What are you reading?

What are you reading?

General

Moves
23 Feb 16

At the moment, other people's answers to the question.

l

Moves
23 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
At the moment, other people's answers to the question.
I would have liked to try more of the books people recommend here but unfortunately many of them are not translated into Swedish and will never be and that makes reading them much harder for me.

I can however recommend a book by Mark Haddon which I read a couple of years ago: 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time' - a lovely book about a very special boy, Christopher Boone.

N

Moves
23 Feb 16

To Kill a Mockingbird
Coincidentally, I began reading just before Harper Lee's death.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Feb 16

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
To Kill a Mockingbird
Coincidentally, I began reading just before Harper Lee's death.
Now it will probably be made into a musical.....

Moves
23 Feb 16

Originally posted by lolof
I would have liked to try more of the books people recommend here but unfortunately many of them are not translated into Swedish and will never be and that makes reading them much harder for me.

I can however recommend a book by Mark Haddon which I read a couple of years ago: 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time' - a lovely book about a very special boy, Christopher Boone.
However, even though I'm not currently reading it, because I finished it a few weeks ago, Sweden has given us the wonderfully funny Little Old Lady books.

I discovered The Little Old Lady Strikes Lucky Again, which had me literally laughing out loud, full of sparkling wit. Translated from the Swedish, every page was a delight.

I'm looking forward to reading the initial book, in which she struck lucky for the first time!

N

Moves
23 Feb 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
Now it will probably be made into a musical.....
And it will all be my fault! 😉

l

Moves
23 Feb 16

Originally posted by Startreader
However, even though I'm not currently reading it, because I finished it a few weeks ago, Sweden has given us the wonderfully funny Little Old Lady books.

I discovered The Little Old Lady Strikes Lucky Again, which had me literally laughing out loud, full of sparkling wit. Translated from the Swedish, every page was a delight.

I'm looking forward to reading the initial book, in which she struck lucky for the first time!
Little Old Lady books - new to me, thank you! 🙂

Moves
23 Feb 16

Little Old Lady books - new to me, thank you! 🙂
By Catharina Ingelmann-Sundberg.

And in the original Swedish too! 🙂

l

Moves
24 Feb 16

By Catharina Ingelmann-Sundberg.

And in the original Swedish too! 🙂
I will get it right away.

rc

Moves
24 Feb 16

King Charles II - Antonia Frazer

F

Moves
24 Feb 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I suggest you take a moment to read the apology you wrote on page 271 of Thread 166701. 😉

Moves
24 Feb 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
The reign of Charles II is fascinating. During those years England made huge strides in science and medicine, and you can feel the country collectively breathing a huge sigh of relief now that it was freed from the constraints of Cromwell and the Puritans.

You might like to dip into David Ogg's England in the Reign of Charles II. Or, for a brilliant light read, An Instance of the Fingerpost, by Iain Pears, a first class historical crime thriller that paints a very good picture of what life was like in England after the Restoration of the Monarchy.

rc

Moves
24 Feb 16
1 edit

The reign of Charles II is fascinating. During those years England made huge strides in science and medicine, and you can feel the country collectively breathing a huge sigh of relief now that it was freed from the constraints of Cromwell and the Puritans.

You might like to dip into David Ogg's England in the Reign of Charles II. Or, for a brilliant ...[text shortened]... ints a very good picture of what life was like in England after the Restoration of the Monarchy.
Yes he is much more interesting than his father. He has just managed by some amazing good fortune and the help of Royalist Catholics to escape the British isles disguised as a servant after his defeat in Warwickshire. He is now languishing on the continent amidst not a little poverty and no one is really willing to help him. He loathed Scotland and most of the Scots and who can blame him, listening to all those Presbyterian/Covenanter long winded speeches. The rouges even banned the playing of the fiddle, can you imagine that?

Thankyou for the recommendations, i will check the library catalogue.

Moves
24 Feb 16

I will get it right away.
Hope you love it as much as I do!

Let me know! 🙂

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
27 Feb 16

After finishing the Tiger's wife, which I found very well I am now in
Alphabet house by Adler Olson
a disturbing story

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.