No true atheist ever would........

No true atheist ever would........

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Apr 07

Originally posted by NimzovichLarsen
just admit you are wrong saying Buddhism is older than references to God.
Here's what I said, jerkwad:

However, it's worth stating that the belief that the universe and all in it are one is a part of Hindu, Buddhist and Taoist belief systems all of which pre-date Christianity by many hundreds of years and hundreds of millions of people still adhere to these beliefs.

That statement is 100% correct.

N

cube# 6484

Moves
18 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
Here's what I said, jerkwad:

However, it's worth stating that the belief that the universe and all in it are one is a part of Hindu, Buddhist and Taoist belief systems all of which [b]pre-date Christianity
by many hundreds of years and hundreds of millions of people still adhere to these beliefs.

That statement is 100% correct.[/b]
I wasn't talking about Christianity, I was talking about the belief that a God created the universe. Buddhism does not pre-date those who believed in God (i.e. Moses, who is much older than any of the religions you mentioned). The belief in a "God" is much older, thus you are wrong stupid.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Apr 07
1 edit

I wasn't talking about Christianity, I was talking about the belief that a God created the universe. Buddhism does not pre-date those who believed in God (i.e. Moses, who is much older than any of the religions you mentioned). The belief in a "God" is much older, thus you are wrong stupid.
A) Please point to where I said something "wrong" as you claimed. You do concede the statement I quoted above is factually true, don't you? If not, you are a nitwit and/or a liar;

B) Check this link. http://www.godmandir.com/his.htm Rigvedic mantras were being composed in 6000 BC. The traditional dates for Hinduism range from 3000 BC to 1500 BC. Even that latest date is hundreds of years before Moses;

C) What belief system came first is unknowable but it seems highly unlikely that it was a monotheistic God. And it doesn't matter anyway; the antiquity of a belief is irrelevant to its truth (people believed the Earth was flat before they believed it was a sphere).

N

cube# 6484

Moves
18 Apr 07
2 edits

A) Please point to where I said something "wrong" as you claimed. You do concede the statement I quoted above is factually true, don't you? If not, you are a nitwit and/or a liar;

B) Check this link. http://www.godmandir.com/his.htm Rigvedic mantras were being composed in 6000 BC. The traditional dates for Hinduism range from 3000 BC to 1500 BC. Ev vant to its truth (people believed the Earth was flat before they believed it was a sphere).
moses was born somewhere between the 16th and 13th century bec, sound older than 600 bc, or the 6th century bec.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Apr 07

moses was born somewhere between the 16th and 13th century bec, sound older than 6000 bc, or the 6th century bec.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please find a dictionary and look up the meaning of the word "century".

N

cube# 6484

Moves
18 Apr 07
2 edits

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please find a dictionary and look up the meaning of the word "century".
i was speaking in reference to birth of Buddhism in 583 bec, which is younger than atleast Moses who lived prior to 1300 bec. Neither of which is older than 6000 bec (my bad) which was a figure you brought up. First you brought up Buddhism which is younger, then you arbitrarily bring up 6000.. That's like me saying Adam and Eve spoke to God before anybody you can bring up, thus the idea of GOD preceeded anything else.

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
18 Apr 07

i was speaking in reference to birth of Buddhism in 583 bec, which is younger than atleast Moses who lived prior to 1300 bec. Neither of which is older than 6000 bec (my bad) which was a figure you brought up. First you brought up Buddhism which is younger, then you arbitrarily bring up 6000.. That's like me saying Adam and Eve spoke to God before anybody you can bring up, thus the idea of GOD preceeded anything else.
You are an embarrassment to those of us who share your enjoyment of Guinness and U2.

N

cube# 6484

Moves
18 Apr 07

Originally posted by TheSkipper
You are an embarrassment to those of us who share your enjoyment of Guinness and U2.
another atheist i guess

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Apr 07

Go sit in the corner with the dunce cap on.

As the post above shows, I brought up Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism AT THE SAME TIME and stated that they all pre-dated Christianity. True.

You claimed Moses pre-dated all three. False.

