Prayreading the Word

Prayreading the Word

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jun 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
You did not read what I wrote, and no I do not agree with you.
Lets move on.
I'm not the only one your insulting each time your words disgrace Christ's people.
As you wish I'll drop it here, until you do it again more than likely.

rc

Moves
22 Jun 16
2 edits

Originally posted by KellyJay
I've given my word to a few posters here that if they continued saying something we would
no longer have conversations. They continued and I'm keeping my word, I've had to say
sorry a few times for gong back on that accidently when I thought I was posting to
someone else. There isn't any unforgiveness towards them I pray for them and hold no
hard feelings, but I will keep my word.
you will pray for them? you condescending hypocritical white washed grave! the only person you need to pray for is yourself!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 Jun 16

I'm not the only one your insulting each time your words disgrace Christ's people.
As you wish I'll drop it here, until you do it again more than likely.
This is for your own benefit. You have a few loose screws. Try tightening them.

Paul spoke of evil Christians many times. How is that an insult to Christ is known only to you. It makes no sense, neither will I try to understand your logic .. not going there.

Here is Paul on a sinful brother in Christ:

I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person. (1 Corinthians 5:9-13 KJV)

Pauls advise was to put them out of the church and let God judge them.

Professed Christians come in all types. Not all Christians are of Christ.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 Jun 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you will pray for them? you condescending hypocritical white washed grave! the only person you need to pray for is yourself!
And they say Im not nice 😀

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jun 16

This is for your own benefit. You have a few loose screws. Try tightening them.

Paul spoke of evil Christians many times. How is that an insult to Christ is known only to you. It makes no sense, neither will I try to understand your logic .. not going there.

Here is Paul on a sinful brother in Christ:

[i]I wrote unto you in an epistle not to compan ...[text shortened]... let God judge them.

Please show me the scripture where Paul said evil Christian! Paul called them according
to the sin not according to being a Christian.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jun 16

I'll give you this, I think you are a true believe in your views, and I don't think you are mean
spirited just to be mean spirited as some are as a rule.

rc

Moves
22 Jun 16
1 edit

dude that was the edited version, condescending self righteous contemptible smug Pharisee, I'll pray for them??? He will go to his God and pray for them but he cannot even talk to them? My goodness that needs serious serious reflection to get a grip on just how far removed from the Christ it really is. Here is a Kelly Jay model prayer

Oh father in heaven I pray that I am not like these other accursed infidels to whom I condescend to pray to you on their measly behalf. Now I know you are not finished with them yet but I am having completely washed my hands of them, they have no potential and will always be accursed, but I am so holy and sanctified so I approach you to petition you on their behalf. Please help them all you can for they are an accursed people, your friend the perfect and Holy one - KellyJay.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jun 16

Rajk999 repeats his greatest concern yet again for every thread -

Now here is a good verse to prayread about this matter - Second Timothy 2:9.
Here's how I might prayread this verse in light of verse about genuine Christians, etc.

First you read it. They you go back over it, piece by piece in personalized prayer.
IE.

"However the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, The Lord knows those who are His, and, Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from unrighteousness."

Amen Lord! The FIRM foundation .... Thankyou Lord. The foundation is FIRM. Praise You.

... the foundation of God Amen! Lord Jesus we stand on THE foundation. Amen Lord Jesus this is the foundation of God. God's foundation. Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord for God's foundation ... God's standing foundation. God's FIRM foundation.

Amen. The Lord know those who are His .. . Amen Lord Jesus. You know WHO are Yours. Lord we may make a mistake. But YOU Know. Praise the Lord Jesus. The Lord knows those who are His. Amen Lord. It is so good TO BE YOURS ... Lord.

Hallelujah! Lord Jesus I am YOURS. The Lord KNOWS those who are His. Lord Jesus I am Yours. You KNOW that I am YOURS Lord. Amen.

Let everyone ... Amen Lord 0- E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E. Hallelujah Lord. I am an "everyone". Lord Jesus I am one of the everyone.

