Spirituality

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Aug 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Well, use little words.
Explain it in simple terms besides just saying only the good move on!
Come on, this thread is now 36 pages, most of which are you not getting what people have said many, many times, and some in the simplest of terms.

What don't you get?

T

Moves
14 Aug 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Come on, this thread is now 36 pages, most of which are you not getting what people have said many, many times, and some in the simplest of terms.

What don't you get?
From what I can tell, he believes that he fully understands natural selection. As such everything that he reads is interpreted through the lens of what he believes to be true about natural selection. Of course the problem is that he doesn't understand it and is too prideful to admit that he doesn't understand it. As such, he just keeps reiterating his faulty misunderstanding of it.

FWIW, he does this with scripture as well.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Aug 18

What don't you get?
The little details in how this is supposed to happen.
There are either causes and effects, or statements of faith about this process.
So if you want to say well there was an advantage it moves on, great.
That doesn't talk about how the vast majority of the mutations wouldn't move on too
because they are bad. The good and bad show up at the same time, with the bad in
greater numbers, far greater numbers, and the good also have limitations on what they
can and cannot do, or they are not called good, but bad.
There needs to be a method (explain this sorting) in how one is pushed aside and
another is embraced. If this isn't clearly defined all you have is a statement of faith
nothing more.

If there are bad mutations introduced, what about them highlights what is good or bad in
the DNA?

As far as the code is concern, every line is just like any other, there needs to be
some mechanism that can highlight this is good, that is bad, then do this or that.

Suggesting something moves on a little easier than something else, isn't an explanation.
Might as well say the good move on a little easier than something else with all the non
details offered. If you think someone has offered the answer and I missed it, point to the
page, otherwise...

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Aug 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
From what I can tell, he believes that he fully understands natural selection. As such everything that he reads is interpreted through the lens of what he believes to be true about natural selection. Of course the problem is that he doesn't understand it and is too prideful to admit that he doesn't understand it. As such, he just keeps reiterating his faulty misunderstanding of it.

FWIW, he does this with scripture as well.
Details, if you can if not, talk is cheap.

T

Moves
14 Aug 18

Details, if you can if not, talk is cheap.
Read my last post on page 36.

OR read any of the cut-and-pastes that describe the process, links to articles that describe the process, posters explanations that describe the process, etc. that have been presented to you.

You've been presented with detailed explanations. You've been presented with dumbed down explanations as well.

The truth is that you haven't been able to comprehend any of them.

That you continue to blame others instead of accepting your failings clearly demonstrates how much pride rules you. How you are a slave to your pride.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Aug 18

Read my last post on page 36.

OR read any of the cut-and-pastes that describe the process, links to articles that describe the process, posters explanations that describe the process, etc. that have been presented to you.

You've been presented with detailed explanations. You've been presented with dumbed down explanations as well.

The truth is ...[text shortened]... your failings clearly demonstrates how much pride rules you. How you are a slave to your pride.
Point to a detail explanations.
I've looked at the link.
Can you find my questions? Do you know what I'm asking for?
Have you seen detail explanations address my concerns?
Can you answer my questions point blank?

T

Moves
14 Aug 18
1 edit

Point to a detail explanations.
I've looked at the link.
Can you find my questions? Do you know what I'm asking for?
Have you seen detail explanations address my concerns?
Can you answer my questions point blank?
Stop pretending that no one has presented links or cut-and-pastes to detailed explanations. The problem is that YOU haven't understood any of them.

Yes. From what I can tell, everyone has understood your questions. They also understand that in the context of the concept of natural selection, your questions are nonsensical and are evidence of the fact that you have absolutely no understanding of natural selection.

T

Moves
14 Aug 18
1 edit

The little details in how this is supposed to happen.
There are either causes and effects, or statements of faith about this process.
So if you want to say well there was an advantage it moves on, great.
That doesn't talk about how the vast majority of the mutations wouldn't move on too
because they are bad. The good and bad show up at the same time, ...[text shortened]... d. If you think someone has offered the answer and I missed it, point to the
page, otherwise...
There needs to be a method (explain this sorting) in how one is pushed aside and
another is embraced. If this isn't clearly defined all you have is a statement of faith
nothing more.

