The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
210d

@torunn said
He is kind to ladies, let's me win or draw most of our games, a true gentleman.
That’s quite an archaic perspective of how men should treat women.

Gothenburg

Moves
210d

@divegeester said
I am old, Dive and I like polite men, and he is old too I believe. Also I experience young men and women offering me a seat on the bus, they clearly see me as an old woman and I'm comfortable with that.

Moves
210d

@divegeester said
Why edit out the emoji at the end of her post, indicating the jollity of the content?

Do you 'really' thing Torunn believes a gentlemen should let women win at games?

Moves
210d

@torunn said
I am old, Dive and I like polite men, and he is old too I believe. Also I experience young men and women offering me a seat on the bus, they clearly see me as an old woman and I'm comfortable with that.
Politeness is one of the great joys of life.

Gothenburg

Moves
210d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Politeness is one of the great joys of life.
Style and class.

About Earl, we play unrated games, we play so that we can chat and have been doing so for some years. If winning against me mattered to him, he would take every game.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
210d
1 edit

@torunn said
Style and class.

About Earl, we play unrated games, we play so that we can chat and have been doing so for some years. If winning against me mattered to him, he would take every game.
That is one of the pleasures of life: to have a good time.
I am not envying anyone who only enjoys a game wihile winning.

Oh and another cup of Fennel tea please.

Gothenburg

Moves
210d

@ponderable said
I am not envying anyone who only enjoys a game wihile winning.

Oh and another cup of Fennel tea please.
Coming right up, Pondy.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
210d

@torunn said
Coming right up, Pondy.
Thank you, you certainly also a great example of being very polite and thus an asset to any group.

Gothenburg

Moves
210d

@ponderable said
Thank you, you certainly also a great example of being very polite and thus an asset to any group.
For that you will have a refill. 🙂

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
210d

@torunn said
Personally I don’t see what age has to do with it; letting a female win something in order to be seen as being polite seems like an odd sexist perspective to me.

Giving up a seat to an elderly person is indeed considerate.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
210d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Do you 'really' thing Torunn believes a gentlemen should let women win at games?
If Torunn was making it up then she can say so. I’m being polite at taking her at her word.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
210d

@ponderable said
Some deep wisdom there Ponderable.

Gothenburg

Moves
210d

@divegeester said
Personally I don’t see what age has to do with it; letting a female win something in order to be seen as being polite seems like an odd sexist perspective to me.

Giving up a seat to an elderly person is indeed considerate.
I was merely joking a bit, Dive - feminism or sexism has nothing to do with it. And I am not a feminist in any way, never was. I believe in equality as far as possible, that's all.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
210d
1 edit

@torunn said
I was merely joking a bit, Dive - feminism or sexism has nothing to do with it. And I am not a feminist in any way, never was. I believe in equality as far as possible, that's all.
Joking, “a bit”.

Irrespective of that. I think it is an archaic sexist attitude if a women expects a man to allow them to win at something in order to be kind and/or polite.

Gothenburg

Moves
210d

@divegeester said
Joking, “a bit”.

Irrespective of that. I think it is an archaic sexist attitude if a women expects a man to allow them to win at something in order to be kind and/or polite.
So you said and I have no problem with that. It is your opinion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.