Somebody, do a screen grab on 2/22

General

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Feb 22

@sonhouse said
@Very-Rusty
You do know he is a professional chemist? I would imagine he knows computersπŸ™‚
I don't recall him saying he was a professional chemist. So would you have to be computer savvy to be a pro-chemist?

-VR

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
22 Feb 22

@very-rusty said
I don't recall him saying he was a professional chemist. So would you have to be computer savvy to be a pro-chemist?

-VR
I am.

You don't exactly need to (depending on your specialization) but it helps. When I was a PhD student I was responsible for all the hardware in the Institute. (we migrated from Win31. to Win95....and we had some Silicon Graphics machines, for those in the know)

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Feb 22

@ponderable said
I am.

You don't exactly need to (depending on your specialization) but it helps. When I was a PhD student I was responsible for all the hardware in the Institute. (we migrated from Win31. to Win95....and we had some Silicon Graphics machines, for those in the know)
Good for you Pondy!

Can you write up programs? I was learning how to do some of that on chat site back many years ago. I really should have kept it up.

-VR

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
22 Feb 22

@Very-Rusty

I can still do Basic (visual basic for office), I learned ( got the supercomputer licensce back in 1992) but have not prcatised for some time Pacsal, I do a bit Python

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Feb 22
1 edit

@ponderable said
@Very-Rusty

I can still do Basic (visual basic for office), I learned ( got the supercomputer licensce back in 1992) but have not prcatised for some time Pacsal, I do a bit Python
1992 would have been around the time I was learning to write up programs. One of the Supervisors on the chat site back then was teaching some of us operators on the site how to do it. I found it very difficult at first to be honest with you and everyone.

-VR

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
22 Feb 22
2 edits

@ponderable said
@Very-Rusty

I loved Pascal because it had sets and set operators - union, intersection etc. And I wrote a program in C
to solve all the positions to the 8 queens problem that I wished I had written in Pascal.

good stuff.

* 8 queens problem - arrange 8 queens onto a chess board where no queen checks any other

Contentious

Moves
22 Feb 22

@Ponderable

Have you seen "Breaking Bad" the Netflix series?

Great show about a Chemistry Teacher.

Moves
23 Feb 22

@contenchess said
@Ponderable

Have you seen "Breaking Bad" the Netflix series?

Great show about a Chemistry Teacher.
That guy was “cracked”.πŸ˜²πŸ˜‰

Moves
23 Feb 22

@pawnpaw said
So it's both a palindrome, and an ambigram...
If it were also a pangolin I think that would be some kind of trifecta.

Moves
23 Feb 22

@executioner-brand said
it's already been..........
Must be difficult, always living in the future. πŸ˜‰

Moves
23 Feb 22

@earl-of-trumps said
Make a post so that it looks thusly:

22 Feb 22 22:22
Sorry, Earl. I took a nap after breakfast and slept all day.

However: 22 Feb 22 22:22

Happy now? πŸ˜‰

Felis Australis

Australia

Moves
23 Feb 22

In Melbourne, AEDT, on 22 Feb 2022, the official recorded temperature at 2pm was exactly 22C. All 6 mainstream news networks got excited about it.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
24 Feb 22

@kevin-eleven said
Sorry, Earl. I took a nap after breakfast and slept all day.

However: 22 Feb 22 22:22

Happy now? πŸ˜‰
Me so happy, Kevin 😍

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Feb 22

@ponderable said
@Very-Rusty

Pascal was my favorite programming language, it made the most sense to me. Never did get the hang of C. That was back in college, though.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Feb 22

@kewpie said
In Melbourne, AEDT, on 22 Feb 2022, the official recorded temperature at 2pm was exactly 22C. All 6 mainstream news networks got excited about it.
That sounds pretty awesome to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.