Z8

Moves
18 Apr 07

Originally posted by Penguin
Fair enough, simply being a creationist site should not instantly condem it to ridicle and I did not go through the entire site. I do admit to making broad judgements when I see that a site has a given angle: atheist sites tend to get my trust while theist sites get my distrust. I think this behaviour is probably normal human nature and difficult to stop, ev ...[text shortened]... the valid questions and arguments that you saw? Maybe there's something new...

--- Penguin.
Well, First off, I checked out the link where they give all the scientific evidence supporting creationism. I am personally highly sceptical about this, but they are giving sources. I'm not very familiar with scientific journals and stuff, but most of their sources look like books, which causes some doubts on their evidence. Or maybe I'm wrong?

Anyways, the some of their arguments got me thinking. How did the big bang come to being, or was it always there? Which is the most probable case? The law of conservation of mass states matter cannot be created or destroyed. Is this true without a doubt? So if matter was created, then it has to be by a supernatural event, correct? I will start there.

N

cube# 6484

Moves
18 Apr 07
2 edits

Go sit in the corner with the dunce cap on.

As the post above shows, I brought up Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism AT THE SAME TIME and stated that they all pre-dated Christianity. True.

You claimed Moses pre-dated all three. False.
The only one I ever referenced is Buddhims which came afterwards as I have shown, moron. I never said anything about Hinduism or Taoism.

buy fyi, taoism goes back no farther than 600 bce, moron. So it to happens later.

again moses talking to the "christian God" is 1600 bce. So 2/3 (atleast) of your statement was wrong.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
18 Apr 07

The only one I ever referenced is Buddhims which came afterwards as I have shown, moron. I never said anything about Hinduism or Taoism.

buy fyi, taoism goes back no farther than 600 bce, moron. So it to happens later.

again moses talking to the "christian God" is 1600 bce. So 2/3 (atleast) of your statement was wrong.
Who wrote the stories of Moses and when?

P

Moves
18 Apr 07

Originally posted by Zander 88
Well, First off, I checked out the link where they give all the scientific evidence supporting creationism. I am personally highly sceptical about this, but they are giving sources. I'm not very familiar with scientific journals and stuff, but most of their sources look like books, which causes some doubts on their evidence. Or maybe I'm wrong?

Anyways, ...[text shortened]... if matter was created, then it has to be by a supernatural event, correct? I will start there.
You can get stuff published in a book much easier than in a peer reviewed journal so peer reviewed journals generally should be given more weight. I'm also unfamiliar with peer reviewed journals; they tend to be written with a target audience of people who are experts in the topic so I expect that I would only have a chance of understanding a few only computer science papers.

Theories of how and why the big bang occurred do get extremely odd, partly due to the fact that time and the 3 spacial dimensions are properties of the universe and therefore there was no time 'before' the big bang and no space 'in which' it occurred. Others will probably explain it far better. However, just because the theories we have are hard to understand and make little sense to the layman does not mean that any God did it. It most certainly does not point to any particular one of the many religions that are followed on this small planet.

In terms of the mass problem, I believe the current thinking is that there is negative and positive mass, with the two canceling out and the net total being zero. I do not know whether physical evidence of this has been found though. Again, people more versed in the research should be able to clarify this. Doubt and uncertainty in this area also are not evidence of a god and certainly not of any particular established religion.

These are both difficult questions to get your head around, I'll agree. But the creationists answer boils down to "we don't understand so Goddunnit" which is just a cop out.

--- Penguin.

Z8

Moves
19 Apr 07

Is there a center for the universe? If it all started from the big bang, then that must be where it's out right?

P

Moves
19 Apr 07

Originally posted by Zander 88
Is there a center for the universe? If it all started from the big bang, then that must be where it's out right?
I see it like this.

Imagine the universe as the surface of a balloon. The ballon starts infinitely small and then expands. Where, on the 2-dimensional surface of the balloon, is the starting point?

In 3 dimensions, you can find the starting point but in the 2-dimensional surface you cannot.

Likewise, in the 3 spacial dimensions of the universe, there is no center. I suppose if Time is the extra demension we need then we can find the center: its 14 billion years ago.

--- Penguin.