"Let EVERYONG who names the name of the Lord ..." Amen Lord Jesus! I name YOUR name Lord Jesus. Praise You Lord that I could name YOUR name. Lord Jesus I declare to the whole universe - I name YOUR name. Amen

Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from unrighteousness" Amen Lord. I say Amen to You Lord. Strengthen me to depart. Strengthen me to DEPART from unrighteousness. Lord today may I DEPART from unrighteousness. O Lord Jesus shine on any unrighteousness in my living today Lord. Lord I want to depart from unrighteousness.

Praise You God. You know WHO is Yours. And everyone who names You should depart from unrighteousness. Thankyou Lord.

You Know I am Yours. And Lord empower me to depart from everything unrighteous in my living. I want to live Christ. I want Christ to live in me. Amen."

This is how I would perhaps spend time to masticate, digest, eat, and muse in prayer over this important passage.

rc

Moves
22 Jun 16

Originally posted by sonship
Rajk999 repeats his greatest concern yet again for every thread -

Now here is a good verse to prayread about this matter - [b] Second Timothy 2:9
Here's how I might prayread ...[text shortened]... ld perhaps spend time to masticate, digest, eat, and muse in prayer over this important passage.[/b]
I dont think thats what Joshua had in mind when the inspired word records that he read in an undertone day and night. You seem to have gone off the scale.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 Jun 16

Please show me the scripture where Paul said evil Christian! Paul called them according
to the sin not according to being a Christian.
Paul never used the expression 'evil Christian'.
Is that the issue?

Did Paul not call the sinner a brother, and suggested that he be removed from the church?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jun 16

Paul never used the expression 'evil Christian'.
Is that the issue?

Did Paul not call the sinner a brother, and suggested that he be removed from the church?
Yes, he called sinners out by their sins he did not call them out using a term reserved for
those that have been made righteous by God. Those serving the Lord were to remove them
from the church not proclaim they were equals with them by suggesting they were part of
the body of Christ.

r

Moves
23 Jun 16
1 edit

So, why isn't this word in the Bible?

[b]Reading
is in the Bible. And Praying is in the Bible.

We just compounded the two words together - prayread.

Throughout Christian history many Christians have in their own words spoken of the benefit they derived from praying over and with the words of the Bible.
...[text shortened]... ading me. Stop listening to me. Go away and do not participate in this discussion then. Goodbye.[/b]
Generally I don't read you because empty words do not impress me even if they are many.
Your long posts are boring.
Have you heard the expression, "a diarrhea of words and a constipation of ideas"?
If you learn to be more concise you will have more people read your opinions.
(Proverbs 10:19) When words are many, transgression cannot be avoided, But whoever controls his lips acts discreetly.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jun 16

Originally posted by roigam
Generally I don't read you because empty words do not impress me even if they are many.
Have you heard the expression, "a diarrhea of words and a constipation of ideas"?
If you learn to be more concise you will have more people read your opinions.
I said "Goodbye".

r

Moves
23 Jun 16
2 edits

I said "Goodbye".
Afraid?
No need to be. I'm a marshmallow.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jun 16
1 edit

Psalm 119:36 shows David praying that God would INCLINE his heart to God's testimonies.

"Incline My heart unto Your testimonies, and not to covetousness."

Praying in the word of God is a good way to INCLINE the heart toward God and His word. Prayer with His word calibrates the heart to God and intentions the soul to be obedient.

David further says -

"I have inclined mine heart to perform thy statutes always, even unto the end." (v. 112)

Prayers of consecration while reading the word are effective to focus the being on obeying God. And grace from God flows to the one praying God's word with a heart to live unto God.

Prayreading helps to incline the heart towards the word of God. We need to ASK the Lord Jesus to incline our heart to God. And we need to exercise our praying spirit to bring our heart back to the word of God. Prayreading is good for developing a sound heart towards God and a heart inclined towards God's word.