A dead human spirit

A dead human spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
20 Feb 22

@josephw said
That's a lie.
No, it's not.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Feb 22

@divegeester said
“If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.”
Rev 14:9-10

This is a lie is it?
Are you suffering from cognitive dissonance?

What sort of moron would quote a verse of scripture and then ask me if it's a lie?

ENGLAND

Moves
20 Feb 22

@josephw said
Are you suffering from cognitive dissonance?

What sort of moron would quote a verse of scripture and then ask me if it's a lie?
@fmf said
And yet the only thing you have ever referred to as the "perfect" morality has been the torture in burning flames for eternity of non-believers/unforgiven.

@jospehw replied
That's a lie

@josephw How would you interpret Revelation 14:10???

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Feb 22

@fmf said
No, it's not.
You said, speaking to sonship, "And yet the only thing you have ever referred to as the "perfect" morality has been the torture in burning flames for eternity of non-believers/unforgiven."

You're saying sonship said or inferred that "the "perfect" morality has been the torture in burning flames for eternity of non-believers/unforgiven."

Provide the quote or at least something to prove that.

And if it's true, that sonship said that, then I'd have to say there's just something not right about that idea.

Which isn't to say that God isn't just when He punishes a Christ rejecting world.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Feb 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
@fmf said
And yet the only thing you have ever referred to as the "perfect" morality has been the torture in burning flames for eternity of non-believers/unforgiven.

@jospehw replied
That's a lie

@josephw How would you interpret Revelation 14:10???
You better read what FMF said. Are you drunk?

F

Moves
20 Feb 22

@josephw said
You said, speaking to sonship, "And yet the only thing you have ever referred to as the "perfect" morality has been the torture in burning flames for eternity of non-believers/unforgiven."You're saying sonship said or inferred that "the "perfect" morality has been the torture in burning flames for eternity of non-believers/unforgiven."
Yes. He has referred to it as the "perfect morality" repeatedly.

F

Moves
20 Feb 22

@josephw said
Provide the quote or at least something to prove that.
No.

F

Moves
20 Feb 22

@josephw said
if it's true, that sonship said that, then I'd have to say there's just something not right about that idea.
The whole theology of being tortured in burning flames for eternity is morally incoherent.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Feb 22

@fmf said
No.
If you can't prove it, then as far as I'm concerned you're just making it up.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Feb 22

@fmf said
The whole theology of being tortured in burning flames for eternity is morally incoherent.
It would seem so to the incoherent.

F

Moves
20 Feb 22

@josephw said
If you can't prove it, then as far as I'm concerned you're just making it up.
Oh no! You're not going to suddenly start aiming flippant, vacuous, sneering remarks at me now as a result, are you? Heaven forbid!

ENGLAND

Moves
20 Feb 22

@josephw said
You better read what FMF said. Are you drunk?
Try not to get abusive if you can.

How do you interpret Revelation 14:10 Josephw?

ENGLAND

Moves
20 Feb 22
2 edits

While we wait for Josephw…

My hypothesis here is that he is caught in the dilemma of wanting to assert that Revelation 14:10 is literal, but simultaneously wanting to refute that vast quantities of non Christians will be burnt alive in the lake of fire by the Lamb (Jesus).

He therefore needs to come up with an alternative interpretation, and in doing so Josephw will inadvertently prove that the Bible is open to interpretation.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Feb 22

@fmf said
Oh no! You're not going to suddenly start aiming flippant, vacuous, sneering remarks at me now as a result, are you? Heaven forbid!
Look who's talking.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Try not to get abusive if you can.

How do you interpret Revelation 14:10 Josephw?
Says what it means and means what it says.