It has been clearly defined many times on this thread. The problem is that you haven't been able to understand any of the many explanations that have been presented to you. If it's detailed, you get lost in the details. If it's succinct, you are unable to grasp its meaning. The problem is that you have reading comprehension problems.

K

Germany

Moves
14 Aug 18
2 edits

This is more of the same, good move on bad do not.
The details is what I'm asking for, can you describe the process or no?
Perhaps it helps if I illustrate the mechanism using a simplified example.

Consider one million identical asexually reproducing organisms that go through one reproductive cycle. One hundred organisms have a "bad" mutation in their DNA while reproducing (for simplicity consider that these mutations are so bad that their offspring cannot reproduce further). A single organism has a "good" mutation that enhances the reproductive success of its offspring. The others have no or only neutral mutations while reproducing.

What will happen? Clearly, the 100 offspring with "bad" mutations can not reproduce further, and they will disappear after one generation. What happens to the good mutation? It is active in an organism which now has an advantage over its competitors, so that the offspring of this organism will eventually out-compete and replace the remainder of the original one million organisms and their offspring. The "better" the mutation, the faster this will happen.

ENGLAND

Moves
14 Aug 18

What don't you get?
It is my opinion that his furball posts are deliberate and dishonest obfuscation.

ENGLAND

Moves
14 Aug 18
1 edit

This is more of the same, good move on bad do not.
The details is what I'm asking for, can you describe the process or no?
You’ve had it described to you perfectly well umpteen times.

How long are you going to shame yourself with this disingenuous blinky-eyed bottom-of-the-class pretence of not understanding?

ENGLAND

Moves
14 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra

Consider one million identical asexually reproducing organisms that go through one reproductive cycle. One hundred organisms have a "bad" mutation in their DNA while reproducing (for simplicity consider that these mutations are so bad that their offspring cannot reproduce fur ...[text shortened]... e million organisms and their offspring. The "better" the mutation, the faster this will happen.
I think you will find that your use of “asexual” will flummox KellyJay.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Aug 18

[b]There needs to be a method (explain this sorting) in how one is pushed aside and
nothing more.

It has been clearly defined many times on this thread. The problem is that you haven't been able to understand any of the many explanations that have been prese ...[text shortened]... ou are unable to grasp its meaning. The problem is that you have reading comprehension problems.[/b]
Well I've really been only asking a handful of questions, with the replies you have seen
answer this one.

As soon as a mutation occurs, before it does anything good or bad. Will anything react
to it to cause it to be passed along or not?

ENGLAND

Moves
14 Aug 18

As soon as a mutation occurs, before it does anything good or bad. Will anything react to it to cause it to be passed along or not?
Do you know where/how mutations occur?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra

Consider one million identical asexually reproducing organisms that go through one reproductive cycle. One hundred organisms have a "bad" mutation in their DNA while reproducing (for simplicity consider that these mutations are so bad that their offspring cannot reproduce fur ...[text shortened]... e million organisms and their offspring. The "better" the mutation, the faster this will happen.
That does exactly what I have been saying, and it doesn't help your cause. For one, this
shows that once bad mutations come in and they start weeding out life that get them,
there is no recovery for the bad mutations coming in. They die off due to the weaknesses
that were introduced. You then must grapple with the idea that everyone gets them, they
are far outnumbering the ones that could do specific good works, like continue to build an
eye.

You also must keep in mind after abio-genesis that the number of lifeforms would have
been limited, and concentrated into the area they were formed in. A small or large
population that started to get bad mutations, would have greatly reduced numbers as
these mutations come in. Having just a good mutation along with no bad showing up,
well that would be an historically rare event. Yet to not be harmed that is what is required
so the good one could continue a good work, making that even more rare, then even the
next generation would face a new batch that could be good or bad.

This process does not lend itself to the continuation of life over time, especially millions
of years.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.