The Moon and Design

The Moon and Design

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
13 Feb 17

Originally posted by MarshallPrice
When I provided you with scientific theories on the origins of life and the big bang, you insulted me, and then claimed it was "a miracle of nothing."

My question, in response, was the quoted question.

To rephrase, what created the creator?
You have provided nothing on origin of life. Don't lie, like twhitehead does.

And, we don't need to prove how the creator was created.

Moves
13 Feb 17

You should be careful, someone on the internet, presumably on the other side of the ocean, isn't fond of your opinions. It's a dangerous game you're playing.
I have it on good authority there is a lock on his padded cell.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
13 Feb 17

Originally posted by chaney3
Your question does not make sense.
The point is that you have no reply to the question as to who designed your designer. This is something you can't escape as failing to accept that your designer requires explanation allows us a class of phenomena that do not require explanation; accepting that designer requires explanation means your creationist position has no explanatory power. It's Catch 22 and your call.

M

Moves
13 Feb 17
1 edit

Let's tackle the origin of life first. The main theories are panspermia and abiogenesis, I suggest you look them up.

Panspermia says that life on earth originated in outer space before coming to earth. The general consensus is that it came on some sort of meteorite or comet. This is not to be confused with directed panspermia, which theorizes that l ...[text shortened]... ng in the first single celled organisms, infinitely more primitive than modern day bacteria.

Bump for Chaney.

Seems I provided a little more than "Nothing" on the origins of life didn't I?

Edit: you'll find that on the bottom of page 33.

c

Moves
13 Feb 17

Originally posted by DeepThought
The point is that you have no reply to the question as to who designed your designer. This is something you can't escape as failing to accept that your designer requires explanation allows us a class of phenomena that do not require explanation; accepting that designer requires explanation means your creationist position has no explanatory power. It's Catch 22 and your call.
We do not need to explain the designer.

Why do you think we do?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Feb 17
1 edit

Why do you think we do?
It also has no predictive power except when we die some of us go to heaven, not much of a prediction since nobody can prove or disprove it so there is zero science in it. ONLY faith.

It is logical to think if there is a designer, someone or something had to design that designer and someone else had to design the designers designer, etc.

It is just a lot simpler to have the universe run itself without some entity stuck in some loop continually babysitting a universe. If such an entity has to continually have some kind of cosmic feedback to keep it going, it is not much of a design.

A much better design would be such a designer knew everything about matter, energy, time, dimensions, gravity, quantum physics and such, and knowing all that, just roll the creation dice and let her rip. No need for microsecond by microsecond baby sitting each atom as you must think such a deity would operate. I can tell you this: If I was that deity I would think I would have MUCH better things to do than baby sit a whole frigging universe microsecond by microsecond, maybe thinking about creating another universe with slightly different parameters, speed of light half of what it is now, something like that, being a creative deity rather than this puffed up man made travesty of a deity.

M

Moves
13 Feb 17

Why do you think we do?
Are you saying we should just believe the universe was designed when the antithesis is much simpler?

Cape Town

Moves
14 Feb 17
1 edit

Don't lie, like twhitehead does.
So, not only do you not apologise for your false accusations, but you repeat them.
You are one despicable human being. Whoever the 'designer' was, he wasn't very nice.

w

Moves
14 Feb 17

Why do you think we do?
Explaining things is what scientists do.

Since He needs no explanation, then why cadge for proof He exists? Isn't faith sufficient?

M

Moves
15 Feb 17

Originally posted by wildgrass
Explaining things is what scientists do.

Since He needs no explanation, then why cadge for proof He exists? Isn't faith sufficient?
If faith is factored in, why look for evidence if not to strengthen your beliefs while also batting away anyone and anything that doesn't think the way you think? He's just trying to further his own agenda, not have an intelligent discussion.

M

Moves
15 Feb 17

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/science

For Chaney, since he doesn't seem to understand what it actually is.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Feb 17

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/science

For Chaney, since he doesn't seem to understand what it actually is.
I think he decided he didn't want to play this particular game, no posts for 4 days.

M

Moves
17 Feb 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
I think he decided he didn't want to play this particular game, no posts for 4 days.
Maybe he'll pop up on the Spirituality forum tomorrow.

c

Moves
18 Feb 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
After more than 500 posts, it is clear that most on this forum refuse to believe in design. No proof will suffice, as twhitehead made clear.

All of you will make every effort to either exlpain it away, or ignore, anything that may 'seem' like design.

Science is your god.
Your own ego is your god.

c

Moves
18 Feb 17
1 edit

After more than 500 posts, it is clear that most on this forum refuse to believe in design. No proof will suffice, as twhitehead made clear.

All of you will make every effort to either exlpain it away, or ignore, anything that may 'seem' like design.

Science is your god.
Your own ego is your god.
EGO

Easing God Out

Keep thinking your brains evolved from a swamp.