Originally posted by Ironstar
Why don't you?
I thought you were a Christian. "My kingdom is not of this world."

Hmmm . . .

Moves
16 Sep 06
2 edits

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Pharmacists refusing to dispense abortifacients and adoption agencies refusing to place children with same-sex couples.

EDIT: Perhaps, some day, ministers refusing to marry same-sex couples.

EDIT2: Not directly, but religious agencies who refuse to provide medical insurance coverage for procedures like abortion.
EDIT: Perhaps, some day, ministers refusing to marry same-sex couples.

Can you say “church-state separation”? 🙂 Under what circumstances, if any, would you support the state telling clergy of any religion who they may/may not marry?

I

Club 64

Moves
16 Sep 06
1 edit

Originally posted by kirksey957
I thought you were a Christian. "My kingdom is not of this world."
Didn't mean it like that.....
The Christian people should never separate themselves from the world...How then will people get saved?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
16 Sep 06

Didn't mean it like that.....
The Christian people should never separate themselves from the world...How then will people get saved?
For you, what does "one nation under God" mean?

I

Club 64

Moves
17 Sep 06

For you, what does "one nation under God" mean?
"One nation, under the authority and protection of God". We've lasted this long and God has blessed us immensely as a country, probably because we accept his authority over us.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
17 Sep 06

"One nation, under the authority and protection of God". We've lasted this long and God has blessed us immensely as a country, probably because we accept his authority over us.
So things like posting the Ten Commandments in public places like court houses would also represent God's authority over us?

He's gone, baby!

tinyurl.com/33hzumtu

Moves
17 Sep 06

We didn't "accept his authority" until 1954. We should never have tied the Pledge of Allegiance to religion.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
17 Sep 06

What a load of crap. Many Muslim countries have lasted many many times longer than the US has existed. Does that mean that Allah is more true than the Christian God? By your logic it sure does.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
17 Sep 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
What a load of crap. Many Muslim countries have lasted many many times longer than the US has existed. Does that mean that Allah is more true than the Christian God? By your logic it sure does.
Yes, but the US has running water, air conditioning and breast implants.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
17 Sep 06

And therefore blessed by God...

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
17 Sep 06

Originally posted by Nemesio
And therefore blessed by God...
OK, seriously, I think the biblical injunction has to do with obedience, mercy, and justice. "What does the Lord require?" It does not say anything about posting pledges or reciting empty words.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
17 Sep 06

So does Japan. The Christian population of Japan is only around 1%.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
17 Sep 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
So does Japan. The Christian population of Japan is only around 1%.
Japan is still lacking in breast implants, IMHO.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
17 Sep 06

OK, seriously, I think the biblical injunction has to do with obedience, mercy, and justice. "What does the Lord require?" It does not say anything about posting pledges or reciting empty words.
I'd have to think about it...but I'm not sure I was kidding 😀

N

The sky

Moves
17 Sep 06

So if the Americans would change the Pledge of Allegiance back to the original version, God would punish them by giving them fewer breast implants. Did I get this right? It makes sense, because before the words "under God" were added, breast implants were not available.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.