The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
46d

@Ponderable said
I doubt that many hospitals would give out whiskey these days...
Yes, I thought it unusual at the time. Maybe he bought it himself and the ward staff just kept control of it?

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
46d

@Great-Big-Stees said
Hmmm. Lots of alcohol and drugs sounds, to me, like a recipe for…a hang over.😲🤔
I do admire how some people cope with serious illnesses. It must be so difficult.

Gothenburg

Moves
45d

@Drewnogal said
That was good. I’ve never heard of common helping in that way.
The cinnamon buns were brought by a friend to help me through the nights and after 2 weeks, they weren't necessary but I had got myself a a bit of a bad habit. 🙂 Chewing things has a comforting effect.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
45d

@Torunn said
The cinnamon buns were brought by a friend to help me through the nights and after 2 weeks, they weren't necessary but I had got myself a a bit of a bad habit. 🙂 Chewing things has a comforting effect.
Do you ever drink green tea? That has good anti-inflammatory properties. I get very occasional hip pain if I forget to drink it for a while. I find that eating oily fish 2/3 times a week helps too.

Gothenburg

Moves
45d

@Drewnogal said
Do you ever drink green tea? That has good anti-inflammatory properties. I get very occasional hip pain if I forget to drink it for a while. I find that eating oily fish 2/3 times a week helps too.
Thank you Drew, good advice, I will try that, old people usually have painful joints.

Moves
45d

@Torunn said
Thank you Drew, good advice, I will try that, old people usually have painful joints.
Especially those who “abused” their bodies with contact sports.😢😁

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
45d

@Great-Big-Stees said
Especially those who “abused” their bodies with contact sports.😢😁
Oh...

Say, Stees, is imbibing considered one of them there contact sports?? 😕

Moves
44d

@Earl-of-Trumps said
Oh...

Say, Stees, is imbibing considered one of them there contact sports?? 😕
Probably, as long as your mouth makes contact with the thing being imbibed. 🤔👍

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
44d

@Great-Big-Stees said
Probably, as long as your mouth makes contact with the thing being imbibed. 🤔👍
I was actually thinking about those "mornings after" where you wake uo feeling like you got run over by a truck.

ouch

Moves
44d

@Earl-of-Trumps said
I was actually thinking about those "mornings after" where you wake uo feeling like you got run over by a truck.

ouch
Been a long time since that happened to me but I do recollect a few of those days.😢😁

Moves
41d

Looks like we may have to run some “specials” as our clientele seems to have abandoned us. Any suggestions?🤔

Gothenburg

Moves
41d
1 edit

@Great-Big-Stees said
Looks like we may have to run some “specials” as our clientele seems to have abandoned us. Any suggestions?🤔
We could have a quiz twice a week?

Or Stees, we have to realize there is a time for everything. We have kept this place going for a long time - maybe it's time for something else? If only you, Earl, Ponderable and sometimes Dive care for a stop here, then I think we should close.

Moves
41d

@Torunn said

Or Stees, we have to realize there is a time for everything. We have kept this place going for a long time - maybe it's time for something else? If only you, Earl, Ponderable and sometimes Dive care for a stop here, then I think we should close.
Certainly something to think about.😢

Moves
35d

@Torunn said

Shall we continue for a bit or… oh hang on. I just got a text message from Mr. Trump. It says and I quote, “ Since it’s not looking good for me in the upcoming election, I was thinking of taking over The Tavern and like you incur all the costs involved. Surely when the authorities see my philanthropic endeavour, they may reconsider all my remaining court issues”? What say you Torunn?🤔

Gothenburg

Moves
35d

@Great-Big-Stees said
Shall we continue for a bit or… oh hang on. I just got a text message from Mr. Trump. It says and I quote, “ Since it’s not looking good for me in the upcoming election, I was thinking of taking over The Tavern and like you incur all the costs involved. Surely when the authorities see my philanthropic endeavour, they may reconsider all my remaining court issues”? What say you Torunn?🤔
Well, how should we respond to such an proposition? Let's do it!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.