General

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Sep 20
1 edit

@ponderable said
Am I too late?
I believe that would be the second time you asked that question on this page without an answer.

Well I guess it would make it the previous page now! 😉

-VR

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
15 Sep 20

Thank you for having me.

I will have another cider.

(Will there be the usual suspect to point out that I ordered one before?)

Gothenburg

Moves
15 Sep 20

@ponderable said
Thank you for having me.

I will have another cider.

(Will there be the usual suspect to point out that I ordered one before?)
As many as you want, this tavern is always open.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
15 Sep 20

@torunn said
As many as you want, this tavern is always open.
And if you're pouring, me dear, I'm drinking.

Join me in a libation? 😀

Gothenburg

Moves
15 Sep 20

@earl-of-trumps said

Join me in a libation? 😀
Sure! 🙂

Read a book!

Moves
15 Sep 20

@earl-of-trumps said

Join me in a libation? 😀
Be careful. The cider is made from apples grown in an orchard owned by Liberals.

Gothenburg

Moves
15 Sep 20

@handyandy said
Be careful. The cider is made from apples grown in an orchard owned by Liberals.
… but it tastes the same as any other cider, Andy? 🙂

Read a book!

Moves
15 Sep 20

@torunn said
… but it tastes the same as any other cider, Andy? 🙂
Not always.

Gothenburg

Moves
15 Sep 20

@handyandy said
Not always.
No? I'm hopeless on politics but I would welcome the opportunity to hear your views.

Read a book!

Moves
15 Sep 20
1 edit

@torunn said
No? I'm hopeless on politics but I would welcome the opportunity to hear your views.
I consider myself a moderate, maybe a shade to the left. I lose my patience when I see conservatives aimlessly denouncing Democrats. I firmly believe that Donald Trump is corrupt and totally unfit to be president. I also believe we could learn a lot about government from Sweden and some of its European neighbors.

Gothenburg

Moves
15 Sep 20
2 edits

@handyandy said
I consider myself a moderate, maybe a shade to the left. I lose my patience when I see conservatives denouncing Democrats. I firmly believe that Donald Trump is corrupt and totally unfit to be president. I also believe we could learn a lot about government from Sweden and some of its European neighbors.
I grew up in an environment where nothing was missing. I was born just before the end of the war (where we were not directly involved), and from then on we felt, rightly so I think, that things were steadily, gradually improving. Everything got better. I can't recall when I felt things changing but today's society is not the same, even though I believe, as you, that it is far better than many other places. We just have to be aware of it and take care of it.

Read a book!

Moves
15 Sep 20

@torunn said
I grew up in an environment where nothing was missing. I was born just before the end of the war (where we were not directly involved), and from them on we felt, rightly so I think, that things were steadily, gradually improving. Everything got better. I can't recall when I felt things changing but today's society is not the same, even though I believe, as you, that it is far better than many other places. We just have to be aware of it and take care of it.
Unfortunately, at least in the U.S., a battlefield of hatred has sprung up between political opposites. The future doesn't always seem hopeful.

Gothenburg

Moves
15 Sep 20

@handyandy said
Unfortunately, at least in the U.S., a battlefield of hatred has sprung up between political opposites. The future doesn't always seem hopeful.
Because all people don't always want a peaceful place to live, they don't know what it is worth, what it has cost and how far we have actually come. That view isn't shared by everybody.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
16 Sep 20

In Germany People will tell that there are two Topics not to be mentioned in public: Religion and politics. Not that many people adhere to this.

Gothenburg

Moves
16 Sep 20

@ponderable said
In Germany People will tell that there are two Topics not to be mentioned in public: Religion and politics. Not that many people adhere to this.
That's true, if we want to keep people from turning against each other.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.