The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
68d

@Torunn said
No British Open for me this week-end. Not available on the channels I have. Just the first two days. 😞
If I were you, Torunn, I would go to the TV provider and bite him on the ankle. 😉

Moves
68d

@Torunn said
Starting now: How is Alex Norén doing today? And who are in the top of the leaderbord? I assume Alex is not among them.
No and nor are my guys.😢😁

Gothenburg

Moves
67d
1 edit

@Earl-of-Trumps said
If I were you, Torunn, I would go to the TV provider and bite him on the ankle. 😉
I will, because I think they are cynical and greedy. 🙂

Alex Norén with Jon Rahm. 😍

Moves
67d

@Torunn said
I will, because I think they are cynical and greedy. 🙂

Alex Norén with Jon Rahm. 😍
I must apologize Torunn as I gave you erroneous info as both Noren and Spieth are still in the hunt for Claret Jug as are my two guys Conners and Hughes.😲👍

Gothenburg

Moves
67d

@Great-Big-Stees said
I must apologize Torunn as I gave you erroneous info as both Noren and Spieth are still in the hunt for Claret Jug as are my two guys Conners and Hughes.😲👍
I so hope they will play well today. Alex made a birdie yesterday that he was really proud of. In that weather, he managed better than the better positioned players. Happy, happy 😍

Moves
67d

@Torunn said
I so hope they will play well today. Alex made a birdie yesterday that he was really proud of. In that weather, he managed better than the better positioned players. Happy, happy 😍
As Yogi Berra said, ”It ain’t over, till it’s over”.🏌️‍♂️👍

Gothenburg

Moves
67d

@Great-Big-Stees said
As Yogi Berra said, ”It ain’t over, till it’s over”.🏌️‍♂️👍
That's true, and I think that just qualifying for the last rounds is an accomplishment. I hope Jordan Spieth will be satisfied too, he has had problems for some time and I love him very much too.

Moves
67d

@Torunn said
That's true, and I think that just qualifying for the last rounds is an accomplishment. I hope Jordan Spieth will be satisfied too, he has had problems for some time and I love him very much too.
As a longtime golfer one has one’s “ ups and downs”…kinda like real life eh? I guess the difference, concerning golf is that he gets paid to play, I, on the other hand pay to play.🤔😲😉👍

Gothenburg

Moves
67d

@Great-Big-Stees said
As a longtime golfer one has one’s “ ups and downs”…kinda like real life eh? I guess the difference, concerning golf is that he gets paid to play, I, on the other hand pay to play.🤔😲😉👍
And a lot of money it is too. I think the winner sum is something like USD 3.000.000 which should equal about SEK 30.000.000. Is that correct?

Moves
67d

@Torunn said
And a lot of money it is too. I think the winner sum is something like USD 3.000.000 which should equal about SEK 30.000.000. Is that correct?
I’m not sure of the amount of money the winner gets but that sounds like it might be right.👍 Sure ain’t “chump change”, is it?😁

Gothenburg

Moves
67d
1 edit

@Great-Big-Stees said
I’m not sure of the amount of money the winner gets but that sounds like it might be right.👍 Sure ain’t “chump change”, is it?😁
I believe honour and money go hand in hand - one wouldn't be enough without the other. 🙂

Gothenburg

Moves
67d
1 edit

@Torunn said
I believe honour and money go hand in hand - one wouldn't be enough without the other. 🙂
I just read in CBS Sports:

"The R&A will reward the 2024 Champion Golfer of the Year the highest monetary prize in the history of The Open Championship come Sunday. With a purse of $17 million set for the 2024 Open -- an increase of $500,000 year over year -- the victor at Royal Troon will take home a record-setting $3.1 million winner's share..."

Why don't you have a go, eh? 🙂

Moves
67d

@Torunn said
I just read in CBS Sports:

"The R&A will reward the 2024 Champion Golfer of the Year the highest monetary prize in the history of The Open Championship come Sunday. With a purse of $17 million set for the 2024 Open -- an increase of $500,000 year over year -- the victor at Royal Troon will take home a record-setting $3.1 million winner's share..."

Why don't you have a go, eh? 🙂
There was a time, many decades ago, when the thought occurred to me, as I was a pretty good golfer but then I realized that although good, I wasn’t “that” good and wasn’t willing or able (real life) to commit the time and energy into a quest to be “that good”. 😁

Gothenburg

Moves
67d
1 edit

@Great-Big-Stees said
There was a time, many decades ago, when the thought occurred to me, as I was a pretty good golfer but then I realized that although good, I wasn’t “that” good and wasn’t willing or able (real life) to commit the time and energy into a quest to be “that good”. 😁
I can be your caddie if you think it would help. 🙂 Remember Fanny Sunesson?

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
67d

I am dying of thirst here!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.