The Moon and Design

The Moon and Design

Science

c

Moves
28 Jul 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Did we also see the proof of design on May 22, 1960?

( Valdivia earthquake - Chile. 9.4 magnitude).

Cosmic accident? Design flaw?!
Believing that a designer is responsible for everything is much, much different than claiming to understand this designer at all.

A person can reject God, the Bible, Buddha, etc., as false, but only because mankind has attempted to claim 'knowing' this designer personally. Mankind could be wrong about all claims, and yet the 'designer' is still there.

Moves
28 Jul 17

Originally posted by @chaney3
Believing that a designer is responsible for everything is much, much different than claiming to understand this designer at all.

A person can reject God, the Bible, Buddha, etc., as false, but only because mankind has attempted to claim 'knowing' this designer personally. Mankind could be wrong about all claims, and yet the 'designer' is still there.
Not really answering the question. If a perfect designer is responsible for creation, why are there imperfections?

F

Moves
28 Jul 17

Now you admit that is a question of religion and nothing more. It has nothing to do with science. Yet you try to win this discussion which is unwinnable as it is in the wrong forum.

You want to win discussion? Then go to the Spiritual Forum where it suffices to claim 'Goddidit' to win any discussion. Science doesn't work in this way.

You lose.

c

Moves
28 Jul 17

Originally posted by @fabianfnas
Now you admit that is a question of religion and nothing more. It has nothing to do with science. Yet you try to win this discussion which is unwinnable as it is in the wrong forum.

You want to win discussion? Then go to the Spiritual Forum where it suffices to claim 'Goddidit' to win any discussion. Science doesn't work in this way.

You lose.
Excuse me, but it's about a 'designer', not religion.

Please see the thread title, in case you missed it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jul 17
1 edit

Your designer doesn't care about humans then? It is only interested in making solar eclipses? So I take it you do not worship this designer?

c

Moves
28 Jul 17

Originally posted by @sonhouse
Your designer doesn't care about humans then? It is only interested in making solar eclipses? So I take it you do not worship this designer?
You, like Ghost, are confusing the difference between the existence of a designer, and trying to comprehend this designer.

We humans may not know why things happen the way they do, but that doesn't mean the designer isn't there.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
28 Jul 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Not really answering the question. If a perfect designer is responsible for creation, why are there imperfections?
It's almost as though something is wrong with the system, if we can imagine the system---
which works with such a precision that we haven't been able to figure out how it does so--- is yet somehow able to work with even greater precision than it does currently.

Cape Town

Moves
28 Jul 17

You, like Ghost, are confusing the difference between the existence of a designer, and trying to comprehend this designer.

We humans may not know why things happen the way they do, but that doesn't mean the designer isn't there.
And you are claiming you have evidence of a designer based on your preconceived notions about said designer. So it is very much YOU that is claiming to be able to comprehend a designer.
The real problem is that all you've got to back that up is foot stomping and endless lies.

c

Moves
28 Jul 17

Originally posted by @twhitehead
And you are claiming you have evidence of a designer based on your preconceived notions about said designer. So it is very much YOU that is claiming to be able to comprehend a designer.
The real problem is that all you've got to back that up is foot stomping and endless lies.
Please explain to me where the 'matter' came from to go bang, in the big bang theory.

As I have proven, you cannot get something (the universe) from nothing. That 'matter' was created.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jul 17

So tell this designer to talk to me personally, then I would know. Humans telling me there is a designer, fogedaboudit.

c

Moves
28 Jul 17

Originally posted by @sonhouse
So tell this designer to talk to me personally, then I would know. Humans telling me there is a designer, fogedaboudit.
The evidence of design is all around you, but instead of recognizing it, you attribute it all to cosmic luck, rolls of the dice, accidents, and the misguided theory that anything can happen over the course of millions of years. You are mistaken. Something does not come from nothing.

Science knows less about things than they care to admit. When science claims that a cosmic accident explains everything, I say fogedaboudit.

Cape Town

Moves
28 Jul 17

Please explain to me where the 'matter' came from to go bang, in the big bang theory.
There was no matter at the big bang. Only energy. If you don't even understand that much, how do you expect to be able to pontificate on what came before it?

As I have proven, ....
Liar. You have proven no such thing. You haven't even presented a reasoned argument. You have just made the claim without evidence, argument or even much sense.

c

Moves
28 Jul 17

Originally posted by @twhitehead
There was no matter at the big bang. Only energy. If you don't even understand that much, how do you expect to be able to pontificate on what came before it?

[b]As I have proven, ....

Liar. You have proven no such thing. You haven't even presented a reasoned argument. You have just made the claim without evidence, argument or even much sense.[/b]
So where did this 'energy' come from?

Let me guess....it has magically always existed, then magically produced a universe.

Gotcha.

P.S. you don't know.

h

Moves
29 Jul 17
1 edit

So where did this 'energy' come from?
How do you know it must have 'come'?

it has magically ....

so you arrogantly assume that, just because you don't understand something, it must be magic?
As if your intellect is so infallible and great that there is nothing you do not understand that isn't magic?
You must believe much to be magic.

F

Moves
29 Jul 17

Of course it is a religion that should be better suited in the Spiritual Forum, where you will win.

Because if it is science, then why don't you use scientific arguments? Why do you refuse to discuss it as science?

Why? Because you will lose. And have lost.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.