The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
210d
1 edit

@torunn saidAnd I am not a feminist in any way, never was. I believe in equality as far as possible, that's all.
Ok I see.

You saying this sits incongruously with your comment about liking it when man allows allows to win, that’s all.

Gothenburg

Moves
210d

@divegeester said
Ok I see.

You saying this sits incongruously with your comment about liking it when man allows allows to win, that’s all.
It was a joke, but in unrated games between a competent chess player and one who isn't, there would only be lost games for me and how fun is that after a while. Earl might play unrated games with a male player too and let him win, I don't know. As I said, I was making a bit of a joke, don't make too much of it. And I honestly don't care of you think I had a sexist approach.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
210d

@torunn said
I am old, Dive and I like polite men, and he is old too I believe. Also I experience young men and women offering me a seat on the bus, they clearly see me as an old woman and I'm comfortable with that.
I like polite men too, and women and kids too. A group of youngsters let me take the spare seat on a busy train once but what I mainly experience more is young female shop assistants addressing me as ‘Lovie’ as if I’m their ‘Nan’. It makes me feel they see me as some stooped, deaf old lady with a worn out shopping bag 😂

Gothenburg

Moves
210d
1 edit

@drewnogal said
I like polite men too, and women and kids too. A group of youngsters let me take the spare seat on a busy train once but what I mainly experience more is young female shop assistants addressing me as ‘Lovie’ as if I’m their ‘Nan’. It makes me feel they see me as some stooped, deaf old lady with a worn out shopping bag 😂
I tried to find a good face moisturizer, the young shop assistant pointed to one of the brands and said it was the best choice for women - and she was about to continue 'your age' - but politely changed it to 'women our age', and she was about 30 years younger than me. 🙂

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
210d

@torunn said
It was a joke
I see.

Moves
210d

@divegeester said
I see.
A bit late though.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
210d

@torunn said
I tried to find a good face moisturizer, the young shop assistant pointed to one of the brands and said it was the best choice for women - and she was about to continue 'your age' - but politely changed it to 'women our age', and she was about 30 years younger than me. 🙂
Bet she thought you looked fab!
I learned all about Crème de la Mer on the radio yesterday, the world’s wonder cream. A pot costs the same as a short holiday.

Gothenburg

Moves
210d
1 edit

@drewnogal said
Bet she thought you looked fab!
I learned all about Crème de la Mer on the radio yesterday, the world’s wonder cream. A pot costs the same as a short holiday.
I looked it up - 2,270 SEK for 30 ml. !! I think it is good though but so is a holiday.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
210d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
A bit late though.
How so?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
210d

Gooster, stop being a donkey! 🙂

-VR

Moves
210d

@very-rusty said
Gooster, stop being a donkey! 🙂

-VR
A small black coffee please and some hay for the donkey.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
210d

Eeyore ways calls me that!

Moves
210d

@torunn said
When I bought my latest cell phone (a flip phone, about 4 years ago) the young salesperson tried to cell me the latest and greatest “smart” phone, when I told him I just wanted a phone (flip phone please) he said that his granddad had one. By the look of him I could have been his great granddad.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
210d
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
When I bought my latest cell phone (a flip phone, about 4 years ago) the young salesperson tried to cell me the latest and greatest “smart” phone, when I told him I just wanted a phone (flip phone please) he said that his granddad had one. By the look of him I could have been his great granddad.
I knew I must be looking older when young men started holding the door open for me and calling me Sir! 🙂 Of course many of them looked like they didn't need to shave yet. 🙂

EDIT: Oh yes, check out 'Meeting posters in the real world' you may know something about this and your name is mentioned.

-VR

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
210d

@very-rusty said
I only can wish you would be so kind to me in our games! 😛 🙂

-VR
I got to get cracking on getting that game that you beat me published with annotations. If it's the last thing that I do lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.