how much in a roll of 100 dollar bills?

Posers and Puzzles

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Jun 11

Originally posted by joe shmo
I don't understand, the radius of this supposed "roll" Benjamins isn't constant...It would be in theory a "spiral". Who rolls money into perfect cylinders ( or as close to perfect as can be achieved with sheets of paper of constant length)? But i'm just being picky.
That would be 100 percent perfect packing, I assume. One bill packed right up against the next, no overlapping. If there was overlapping I would assume more like 60 bills would add up to that radius I specified.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
26 Jun 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
I'll dig out my calipers, I can only test the smaller ones, unless I go to the bank, they might let me play with a C note for awhile.
Just out of curiosity,

why bother with one note? Ask to play with a pile of notes and make a roll of the required size, then count the notes. Or even let them make you a roll behind the screen, so it is quite safe for them!

Problem is - are banks ever nice to people unless they already have their own pile of large notes deposited with them?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jun 11

Originally posted by finnegan
Just out of curiosity,

why bother with one note? Ask to play with a pile of notes and make a roll of the required size, then count the notes. Or even let them make you a roll behind the screen, so it is quite safe for them!

Problem is - are banks ever nice to people unless they already have their own pile of large notes deposited with them?
Well since we calculated it to be about 12 thousand bucks, I don't think any bank would let us play with 120 100 dollar bills......

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
29 Jun 11

Saw a movie where the protagonist pulled out a roll of 100 dollar bills about 5 cm in diameter. I googled how thick is that bill, 100 of them stacked is 1 cm. So how much does a roll 5 cm in diameter represent? We can make the assumption the inner diameter was 1 cm, like a toilet roll.
Calculate the volume, determine the mass, then you have the number of bills.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
29 Jun 11

Well since we calculated it to be about 12 thousand bucks, I don't think any bank would let us play with 120 100 dollar bills......
There must be a wunch of bankers on this site - maybe they would do it for you?

I can do that!

tinyurl.com/34hnv22f

Moves
03 Jul 11

I just got that. I think.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Jul 11

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Jul 11
1 edit

I really don't know that many waankers here. Would you believe the spelling with one 'a' is censored?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.