Creation AND Evolution?

Creation AND Evolution?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Aug 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
It’s been explained in this thread about 16,000,000,000 times.
No a key piece keeps getting missed.

T

Moves
17 Aug 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
It’s been explained in this thread about 16,000,000,000 times.
When it comes to explaining why good mutations go on and bad ones don't - all 16,000,000,000 have said, "...blah, blah, 'magic', blah, blah, blah, 'faith', blah, blah...".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Aug 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
When it comes to explaining why good mutations go on and bad ones don't - all 16,000,000,000 have said, "...blah, blah, 'magic', blah, blah, blah, 'faith', blah, blah...".
So no answer forthcoming from you.

T

Moves
17 Aug 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @kellyjay
So no answer forthcoming from you.
Nothing that you've been able to wrap your mind around.

Though you deny it. It's clear that you still do not understand how natural selection works. From what I gather, that's why GoaD dropped out of the discussion with you and I did too.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Aug 18

Nothing that you've been able to wrap your mind around.

Though you deny it. It's clear that you do not understand how natural selection works.
Agreeing with it and understanding it are two different things.

T

Moves
17 Aug 18
1 edit

Agreeing with it and understanding it are two different things.
If you actually understood it, you'd frame your objections and questions very differently than you do.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Aug 18

If you actually understood it, you'd frame your objections and questions very differently than you do.
You don't grasp my objections, you have only been suggesting I don't understand the theory.

You have any idea why I'm objecting, why I am saying the process is flawed?

It isn't a religious reason, its a design issue.

If you don't know my reasons for objecting you certainly don't know how they should be presented.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Aug 18

Again you accept the good mutations through time and generations formed eyes, ears,
and so on? Which means a mutation in one generation would have to add to what was
done in a previous generation, correct? Requiring specific mutations types in specific
locations! It would not be a good thing to enhance the eyes ability to taste or smell now
would it, so eyes for seeing, ears for hearing, taste buds for taste.
Don't you understand that once a gene mutation changes the DNA and gets passed on to a new generation, it is no longer a mutation, but now a part of that organism's DNA and reproduction will always pass it on unless there is a new mutation? Do you get that?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Aug 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Don't you understand that once a gene mutation changes the DNA and gets passed on to a new generation, it is no longer a mutation, but now a part of that organism's DNA and reproduction will always pass it on unless there is a new mutation? Do you get that?
Is that true with everything passed on to the new generation?
Important question, I hope you get it.

T

Moves
17 Aug 18
1 edit

You don't grasp my objections, you have only been suggesting I don't understand the theory.

You have any idea why I'm objecting, why I am saying the process is flawed?

It isn't a religious reason, its a design issue.

If you don't know my reasons for objecting you certainly don't know how they should be presented.
If you understood natural selection, you wouldn't make statements such as the following:
<<There needs to be a method (explain this sorting) in how one is pushed aside and
another is embraced. If this isn't clearly defined all you have is a statement of faith
nothing more. >>

If you understood natural selection, you wouldn't ask questions such as the following:
<<If there are bad mutations introduced, what about them highlights what is good or bad in the DNA? >>

K

Germany

Moves
17 Aug 18

Again you accept the good mutations through time and generations formed eyes, ears,
and so on? Which means a mutation in one generation would have to add to what was
done in a previous generation, correct? Requiring specific mutations types in specific
locations! It would not be a good thing to enhance the eyes ability to taste or smell now
would it, so eyes for seeing, ears for hearing, taste buds for taste.
No. Again, mutations don't "work towards" anything. Natural selection only requires mutations to occur and to be able to affect the phenotype (and hence reproductive success).

When a mutation occurs, it is either beneficial for reproductive success, in which case it will spread throughout the population due to the competitive advantage it confers, or it can be neutral (not affecting reproductive success), or it can be harmful, in which case it is selected against because the organisms that carry them have reduced reproductive success compared to their competitors. It really is quite a simple mechanism, so simple in fact that we noticed it a hundred years before we even knew what DNA is.

Once you understand this mechanism, I am happy to discuss how complex features can result from it.

ENGLAND

Moves
17 Aug 18

No a key piece keeps getting missed.
Really, which piece is that?

ENGLAND

Moves
17 Aug 18

Earlier in this thread you were chastising KellyJay for not getting it after having it explained over and over again, now you have changed tune, why is that?

ENGLAND

Moves
17 Aug 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
KellyJay is caught in a pincer movement of 1950s religious brainwashing and a dire lack of basic biological education.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Aug 18

Is that true with everything passed on to the new generation?
Important question, I hope you get it.
Not sure what you're getting at. If you have a 'gotcha' for me, just go ahead and lay it on me.