Is Ryan even capable of telling a truth?

Is Ryan even capable of telling a truth?

Debates

F

Moves
02 Sep 12

Originally posted by Sleepyguy
Such a giver.
Never mind that. Why doesn't normbenign want what I have to give?

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
02 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
Never mind that. Why doesn't normbenign want what I have to give?
I have no idea why he's engaging with you at all. The standard protocol for dealing with an opinion from a piss ant backwater THOUSANDS OF MILES East of the United States is to chant USA, followed by the phrase "Hope of the Earth" for those stubborn cases. Norm is doing it wrong.

F

Moves
02 Sep 12

Originally posted by Sleepyguy
I have no idea why he's engaging with you at all. The standard protocol for dealing with an opinion from a piss ant backwater THOUSANDS OF MILES East of the United States is to chant USA, followed by the phrase "Hope of the Earth" for those stubborn cases. Norm is doing it wrong.
ELSEWHERE! ELSEWHERE! ELSEWHERE!

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
02 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
ELSEWHERE! ELSEWHERE! ELSEWHERE!
LMAO!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
If normbenign had any sense of forum history at all, he would know that there have been scarcely any regular reputable posters who have used the old 'you're not an American, so what do you know?' chestnut, left wing or right wing, except for a few absolute drongos from time to time. I can't remember a European poster ever using the 'you're not a European, so what do you know' "argument".
DrKF had a nice name for it when he and other posters were doing it: "geographic dislocation". http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=109492&page=27#post_2056135

He's gone, baby!

tinyurl.com/33hzumtu

Moves
02 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
If normbenign had any sense of forum history at all, he would know that there have been scarcely any regular reputable posters who have used the old 'you're not an American, so what do you know?' chestnut, left wing or right wing, except for a few absolute drongos from time to time. I can't remember a European poster ever using the 'you're not a European, so what do you know' "argument".
I told shav once that he couldn't understand us because we're the coolest country on the planet and he's a Euro-weenie.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
02 Sep 12

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I told shav once that he couldn't understand us because we're the coolest country on the planet and he's a Euro-weenie.
This was undoubtedly met with a reference to an organic substance of some kind.

Moves
03 Sep 12

Even Fox News commentators are calling Ryan a liar.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=491137810906164&set=a.429122320441047.103062.429101477109798&type=1&theater

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
03 Sep 12

Originally posted by normbenign
No, if you haven't got it by now, it is hopeless for me to try to explain a totally simple concept that a five year old would get.
What you are not understanding(well one of the things you are not understanding) is that the vast majority of the issues being discussed under the banner of US election are political/economic questions that are relevant in the vast majority political economies around the world.

Also the idea that you have to physically live in the US or any country in order to follow and grasp the political debate to the extent of being able to offer an opinion is exactly the sort of ignorant stance that encourages people to comment regardless of where they live.

As usual with you norm, if a shallow platitude wont get the job done, then why not try aggression.

d

Moves
03 Sep 12

Originally posted by Kunsoo

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=491137810906164&set=a.429122320441047.103062.429101477109798&type=1&theater
Of course he's a liar, he's a politician. You act like you're telling people something they don't know. The marathon issue is just as stupid as the Obama 57 states issue. It was a slip, big deal. The real issue is whose lies you want to believe.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by Kunsoo

Dammed if I'll sign up to Facebook to read a cut and paste attack. Ryan is first attacked over Janesville where his story is entirely true. Then off the wall accusations about his marathon time? Who cares? I know one guy in Indonesia who will not vote for him.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by kevcvs57
What you are not understanding(well one of the things you are not understanding) is that the vast majority of the issues being discussed under the banner of US election are political/economic questions that are relevant in the vast majority political economies around the world.

Also the idea that you have to physically live in the US or any country in or ...[text shortened]... usual with you norm, if a shallow platitude wont get the job done, then why not try aggression.
No, I follow that people around the world are concerned with the US. What goes down here inevitably effects the rest of the planet.

Of course you don't have to live here, but doing so helps. In golf, they call it local knowledge. What's over the hill. How far to the bunkers. Anyone can comment, but it has been repeatedly demonstrated with the particular poster, that he doesn't know and doesn't care that he doesn't know.

I don't deal with either shallow platitudes, or aggression.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
04 Sep 12

No, I follow that people around the world are concerned with the US. What goes down here inevitably effects the rest of the planet.

Of course you don't have to live here, but doing so helps. In golf, they call it local knowledge. What's over the hill. How far to the bunkers. Anyone can comment, but it has been repeatedly demonstrated with the part ...[text shortened]... care that he doesn't know.

I don't deal with either shallow platitudes, or aggression.
For someone who doesn't "deal with either shallow platitudes, or aggression", you sure dish them out. In fact, toss in lies and your posts are little else.

F

Moves
04 Sep 12

Of course you don't have to live here, but doing so helps. In golf, they call it local knowledge. What's over the hill. How far to the bunkers. Anyone can comment, but it has been repeatedly demonstrated with the particular poster, that he doesn't know and doesn't care that he doesn't know.
I often find myself in agreement with several of the American posters here. How is their "golf"?

He's gone, baby!

tinyurl.com/33hzumtu

Moves
04 Sep 12

I don't play golf but I bought a blackthorn shilleleagh and I bet I could play shinty with it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.