisible atom is the nucleus - specifically the nuclear charge as that largely determines its chemical properties.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Jun 17

Actually the concept of an atom as being a nucleus and a given number of electrons is inaccurate in most cases. Atoms in molecules share electrons. From a chemists point of view, the indivisible atom is the nucleus - specifically the nuclear charge as that largely determines its chemical properties.
I am not a chemist, but doesn't the valence of an atom determine some of its chemical properties?

h

Moves
30 Jun 17
5 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
I am not a chemist, but doesn't the valence of an atom determine some of its chemical properties?
correct, but the number of positive charged nucleons (the protons) in the nucleus of he atom determines the valency of that atom and also defines which chemical element that atom belongs to (as I know from my chemistry studies at university, the effect it has on whole multi-atom molecules is usually much more complex and indirect and a LOT harder to understand)

Cape Town

Moves
30 Jun 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
Yes, and valence is a direct function of nuclear charge, or the number of protons in the nucleus. The number of neutrons is largely irrelevant and it is very difficult to distinguish between atoms with different numbers of neutrons but the same number of protons.
Valence goes in patterns, hence the periodic table, but there are differences between different rows (or we wouldn't distinguish all the elements).

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Jul 17

I'm super drunk. Doesn't make me a liar. I want to like you, but you are such a piece.
How do you expect to think clearly if you are drunk? What were the original 3 questions anyway?

Moves
09 Jul 17

in an Infinite universe perfection MUST be attained somewhere..ellipse or otherwise.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.