The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Moves
131d

@Very-Rusty said
Stees actually you are older than I am. I don't know about torunn but my children and their children must have been busier than yours, shall we say. 🙂

-VR
I would have thought they were less busy.🤔😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
131d

@Great-Big-Stees said
I would have thought they were less busy.🤔😉
I am sure I don't have to spell it out to you. 😛 🙂

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
131d

@Very-Rusty said
Stees actually you are older than I am. I don't know about torunn but my children and their children must have been busier than yours, shall we say. 🙂

-VR
It often happens that families follow the same social culture and traditions. My mother was 25 when she had me, I was 21 when I had my first daughter, she was 22 when she had her first daughter and so on. I was a grandmother the first time at 43 - it truly has kept me busy. 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
131d

@Torunn said
It often happens that families follow the same social culture and traditions. My mother was 25 when she had me, I was 21 when I had my first daughter, she was 22 when she had her first daughter and so on. I was a grandmother the first time at 43 - it truly has kept me busy. 🙂
Yes, I was only 24 when my ex-wife had our first, young and cocky....Now I am older but still a bit cocky at times. 🙂

-VR

Moves
131d

@Very-Rusty said
Yes, I was only 24 when my ex-wife had our first, young and cocky....Now I am older but still a bit cocky at times. 🙂

-VR
I was the reverse (42) when we, my ex and I, had our first…we practiced a lot.😲

Gothenburg

Moves
130d

@Great-Big-Stees said
Grandchildren and great-grandchildren keep us young at heart, no time for self-indulgence. 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
130d
2 edits

@Great-Big-Stees said
42 is a late start, I had a lot more practice at 24, at least that is when we had our first born. Lots of practice before that too! 🙂 My God the time flies so fast! You probably were a lot more mature than me at 42 but I am sure I had more stamina at 24....LOL.... 🙂 Lots of fun growing up with them too, I am sure we all made lots of mistakes along the way.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
130d

@Very-Rusty said
42 is a late start, I had a lot more practice at 24, at least that is when we had our first born. Lots of practice before that too! 🙂 My God the time flies so fast! You probably were a lot more mature than me at 42 but I am sure I had more stamina at 24....LOL.... 🙂 Lots of fun growing up with them too, I am sure we all made lots of mistakes along the way.

-VR
If we have forgotten, our children will be happy to remind us. 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
130d

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
130d

@Torunn said
If we have forgotten, our children will be happy to remind us. 🙂
LOL...Yes and gloatingly so too! 🙂

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
130d

@Very-Rusty said
LOL...Yes and gloatingly so too! 🙂

-VR
I have accepted their points of view - if they feel that I have failed at times, then that is their truth. I may look differently at it, but that's only my point of view. I must accept that.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
130d

@Torunn said
I have accepted their points of view - if they feel that I have failed at times, then that is their truth. I may look differently at it, but that's only my point of view. I must accept that.
As they grow older they may look at things in an entirely different way. When I was young I didn't think my father knew what he was talking about. Turned out I was too young and inexperienced at the time to grasp what he was saying, was for my own good. I am confident I did the best I could with my children, spoiling the Grand children and Great Grand-children as that is my Job. 🙂 😉

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
130d

@Very-Rusty said
As they grow older they may look at things in an entirely different way. When I was young I didn't think my father knew what he was talking about. Turned out I was too young and inexperienced at the time to grasp what he was saying, was for my own good. I am confident I did the best I could with my children, spoiling the Grand children and Great Grand-children as that is my Job. 🙂 😉

-VR
I agree, I did the best I could but I understand now that my children - especially my youngest daughter - needed more than I could give.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
130d

@Torunn said
I agree, I did the best I could but I understand now that my children - especially my youngest daughter - needed more than I could give.
I wouldn't kick myself over it. You did the best you could at the time I am sure.

-VR

Moves
130d

@Very-Rusty said
I wouldn't kick myself over it. You did the best you could at the time I am sure.

-VR
As hindsight is always 20/20. Thankfully most of us do “the right thing” from the beginning or at least manage not to make too many mistakes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.