Welcome to the weekend.

Welcome to the weekend.

General

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
03 Jun 23

Sunshine is forecast here and I’m off to a big family gathering with lawn games and kadai barbecue.

What will you be doing?

F

Moves
03 Jun 23

@divegeester said
Sunshine is forecast here and I’m off to a big family gathering with lawn games and kadai barbecue.

What will you be doing?
I will be translating an article for an academic journal, making a couple of radio programmes, listening to what remains of the Test match at Lords, catching up on a few podcasts that I have neglected this last week, and preparing a lecture I have to give at Universitas Islam Indonesia on Friday. I have also promised to cook a curry - most likely later today but maybe tomorrow.

IP

Moves
03 Jun 23

I'll be writing Chapter 4 of Part XVI of the 'Ordinary People' series, attempting to control Connie and Roxy, two 11 week old puppies we kept after Ruby (Tuesday) gave birth, and generally trying to survive a heatwave which currently prevails over North Sulawesi.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
03 Jun 23

I am going to Bulgaria tomorrow with a pal. Will be lying by the pool getting squiffy.

Moves
03 Jun 23

Praying for rain, though not until after my round of golf tomorrow. Chances for rain, something we haven’t seen for a while here, is not looking very promising but having said that it’s meant that the lawns haven’t need cutting. Clouds/silver linings.👍

Gothenburg

Moves
03 Jun 23

We celebrate Gothenburg 400 years, with the royal family visiting this weekend, and the the national day 6th June - lots of festivities 4-6th.

Moves
03 Jun 23

@torunn said
We celebrate Gothenburg 400 years, with the royal family visiting this weekend, and the the national day 6th June - lots of festivities 4-6th.
Is the weather conducive to outdoor activities?🤞

Gothenburg

Moves
03 Jun 23

@great-big-stees said
Is the weather conducive to outdoor activities?🤞
Very nice weather, suitable for the occasion.
My grandson who lives in Sundsvall pays us one of his very rare visits - combined business and family - also something to celebrate. 🙂

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
03 Jun 23

gonna rebuild a briggs carburetor, sharpen the mower blades, cut the immortal rye grass, smoke a few polish sausages, write a poetry infused novel, solve world hunger, and trim my toenails
the dogs may get a bath, but that sounds like work

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
03 Jun 23

@great-big-stees said
Praying for rain, though not until after my round of golf tomorrow. Chances for rain, something we haven’t seen for a while here, is not looking very promising but having said that it’s meant that the lawns haven’t need cutting. Clouds/silver linings.👍
We got some rain over night GBS, so your prayers worked we need more too I think last count we had 4 wild fires out of control. 151 Families have lost their homes close to where I live and another 50 plus down the Southern Tip of Nova Scotia. Prayers go out to everyone for their lost they spent a lifetime building.

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Jun 23

@fmf said
I will be translating an article for an academic journal, making a couple of radio programmes, listening to what remains of the Test match at Lords, catching up on a few podcasts that I have neglected this last week, and preparing a lecture I have to give at Universitas Islam Indonesia on Friday. I have also promised to cook a curry - most likely later today but maybe tomorrow.
I'll be joining the Yakuza later today.

F

Moves
04 Jun 23

@suzianne said
I'll be joining the Yakuza later today.
Don't be a silly billy. Non-Japanese can't join the Yakuza, unless you're an ethnic Korean joining one of their affiliates.

G

Moves
04 Jun 23

My wife's making kraut burgers. I think it's the same thing as bierocks.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
04 Jun 23

@gambrel said
My wife's making kraut burgers. I think it's the same thing as bierocks.
LOL...IF you haven't told her yet, I'd hold off on that one.

-VR

F

Moves
04 Jun 23

@the-gravedigger said
I am going to Bulgaria tomorrow with a pal. Will be lying by the pool getting squiffy.
I do hope you're not going to do an Andew Tate while you are there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.